What's new

NATO supply cut hurting Pakistan’s Economy

US embargoed our F-16s and also made us pay the parking fees for them. It is time we pay them in kind. The losses will automatically cut down.

Today is 12-26. I was wrong in my estimate that NATO supplies would resume within one month.

I agree with you AA that, this time, something is different. I hope Pakistan makes the best of this opportunity to set things right.

not only were you wrong you were advocating capitulation. Now by pak keeping routes closed you are calling it an oppurtunity. If Pak had done what you suggested and wanted there would have been no oppurtunity and no doubt we would have had some more pakistani collateral damage from drones.

It can't hurt any more than $70 odd Billion lost even when supplies were running smoothly.

If nothing the termination is a double edge sword....must be hurting some one else as well, alas sometimes to gain much you have to lose some.

It can't hurt any more than $70 odd Billion lost even when supplies were running smoothly.

If nothing the termination is a double edge sword....must be hurting some one else as well, alas sometimes to gain much you have to lose some.

The question here would be is Pakistan prepared for it??? Unlike western counterparts most of the policy in South Asia are reactive. Pakistan economy is already in a mess and without US support i am not sure how things will improve. Are talks going on in Pakistan about how they will manage to bring back economy to its feet?? Why you guys are not talking about that....b/w $70 Billion is just a paper figure and have no weight...it is like India's 2G scam where some crazy number is quoted...Like it or not US is still the superpower of the world and one need to keep that in mind while formulating any policy...So far Pakistan has done well but at the end of the day they need to move towards normalcy of relations...

problem can be solved if govt gives a permanent answer, which it isn't. if its not going to open way, USA will either take the stuff back or dump it as scrap, either of which will solve the problem

current govt wants USA to increase the money to fill their tummies, thats all

These supplies should not be made an excuse for already collapsing economy, atleast Pakistan refused this supply route honorably & with it's own wish, otherwise these supplies would've ended in 2014any how(or max 2016). Economy of Pakistan is hurting & collapsing because of corruption, electricity, gas shortage & also because there is no accountability of ghaddari & co, the Army, SC & awam should've join hands to pressurize govt on collapsing economy but sadly it seems no one interested anymore for Pakistan.

I disagree, look at it in terms of the reduction in terrorism in Pakistan. We get one or two incidents a week now, compared to 20 before that.

In terms of boost that the economy can get with a stable and secure Pakistan, there is no comparison.

You have hit it on the head. We need a radical shift in our policy vis a vis Afghanistan and NATO support. Even the right decision in its own rights will lift peoples morale up. The rising tide of PTI will ensure that the PPP Govtt takes notice and gathers some brownie points to go to Elections with. COAS has blunted the Coup rumour and I salute him for this. So all in all things are looking up for pakistan at the moment. Lets keep going in that direction. We dont need the US and their useless dollars, specifically in the master client relationship that we have on going with them. We need a relationship which is on the basis of mutual respect of each others sovereignty and rights. Stop selling them the right to bomb OUR people.
Araz

don't worry abut us bachy we are still better

@ khan :: but dont you think now pakistan is in the worst condition well if u look the track from 1947 its not good

dont you want that in your nation every one live with peace , love

well pakistan has to think about devloment, food, growth, peace, and sorry to say army isi cant provide that

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

what is requirement for pakistan

isi+ army or pakistan growth, progress, peace, food for every one , strong democracy ,

and i dont think any army or intelligence agency can do that

You have hit it on the head. We need a radical shift in our policy vis a vis Afghanistan and NATO support. Even the right decision in its own rights will lift peoples morale up. The rising tide of PTI will ensure that the PPP Govtt takes notice and gathers some brownie points to go to Elections with. COAS has blunted the Coup rumour and I salute him for this. So all in all things are looking up for pakistan at the moment. Lets keep going in that direction. We dont need the US and their useless dollars, specifically in the master client relationship that we have on going with them. We need a relationship which is on the basis of mutual respect of each others sovereignty and rights. Stop selling them the right to bomb OUR people.
Araz

Stop the Taliban, don't give them the right to bomb your country. Thousands of Pakistanis have been killed already. Pakistani military forces being attacked. Just like a few days ago when 6 Pakistani military personnel were killed.

Back
Top Bottom