What's new

Muslim first or Pakistani ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz

BANNED
Reaction score
I have interacted with Pakistanis for a while and this contradiction has often troubled me. I would like to know what do real Pakistanis think of this.

Do Pakistanis consider themselves Muslim first and Pakistani second, or Pakistani first and Muslim second ?

Thank You.

Blitz,

This is a sure way of starting a way flame war in a pakistani forum. I am sure most of them will not answer the question directly and that their response will be "what if I put the same question to you?".

I have interacted with Pakistanis for a while and this contradiction has often troubled me. I would like to know what do real Pakistanis think of this.

Do Pakistanis consider themselves Muslim first and Pakistani second, or Pakistani first and Muslim second ?

Thank You.

Funny this topic came up I was talking to Jana about the same. The difference between Pakistanis and Indians is.
A Indian will stand anywhere in the world and say I am a Indian
on the other hand Pakistani will say I am a Muslim and a Pakistani.
Now saying that Foundation of Pakistan was built on religion, but that does not change the fact that we put country behind religion or Vice Versa. In other words I am a Pakistani and my religion cannot change that. My religion teaches me to first respect my motherland and then my religion.
My views might be different from a civilian.

Thank You.

double post

Thank You.

what if I put the same question to you.:rofl:

IAM A PAKISTANI THEN A MUSLIM.

http://imageshack.us:pakistan: :smitten:

Ok it is ridiculous to suggest that this question will start a flame war ? Why should it, unless someone has something to hide ? Ask me the same and i will say i am Indian first and Hindu second, as simple as that. If i felt otherwise, i would say otherwise. Why should this start a flame war ?

I just want to know what does an average Pakistani thinks, thats all.

Ok it is ridiculous to suggest that this question will start a flame war ? Why should it, unless someone has something to hide ? Ask me the same and i will say i am Indian first and Hindu second, as simple as that. If i felt otherwise, i would say otherwise. Why should this start a flame war ?

cause bhangra12345 is using reverse psychology.:azn:

http://imageshack.us

Lurking around these pakistani forums, I should say I have seen so many times this question was put and they talk about everything under the sun and erupt into flames, except except answer this question directly. Only the above two for the first time in all these YEARS of lurking have answered this somewhat directly.

It is actually a interesting question.......If discussed maturely.
If it does develop into a flame war it will be dealt with.:mod:

The repetitiveness and the frequency by which the question was raised and mostly how people were uncomfortable answering it(please note not this time)- itselves proves that Pakistan has not been able to answer this question in a definitive way.

Edit not part of main discussion: Unfortunately, we being who we are(Indians, where the question has for the most part put to rest)the stained glass of enmity comes into picture. when we ask the question normally, it is not understood to be aimed for arousing either an introspection by the pakistanis or as a question to understand Pakistan by us. Keyser, you should know better than me how it usually becomes a mud-slinging match.

bhangra, it seems you are yourself hellbent upon derailing this thread. No one else has strayed off topic yet except you. This thread is not meant to know what 'Indians' think. This is for Pakistanis to give their opinion, so please leave it at that. I wouldn't have even posted any responses except of your derailing from the subject.

It is actually a interesting question.......If discussed maturely.
If it does develop into a flame war it will be dealt with.:mod:
See this is a tricky question. Matuarity come with knowldge, age and experience. As far as I know, this same question was put so many times to Indian Muslims. 'R U a muslim or an Indian?' and typical replies of many would go like, 'I am a muslim first then an Indian' ! To which most people would jump from thier seats.:bounce:

Emotions and frustration apart, I agree if discussed matuarily this can be a good thread, to know who stand where!
Kashif

Well I guess it depends on how you are treated by your country. (this point is not aimed at anyone so no arsey replies)If you get treated poorly then you will not regard your country highly. If however it treats you well then you tend to be patriotic. etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom