What's new

Naswaristan

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Armstrong I am just a student but I can try to answer your questions at least.

The long answer would require a thesis, but the short answer is yes, I think that a society can be both pluralistic and democratic without necessarily being secular, providing all religious beliefs are treated equally and any differences on inter-religious matters are resolved by democratic principles without depriving any minority of its due rights.

You are probably correct that this is along the lines of what Jinnah wanted for Pakistan, but our experience shows that it is not easy to achieve for many reasons. That is also probably why secular democracies are easier to create and manage.
you can have pluralistic and democratic form of governance without being secular. However it will be impossible to treat people of all religions equally. Once govt gets into business of religion, democracy will make sure some religions treated favourably and some are not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once upon a time, there were three trolls who used to troll BD section everyday.

Their names were @arp2041 @Imran Khan and @Skull and Bones. They trolled day and night. Until I ascended :devil:

I smell jealousy over the sheer awesomeness of my avatar :angel:

These days no one trolls in Bangladeshi section. I am very dissapointed. PDF ka income must have reduced drastically :D
@Loki you should go on a long vacation without internet :D

Only a student Janabah jee. He is wrong obviously.

Jee baba jee... jaisa aap kahan. Student ya professor - hum kaun hotay hai object karnay walay.

When are you changing your location flags?

Easy when you have Punjab police in your pockets.

Not impressed.

Rumour has it in some places PMLN paid cash to families to buy their votes. Not sure how true it is though.

My mother recently came to US. Now she is home with me bro.

Mums are the bestest in the world. Does she cook parathas and all for you, or do you pamper her.

Jee baba jee... jaisa aap kahan. Student ya professor - hum kaun hotay hai object karnay walay.

When are you changing your location flags?

Rumour has it in some places PMLN paid cash to families to buy their votes. Not sure how true it is though.

Mums are the bestest in the world. Does she cook parathas and all for you, or do you pamper her.

She cooked once. I am trying not to let her as she is ill, so I order out.

you can have pluralistic and democratic form of governance without being secular. However it will be impossible to treat people of all religions equally. Once govt gets into business of religion, democracy will make sure some religions treated favourably and some are not.

Yes, I agree. It is possible but not easy at all.

That is why most successful democracies stick with the easier secular approach.

Hey :wave: :wave:

@A.Rafay after a long time using my dabba and watching Ashique2 its not weekend per aik din late hona chalta hai :D :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom