What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe @Armstrong has a collection of those toys which he zealously protects! :D

hahhahah i think so:P he wants to collect all the animals of zoo that McDonalds Happy Meal gives

Motayy touu hogaiii hain hummm...! :D

Yup I've tried Hardees but trying to get a parking spot over at the M.M.Alam road is a pain in the arse so I tend to ignore that !

Subway is my all time favorite in Fastfoods though with the occasional Nandos ! :smitten:

i like their fries
Hardees-North-Nazimabad-Review-By-Sadaf-Farooqui-(5).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yes sadly this is because we don't have a National Incident Command System, this is instrumental in emergency operations. The NDMA is working on a draft, but it has been in the pipelines since 2009.

I am impressed by your knowledge, the problem is tiered and not linear. There is a huge disparity between pre-hospital care and in hospital care levels in Pakistan.

For example in developed countries you have people with basic knowledge relating to C Spine Injuries and basic airway management, so they know not to move someone who has had a car crash or fall form height and keep the airway open of someone unconscious. In Pakistan the average bystander will never have such knowledge and this compromises the Golden Hour Golden hour (medicine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, not only does this compromise the golden hour but also has an impact on the Platinum 10 mins (ambulatory care time) Battlefield Medicine: The Golden Hour and the Platinum Ten | Britannica Blog.

Secondly when trained responders arrive, we are trained to use a system called START: Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment, in addition to doing a Rapid Trauma Assessment or Medical assessment of the patient, the starting the relevant intervention (Load and Go: Serious Trauma to be treated in hospital, or Stay and Play: Basic First Aid provision, non life threatening).

In Rescue 1122, CARES and Aman Foundation ambulances carry basic and intermediate care equipment including Patient Monitoring, AED, O2, Suction, burns kit, IVs, Airway Management etc... The problem really starts when the patient leaves the bubble of care of the ambulance and is received at the A&E dept of a hospital.

When the ambulance arrives at the hospital the crew will do a handover with doctors, this handover will include a PRF: Patient Report Form, which is filled in by the paramedics when they are transporting the patient and includes data important to the Doctor such as SAMPLE: S:Signs & Symptoms, A:Allergies, M: Medications, P: Past Medical History, L: Last meal/oral intake, E: Events leading upto along with a GCS: Glasgow Coma Scale and other vital patient statistics.

As i said, there is a huge disparity in the levels of care provided at Pre-Hospital and in-hospital. Some hospitals do not have doctors or nurses trained in BLS or ALS, let alone trauma care skills, these hospitals are very understaffed and ill equipped. Sadly it is here that the patients start to suffer, as the chain of survival and golden hour becomes compromised.

There is an emphasis on improving hospital response and training for in hosptial staff on International Standars, for example the lifesavers foundation has been providing ALS: Advanced Life Support & BTLS: Basic Trauma Life Support training to doctors and nurses since 2005: Lifesavers Foundation - Home

Furthermore PEER: Program for Enhancement of Emergency Response ( A joint project of NSET and USAID) has been working on improving hospital surge capacity and response capacity for MCI: mass casualty incidents.
http://www.ndma.gov.pk/Docs/BooksAndPublications/PEER/Pakistan_PEER_Complete_Database.pdf

Still a lot needs to be done, but Pakistan is limited because of red tape and lack of funds/interest. Did you know that we started free Basic Life Support training in Rawalpindi and Islamabad and only managed to train 400 volunteers from 2005 to 2010, because a lack of interest, Whereas private trainers charge 2500 to 5000 rupees per person for this training :(

A lot more needs to be done.

Sir, thank you very much for your precious time.You have touched many topics and pointed out many mistakes, that we commit most of the time unknowingly and unaware of the consequences.The phrase "Ignorance is bliss" fits upon our masses pretty well.

For example in developed countries you have people with basic knowledge relating to C Spine Injuries and basic airway management, so they know not to move someone who has had a car crash or fall form height and keep the airway open of someone unconscious. In Pakistan the average bystander will never have such knowledge and this compromises the Golden Hour Golden hour (medicine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, not only does this compromise the golden hour but also has an impact on the Platinum 10 mins (ambulatory care time) Battlefield Medicine: The Golden Hour and the Platinum Ten | Britannica Blog.

We are talking about a society where the Government is not ready to educate the masses or provide them with the best of the medical facilities.It's a dream that will not come true at least in the near future. Even the most of the educated strata is unaware of these terms( you have mentioned above), that may come handy to them when the time comes.

Talking about the management of C-spine injuries,most of the times,the attendants and the relatives of the patients are the real culprits.And if you escape that risk,there are a whole lot of stages you have to pass through to end up in one piece from the bumpy roads to the grumpy fellows.

SurgNeurolInt_2012_3_4_188_98584_u1.jpg

We as a nation have a tunnel vision.Caring about the platinum 10 minutes ,the golden hour management is not our priority.The ambulance may be carrying a siren,a hooter or a red light but we are not ready to give it a clear path.
Also if it's our loved one/relative in an ambulance ,no matter how many we are ,we must ride with him/her through to the hospital,with out caring that,he may need some first aid care and we must depend upon the rescue team for this.Instead it is something done out of courtesy.

Like you just have mentioned about the lack of BLS training among the masses and doctors not aware of the ACLS/ATLS protocols.If they are practiced somewhere.Most of the time we will not bother to get a refresher course and improve our techniques by research and observe how are the trends shifting quickly (from a log roll to a straddle lift and slide,even a hands only CPR by a bystander can save an individual from imminent death until the help arrives).

Did you know that we started free Basic Life Support training in Rawalpindi and Islamabad and only managed to train 400 volunteers from 2005 to 2010, because a lack of interest, Whereas private trainers charge 2500 to 5000 rupees per person for this training :(

Who cares sir,while i'm posting this the media is reporting about the killing of the Polio workers.Alas!

This forum and it's topics are anyways not for children ;)

Translate at least for us Buddhas :cool:

Pehli pehli muhabatoon ka khumar..
Batoon batoon main raat dhal jaye...

Euphoria,of the very first love,means that we spent those long nights talking till the dawn.

Ab kay dil main woh dard utra hai...
Ghair mumkin hai kay aj kal jaye...

But, the pain that now has drifted deep inside my heart, this time around...its impossible that it will heal in a day or two...

Zindgi khush hai tere wadoon pay...
Jaise bachay ka dil behel jaye...

Life,is glad at your promises as if a baby's heart is entertained.

Hijar ki raat dhal gai Muhsin...
Ab to del say kaho sanbhal jaye...

The, night of the diverge has finally gone past Muhsin [Poet's name] -- I, wish my heart may now becomes calm....

@huda : Hello Behan ! :wave:

Aur zindagiii kaisiii haii ? :tup:
@huda : Hello Behan ! :wave:

Aur zindagiii kaisiii haii ? :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom