What's new

Muslim students in Britain boycotting lectures on evolution

this is more of a theological discussion . i too studied darvins theories(way back in the 80s). understood them and got full marks in the exams . did i believe in them NO .
its a personal choice and the fact my religion forbids any other explanation than the one given in my scriptures. having said that . would i fail just because i don't want to write out what i have too ? NO again . one should not intermingle faith with science .

which ever side you take in that debate . you will win .:)

this is more of a theological discussion . i too studied darvins theories(way back in the 80s). understood them and got full marks in the exams . did i believe in them NO .
its a personal choice and the fact my religion forbids any other explanation than the one given in my scriptures. having said that . would i fail just because i don't want to write out what i have too ? NO again . one should not intermingle faith with science .

which ever side you take in that debate . you will win .:)
Would you have disbelieved newtonian mechanics if your scripture mentioned something opposite(very specifically). I think so.
Why not study science in a independent unbiased way, may be that will expand your mind a bit.

Would you have disbelieved newtonian mechanics if your scripture mentioned something opposite(very specifically).

Now that you mention it Newtonian mechanics is not answer to all the universes mysteries. It badly fails at atomic level.

My point is why should a theory be forced on to people as if it were the Gospel truth ?

It is stupid to boycott classes. Why not just go to lectures , just mug up what they teach and write it in the exams? You don't necessarily have to believe what they are teaching. They can retain their faith without bunking lectures.

Yes I agree with u on this point, just attend the classes and in exam get the grade and move on.

My point is why should a theory be forced on to people as if it were the Gospel truth ?

That's because your understanding of the word "theory" is misguided.

in modern science the term "theory", or "scientific theory" is generally understood to refer to a proposed explanation of empirical phenomena, made in a way consistent with scientific method. Such theories are preferably described in such a way that any scientist in the field is in a position to understand and either provide empirical support ("verify") or empirically contradict ("falsify") it. In this modern scientific context the distinction between theory and practice corresponds roughly to the distinction between theoretical science and technology or applied science. A common distinction sometimes made in science is between theories and hypotheses, with the former being considered as satisfactorily tested or proven and the latter used to denote conjectures or proposed descriptions or models which have not yet been tested or proven to the same standard.

For a sec i believe you and this theory.... A question arises where the hell does those Chimps came from?????

Let me add some other detail in ur question Y IN D BLUE WORLD CHIMPS DIDN'T COMPLETELY EVOLVED TO HUMANS.

And now let me break ur question into pieces it will create more questions than it will answer.

Ok according to Darwin the APE, every thing evolved from microbes ok no problemo than y there are so many species even if they are dwelling in same region. y they are so different and of different characteristics ??????/

And at the end of story even microbes are created by Allah(SWT). And I didn't evolved from Ape coz i can't jump over branches and its very hard for me to climb on tree. but i love animals very much they are beautiful and innocent creations of Allah, and are earthlings

Would you have disbelieved newtonian mechanics if your scripture mentioned something opposite(very specifically). I think so.
Why not study science in a independent unbiased way, may be that will expand your mind a bit.

well me being an engineer do tend to at least believe in the theories of science. :)
what i meant to say is that while i believe its true, my religion says otherwise. i could argue both facets and have a winning arguments on both sides.. after all everything is relative . but its a matter of faith . a personal choice . while i may or not agree with Darwin theories . it can never replace what i hold to be "gospel truth "

That's because your understanding of the word "theory" is misguided.

A common misconception is that scientific theories are rudimentary ideas that will eventually graduate into scientific laws when enough data and evidence has been accumulated. A theory does not change into a scientific law with the accumulation of new or better evidence. A theory will always remain a theory, a law will always remain a law

Well there is no scientific evolution law yet. It is still a theory

religion should be kept away from education

Education came from Religion............means the origin of education is religion...........otherwise there is no difference between a human and animals.

London: A growing number of Muslim students at a leading British university are avoiding lectures on evolution, saying it is contrary to the creationist ideas stated in the Quran.

Professors at the University College London, a leading multidisciplinary university, have expressed concern over the rising number of biology students boycotting lectures on Darwinist theories, which forms an important part of the syllabus, citing their religion, the Daily Mail reported.

These students include three trainee doctors in one of Britain's leading medical courses.

Muslim opponents to Darwinism maintain that Allah created the world, mankind and all known species in a single act.

According to Darwin's theory of the survival of the fittest, every organism on earth is involved in a struggle for survival and some individuals of a species are better adapted than other individuals to their environment.

The individuals that are better adapted to their environment are most likely to survive
and have a chance to reproduce, thereby passing on their useful adaptations to the next generation. Those who are less well adapted do not survive long enough to breed. These ideas formed the basis of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection.

Muslim students in Britain boycotting lectures on evolution

These are taught still as theories. so no need to boycott them.

Allah did create the world.... British just copy and say its british. WHat?

Allah is the all knowing and the greatest ever not some bacteria types brits.

Back
Top Bottom