What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, how are you supposed to know which is the right history. The one that is portrayed by Zaid Hamid or Najam sethi; If one tries to understand 1971 through established history and 3 million rapes, it is very daunting; What about blood and tears; that's considered a propaganda work isn't it?

Likewise, what to say of TNT, are those records of Muslim persecution considered to be true, pirpur report, Most Indians who know about history deny any such happening and I have yet to see anyone argue for it. It does seem like a ploy, that all was oblivous to such going ons untill a private investigator was hired one day :D

First off there is no such thing as 'established' history; history is, to be brutally honest, a cauldron of disjointed facts that you pull out of to support your opinion & give your narration of events as you understand them to be. Were it anything otherwise then there wouldn't be grave disagreements on even the most basic of narrations between established historians & investigative journalists.

The Pirpur Report, Bangladesh & even the Two Nation Theory falls into the same category !

The Litmus Test of the sincerity of any credible narrative lies in the 'evidence' it puts forth not postulations & blanket statements one after the other in a fine circular argument that both sides have a tendency of doing.

P.S The Pirpur Report can be substantiated further by those who lived through those times & the counter arguments provided in the Press Notes were without any evidentiary support to counter the Committee's findings ! Ask any octagenarian who lived through those times, I have asked my fair share of them, how things were during the Congress Ministries & you'd get a first hand account of those things.

P.P.S Our failings as a Nation lies in our failure to produce a 'counter-narrative' & their success as a Nation lies in expounded their 'narrative' with such exuberance & frequency that ours got drowned out ! The same is true of '47, the years leading up to '47, of '48, of '65, of '71, of Siachin, of Kargil, of '02, of Kashmir, of Balochistan, of Afghanistan & our role in the so-called Afghan Jihad ! We never argue our 'point of view' & our 'narrative'.

P.P.P.S A desire to learn the past is indeed commendable for it gives us a view into where we 'come from' & where we 'may go' but a proper 'appraisal' calls for a genuine desire to deconstruct events & get to the bottom of things. We are, I'm afraid, far too gullible for that - the Islamists & the so called Intellectuals - Both ! We end up pandering to & parroting someone else's rhetoric with such ease & such faithfulness that it is revolting to see what 'intellect' has come down to !

Look at us , killing people in the name of our prophet (P.B.U.H.) and cutting throats for

Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Calm down guyz.Those were great people.Nobody can take away anything from them.

Anything good we can do to is to follow the path they carved for us.And learn from their teachings.

Happy new year to all here.Let's start it new ,let's start it fresh and let's start it together.

Happy new year friends in Pakistan and India :cheers:

P.S. @Armstrong, @Zarvin is right. The rape part is very much accurate.

u too BB...May u grow hair on ur bald head in this cumin new year:p:bunny:
chubby_baby_pray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The drug of choice for the youth in Pakistan is Hashish or Chars... The highest quality can be obtained from Chaman or Derra.

LOL... I used to pickup my batch from Attock anti narcotics thana, while on my way! :P

u too BB...May u grow hair on ur bald head in this cumin new year:p:bunny:
chubby_baby_pray.jpg

Meri jan, to you too. Don't worry about your big b's hair situation, all is well. There are at least 10 more years left in them. Whatever happens, big B is tall and handsome, no worries! :D

Let's start it new ,let's start it fresh and let's start it together.
Let's start it with Hyperion at the helm, and rest of the team taking care of baddies. :P

P.S. @Armstrong, @Zarvin is right. The rape part is very much accurate.

Never said it wasn't ! I merely tried to argue that 'the Pakistan Army' wasn't evil incarnate & the Mukti Bahini weren't a bunch of angelic beings without any blood on their hands. The Agartalla Conspiracy wasn't a figment of our imagination nor was the destructive role of the India's security establishment.

It is only fair that if an appraisal is to be conducted then 'all sides' should be weighed up for what they did or did not do & not the one-sided history that is taught both in Pakistan & in Bangladesh also in India whereby one side is demonized to no end & yet others are portrayed as the proverbial Knights in Shinning Armour !

And yes the 3 million figure along with the 300,000 rapes remains unsubstantiated ! Disputing the figures doesn't imply that I'm absolving the Pakistan Army or the Razakars for what they did or did not do but nor does it imply that I'm going to let the Mukti Bahini & their mobs off the hook for they did to Pro-Pakistan Bengalis & West-Pakistani civilians.

For all the Bengali women my boys raped & the Bengali men they butchered I've heard equally grotesque first hand accounts of what the Biharis & West-Pakistanis including families of soldiers had to go through !

First off there is no such thing as 'established' history; history is, to be brutally honest, a cauldron of disjointed facts that you pull out of to support your opinion & give your narration of events as you understand them to be. Were it anything otherwise then there wouldn't be grave disagreements on even the most basic of narrations between established historians & investigative journalists.

The Pirpur Report, Bangladesh & even the Two Nation Theory falls into the same category !

The Litmus Test of the sincerity of any credible narrative lies in the 'evidence' it puts forth not postulations & blanket statements one after the other in a fine circular argument that both sides have a tendency of doing.

P.S The Pirpur Report can be substantiated further by those who lived through those times & the counter arguments provided in the Press Notes were without any evidentiary support to counter the Committee's findings ! Ask any octagenarian who lived through those times, I have asked my fair share of them, how things were during the Congress Ministries & you'd get a first hand account of those things.

P.P.S Our failings as a Nation lies in our failure to produce a 'counter-narrative' & their success as a Nation lies in expounded their 'narrative' with such exuberance & frequency that ours got drowned out ! The same is true of '47, the years leading up to '47, of '48, of '65, of '71, of Siachin, of Kargil, of '02, of Kashmir, of Balochistan, of Afghanistan & our role in the so-called Afghan Jihad ! We never argue our 'point of view' & our 'narrative'.

P.P.P.S A desire to learn the past is indeed commendable for it gives us a view into where we 'come from' & where we 'may go' but a proper 'appraisal' calls for a genuine desire to deconstruct events & get to the bottom of things. We are, I'm afraid, far too gullible for that - the Islamists & the so called Intellectuals - Both ! We end up pandering to & parroting someone else's rhetoric with such ease & such faithfulness that it is revolting to see what 'intellect' has come down to !

First you say the history with the most evidence is most credible then you use personal correspondence(which is not evidence), if you were to ask an 'octagaraian' hindu from India, they will say that's all BS and nothing of that sort happened.

Not saying your wrong though, just never seen Pakistanis defend this viewpoint against the knowledgable historians on here. BTW who are the 'established historians' of British India who accept pirpur report, I must ask?

Happy new year yara!

Btw, you need a crash course in Networks! :D

Im in another City And With new internet connection, I thought of creating a new account on PDF as i wont be recognized as my IP is different Now!!! i thought of trolling hard On my new account But Logged in To Say happy new year!! @Aeronaut @Armstrong @Hyperion @Marshmallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom