What's new

Myanmar Navy starts submarine training in Pakistan

So Pakistan is really giving them Agosta-70 which are being upgraded?

Seem unlikely to me. But there may be other sources for Agosta 70.

Jane's quoted diplomatic sources as saying that about 20 Burmese sailors arrive late April and early May Karachi, Pakistan Navy began to accept 'basic familiarity training'. The article said the squad may be stationed at in Karachi Pakistan Navy submarine training center, which provides simulator training, simulated dive, promote and listen to the recording and analysis of sonar training. So, considering Bangladeshes interest and active effort to acquire submarines, and in the absense of Myanmar navy having or prospecting submarines, might these Burmese be there to learn about anti-submarine warfare, to learn about submarine warfare so they can then bettter fight them?

http://www.defensenews.com/article/...04/Asia-s-Naval-Procurement-Sees-Major-Growth

Jane's quoted diplomatic sources as saying that about 20 Burmese sailors arrive late April and early May Karachi, Pakistan Navy began to accept 'basic familiarity training'. The article said the squad may be stationed at in Karachi Pakistan Navy submarine training center, which provides simulator training, simulated dive, promote and listen to the recording and analysis of sonar training. So, considering Bangladeshes interest and active effort to acquire submarines, and in the absense of Myanmar navy having or prospecting submarines, might these Burmese be there to learn about anti-submarine warfare, to learn about submarine warfare so they can then bettter fight them?

Asia's Naval Procurement Sees Major Growth | Defense News | defensenews.com

You may have something there. I have searched high and low and found no mentions of Myanmar even pondering over purchasing submarines. I looked into some news about the new ports coming up in Burma and if that could tie into a new naval base and subs and even that was inconclusive. Its highly plausible though that the Burmese could be learning the ropes for ASW ops. :agree:
@BDforever..Penguin's post might interest you.

Last edited by a moderator:
kill these bastards what they have done to muslims in their home

what kind of muslims we are training those who are killing our muslim brothers

first we have to safe our own people " Than we can care about other muslims ! Doing bussines with them is good !

There's no place for emotions in the International politics .

Its just good business

Besides the kind of support , we have been receiving from the Ummah during these troubled times is there for everyone to see . Pakistan's interests first !

Aww..the humor of it.

Although what if they decide to launch the torpedos at the BN without declaring Joy Bangla! Will that constitute a breach of agreement?:sick:

Dont you worry .

We will take them to Hague in such case :D

A small contingent of Myanmar Navy (MN) personnel has begun submarine warfare training in Pakistan, a move that suggests Myanmar is finally taking concrete steps towards developing a subsurface capability.

Around 20 officers and ratings arrived in Karachi in late April/early May to begin basic familiarisation training with the Pakistan Navy (PN), according to diplomatic sources. It is likely the contingent is based at the PN's Submarine Training Centre at PNS Bahadur, an onshore facility in Karachi that offers simulator training in diving, propulsion, and sonar tape listening and analysis.

The PN's submarine service has relied on French boats almost since its inception in the 1960s, and today operates two obsolescent Hashmat-class Agosta-70 boats and three modern Khalid-class Agosta-90Bs.
Myanmar Navy starts submarine training in Pakistan - IHS Jane's 360

Hell to Pakistani so called muslim leadership.

There's no place for emotions in the International politics .

Its just good business

Besides the kind of support , we have been receiving from the Ummah during these troubled times is there for everyone to see . Pakistan's interests first !

Don't let your selfish ideas ruin the unity of ummah. When it comes to ummah term there is no give and take and also no pakistani, jordanian, saudi. Al muslimu ka jassadil wahida.

Don't let your selfish ideas ruin the unity of ummah. When it comes to ummah term there is no give and take and also no pakistani, jordanian, saudi. Al muslimu ka jassadil wahida.

I cant really ruin something that doesn't exist in today's world . Sorry for that , mate .

But I am most certainly not ready to let that delusional idea destroy my country just like its doing now . What have we got in return from any Muslim country in these troubled times ?

I cant really ruin something that doesn't exist in today's world . Sorry for that , mate .

But I am most certainly not ready to let that delusional idea destroy my country just like its doing now . What have we got in return from any Muslim country in these troubled times ?

Your country is ruined because of traitors like MUSHARRAF and ZARDARI.

Asia's Naval Procurement Sees Major Growth | Defense News | defensenews.com

I think it would be better for PN to get the BDs and Lankan's on board to train them on ground as well as on real Agosta-70s and later on Agosta-90Bs. So they might have strike a deal of about 3-5 for BDs and may be 1-2 for Lanka's I am sure all this would have drive the PN to go head with their plan to increase the production level of Agosta-90B(Agosta-90P) from 3 to 7 in PN other then selling to others.

Your country is ruined because of traitors like MUSHARRAF and ZARDARI.

But of course .

Why not let the Americans bomb Pakistan to stone age because of another country and in the meantime , wait for Allah's intervention ?

Sparing the pious Commander of the Faithful Zia-ul-Haq , right ? :D

Thought patterns are predictable , you see @Armstrong

Although if Malaysian wants to sell Submarines then IN is the best place to sell it as they are looking to buy some.

But of course .

Why not let the Americans bomb Pakistan to stone age because of another country and in the meantime , wait for Allah's intervention ?

Sparing the pious Commander of the Faithful Zia-ul-Haq , right ? :D

Thought patterns are predictable , you see @Armstrong

and where are we right now?

Back
Top Bottom