What's new

Nato lifting security checkpoints to allow a flood of militants into Bajaur?

Asim even if the supplies had affected their operations can it be equated with sending declared terrorists and helping them to kill innocent people in another country by US that is uptill now claiming its her right to invade any nation for getting these terrorists ?

Does it mean US is now an ally of these terrorists ?

Jana.. It seems you are intentionally misrepresenting actions here..

There is a difference in pushing terrorists into another country and easing the pressure to allow them to do what they want.

By your logic, it was Pakistan that pushed the 10 people into Mumbai, because Pakistan's security failed to stop them from existing Paksitan to attack India. Just like in this case NATO is failing to stop the AT fighters from taking control of Pakistani areas..

Jana.. It seems you are intentionally misrepresenting actions here..

There is a difference in pushing terrorists into another country and easing the pressure to allow them to do what they want.

By your logic, it was Pakistan that pushed the 10 people into Mumbai, because Pakistan's security failed to stop them from existing Paksitan to attack India. Just like in this case NATO is failing to stop the AT fighters from taking control of Pakistani areas..

Sorry to jump in but 26/11 is different situation. We didn't abandoned any checkpost or out post to let the 10 terrorist go past by. On the other hand NATO is giving them clear way to go into Pakistan.

:no: NOT at all. NATO and US pentagon officials clearly said they have many routes for supplies and many options and the supplies never affected their operations against militants in Afghanistan hence this excuse is merely supporting US for pushing terrorists into Pakistan.

NATO supplies is merely a business deal and we have every right to scrap the deal.

Then its not USA's duty to prevent infiltration into Pakistan. Thats what the Pakistani Army and FC is for. Isnt it?

You may put whatever spin on this. But when you scratch USA, they do bite back. Pakistan got into the game of flexing muscles against the USA, and USA hit back where it hurts the most.

Both Pakistani as well as USA action, in my view were/are stupid and ill adviced. The only people both the actions benefitted were the terrorists..

I dont speak for all Indians, but I personally hated Pakistan's move to block supplies and equally hate USA's move to increase pressure on Pakistan by reducing it from the terrorists..

Sorry to jump in but 26/11 is different situation. We didn't abandoned any checkpost or out post to let the 10 terrorist go past by. On the other hand NATO is giving them clear way to go into Pakistan.

So I am not blaming Pakistan and baking my own cake about Mumbai. The idea is to show that redeploying of forces does not amount to pushing terrorists into another country. But hey.. I dont support this move of NATO and so will not defend it..

I dont speak for all Indians, but I personally hated Pakistan's move to block supplies and equally hate USA's move to increase pressure on Pakistan by reducing it from the terrorists..

You are talking like there are some Pakistani actions which Indian Love...:lol: There is no Pakistani action which Indians love....So no worries...

You are talking like there are some Pakistani actions which Indian Love...:lol: There is no Pakistani action which Indians love....So no worries...

You will be surprised.. Loved Pakistan kicking Musharraf out. Loved its travel back to democracy. Loved its restoration of judiciary..There are a bunch of others but thats a different discussion for a different day...;)

You will be surprised.. Loved Pakistan kicking Musharraf out. Loved its travel back to democracy. Loved its restoration of judiciary..There are a bunch of others but thats a different discussion for a different day...;)

And stopping the negotiation with the TTP and starting the war.

BTW I dont agree with the Mush part.He was one of the better leaders of Pakistan and anytime better than Zardari.Perhaps if he had been there for another 3 years Kashmir would have been solved.

Taliban capture 13 posts close to Pak border

PESHAWAR—The Afghan Taliban Tuesday occupied 13 security check posts very close to the Pakistan border in Bajaur tribal region that were vacated by NATO forces, security officials said.

Taliban fighters occupied the check posts early Tuesday morning after they were vacated by NATO forces. The NATO troops had recently launched Operation Lionheart against militants in the area. The militants have also established their armed patrols in the region, the security officials said.

Pakistan had registered a formal protest against the setting up of the security check posts so close to the border.

Meanwhile, Taliban insurgents fired a rocket into a US helicopter on Tuesday, killing an Afghan interpreter and wounding eight soldiers in eastern Afghanistan, a key flashpoint in the country's war.

The US-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) took nearly a full day to confirm that an explosion on the aircraft was caused by an insurgent attack, which the Taliban militia had been quick to claim. An AFP correspondent in Kunar province said he saw three helicopters flying over the Ghash area of Marawar district and then heard the sound of rocket fire, after which two helicopters flew off and a gun battle broke out.

"Eight people were wounded and one killed after a rocket-propelled-grenade was fired at an International Security Assistance Force helicopter in Kunar province today," the military said. There were 26 people on board the helicopter, which ISAF identified as a US CH-47 Chinook.

The helicopter had just landed at a military outpost and was off-loading through the rear ramp when the RPG was fired into the cargo bay. "The explosion resulted in one Afghan interpreter killed, seven ISAF service members and one Afghan border police member wounded," the military said.

Eastern Afghanistan is one of the most volatile parts of the country, where Taliban and other Islamist insurgents have carved out strongholds.

enough is enough...
If they want to play hardball.
Choke their supply, see how long they last against Taliban without ammo.

More importantly shouldn't the American people speak up against this? I mean are they okay with helping out the Taliban, strengthening them as long as they end up harming Pakistan? 9/11 enemies are now their pals?

More importantly shouldn't the American people speak up against this? I mean are they okay with helping out the Taliban, strengthening them as long as they end up harming Pakistan? 9/11 enemies are now their pals?

This gives us the right to reciprocate in the same

Another angle to this, since you are not helping us (NATO) getting AT in NW. Why should we help you.

Another angle to this, since you are not helping us (NATO) getting AT in NW. Why should we help you.
That is a matter of debate. Every single drop of water Nato soldiers drink, they have to thank Pakistan first.

The H2O running in their bodies is thanks to Pakistan. 70% of their body exists because of Pakistan :). So Nato has to think, when we stop helping them, what will happen.

Bull crap. It will hurt their war more than us.

We also have no responsibility to stop anyone from crossing into Afghanistan. Manning the other side of the border is responsibility of US/NATO invaders currently not ours.

Back
Top Bottom