What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I redirect you to this post where I replied to another member on the situation in Pakistan.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history-strategy/20672-kargil-pafs-role-paf-officer-10.html#post4862446

The problem with Indian Youth as you express is not confined to NRI's as I have seen the trend on my Fb friends as well. There is a dangerous desperation for better governance but in that desperation these age fellows are willing to forgo and put aside humanitarian, communal and ethical principles to achieve it. This does not mean this is a phenomenon confined to India(ala Modi) as Pakistan has had similar parallels with supporters of Imran Khan and as such encountered similar fanaticism in political thinking.

Well, a lot of the Indian reaction to pakistanis putting up stories about indian poverty can be put fown to a teenager's angst at someone they hate poiting out their acne. We know it exists, we know we should do something about it, but we question the motives of those who point out our faults.

Many of the Indian angst is borne out of a deep inferiority complex. Which explains our eagerness to lap at any western compliments and our almost reflexive defensive posture assumed at criticism directed toward our 'rape culture' or whatever.

one symptom of India heading n the right direction would be Indian comedians poking fun at India's sensitive cultural issues and not have Indians jump down his throat screaming offense.

In regard to Narendra modi and the Internet Indian's love affair with him, I think their perspectives will become more tempered by giving him power. Also, the current political landscape lends itself to the fact that local satraps have gained more influence and both the national parties in India must court these loose confederation of warring tribes who are just sniffing around the trough at the centre.

This site has changed my perceptions. I have found many Pakistani posters who are very likable.

The Chinese on the other hand......

Reactions: SQ8
We is not good enough?:frown:

Well, a lot of the Indian reaction to pakistanis putting up stories about indian poverty can be put fown to a teenager's angst at someone they hate poiting out their acne. We know it exists, we know we should do something about it, but we question the motives of those who point out our faults.

Many of the Indian angst is borne out of a deep inferiority complex. Which explains our eagerness to lap at any western compliments and our almost reflexive defensive posture assumed at criticism directed toward our 'rape culture' or whatever.

one symptom of India heading n the right direction would be Indian comedians poking fun at India's sensitive cultural issues and not have Indians jump down his throat screaming offense.

This site has changed my perceptions. I have found many Pakistani posters who are very likable.

The Chinese on the other hand

That problem unfortunately should not exist and essentially slows progress. Pakistanis have learnt to hide it behind the past glory of Mughals and the rest of the Muslim rulers or blame it on third parties. However, compared to an inferiority complex where the idea is centred around protected a perception of lost "honor" using a "I am not fat, just big boned" , the Pakistani approach is equally destructive in its "I did not say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you" and as such has led the nation to the brink.
A lot of it is inherited from the pangs of partition and the dear price in human costs paid in both blood and emotion for it. So when things did not turn out as well as it was expected by the populous; they turned to common psychological narratives to soothe the dissappointment and keep morale up.

I redirect you to this post where I replied to another member on the situation in Pakistan.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history-strategy/20672-kargil-pafs-role-paf-officer-10.html#post4862446

The problem with Indian Youth as you express is not confined to NRI's as I have seen the trend on my Fb friends as well. There is a dangerous desperation for better governance but in that desperation these age fellows are willing to forgo and put aside humanitarian, communal and ethical principles to achieve it. This does not mean this is a phenomenon confined to India(ala Modi) as Pakistan has had similar parallels with supporters of Imran Khan and as such encountered similar fanaticism in political thinking. One could argue that such fanaticism existed from eons in the subcontinent(as an example) and hence is nothing new. However, this has been seen in educated Indians and Pakistan who you would expect to be calmer and more introspective about their choices and actions as has been the hallmark of educated people in the subcontinent. However, the reality is rather opposite and in a bizarre way. Educated people are now more willing to resort to extreme language/methods and conviction to support an idea of change. This is witnessed easily here in any thread that concerns the BJP or PTI and it shows that these people have as such taken a leap of blind faith. Similar analogies could be drawn to Obama's election(who literally had Change as his motto) but as such Americans are better in choosing domestic leadership promises as us and their support of Obama in approval ratings shows. Similar effects are not seen here and thinking while voting has lesser effect as does emotions; almost as if people are desperate to get rid of a suffocating blanket and are not worried about burning the house down in that process.

Sorry for quting you again @Oscar=)

I read through your posts and I admired the way you stuck to your guns even when felow Pakistani posters where hostile to you.

Wish I had the same guts as you to stand up for my non-vegetarian ways against the new vegan militia on this forum :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That problem unfortunately should not exist and essentially slows progress. Pakistanis have learnt to hide it behind the past glory of Mughals and the rest of the Muslim rulers or blame it on third parties. However, compared to an inferiority complex where the idea is centred around protected a perception of lost "honor" using a "I am not fat, just big boned" , the Pakistani approach is equally destructive in its "I did not say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you" and as such has led the nation to the brink.
A lot of it is inherited from the pangs of partition and the dear price in human costs paid in both blood and emotion for it. So when things did not turn out as well as it was expected by the populous; they turned to common psychological narratives to soothe the dissappointment and keep morale up.

Last reply to you as I have to head back to work in an hour. Inferiority complex should not exist.

I did have it initially in the beginning, when I used to think everything 'western' is cool. After I got older, I realised I came from a country that had a very ancient culture and a country that somehow functions with mind-blowing diversity. The statement about a North indian being more at home in Lahore or Karachi than they would be at Chennai or Kochi.

As I got older, I began to embrace my Indian quirks and take life way more easy.

Like the Jeff bridge philosophy

@fallstuff... Dude.... u from South Florida ?

My Dad is going to South Africa for months, yipee :yay: Freedom!

@Ravi Nair you are in need of urgent re-education.
@Armstrong you are being mean to me brother..now give me a hugsy.
@Secur Had a rough day man, explaining SEAD/DEAD operational procedures, FDF functions in an air campaign is tiring. I swear we need a professional level resource pool here- as in with some serious data so that these persistent misconceptions can be ironed out.

@Dillinger.

Do you care to explain? did I commit an error in fact or statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom