What's new

Musharraf ‘knew Bin Laden was in Abbottabad’: Former ISI chief

This is awfully suspicious by the way, I don't know if this has been discussed before.
From Musharraf's book:

The second miss was again in Abbotabad [sic]. We were tipped off that someone important in al-Qaeda was living in a house there, and that someone else, also very important, someone we were looking for, was supposed to come and meet him. We did not know that the second someone was Abu Faraj al-Libbi, but we had enough information to attempt an interception. Our team members stationed themselves around the house in Abbotabad. When the expected visitor turned up, the person in the house came out to meet him. But as he approached, the visitor acted suspicious and tried to run away. There was an exchange of fire, and he was killed. The visitor was not Libbi. Later, when we arrested Libbi and interrogated him, we discovered his pattern: he would always send someone ahead as a decoy while he imself stayed behind to observe. He was undoubtedly watching his decoy perform the fatal pantomime of the day. (pg 258)

By Kas786

So, you are saying that Musharraf hid OBL in that Abboatabad house and published it to the whole world. That is like providing the proof of his complicity.

On the other hand, lets say that Musharraf was hiding OBL in Abbotabad house. Once, the location is compromised (according to the event described in his book) and Musharraf still wants to hide OBL, what would he do? Leave OBL sitting in that house?

If what you say is true then, probably Musharraf should have provided him better security arrangement than leaving him right in the middle of a populated area.

Populated area right next to THE main military academy.
It doesnt have to be that the whole army know.. or the whole ISI knew.
After all, dictators have in the past siphoned off sources as their own private army..even civilian ones.. remember the FSF?
Perhaps he did have OBL quietly hidden in Abt.. with that knowledge known only to a select few.
After all, who in the ISI would question a property being bought next to Kakul?
So.. as a hypothetical conspiracy.. Mushy finds OBL...ailing with his kidney.
Has him hidden away by some of his cohorts.. and the whole matter hushed up.. all records destroyed.
with him gone.. all traces of the event are lost..and the army and ISI become oblivious to it.
There's even a hollywood movie that has a plot line similar to this..
But hey.. sometimes fiction does tread close to reality.
How much in this case.. I cannot say.

In all reality though.. Musharraf had no clue of it.
Pakistan is a hard country where even the worst of men can live underground.
I remember my time in san antonio where the minute we rented the house.. we had neighbors coming over with welcoming gifts and people coming over to meet us.
Back here in Pakistan.. you rarely know the guy across the street.
for all I know I could have Al zawahiri living next to my house..

This is awfully suspicious by the way, I don't know if this has been discussed before.
From Musharraf's book:

The second miss was again in Abbotabad [sic]. We were tipped off that someone important in al-Qaeda was living in a house there, and that someone else, also very important, someone we were looking for, was supposed to come and meet him. We did not know that the second someone was Abu Faraj al-Libbi, but we had enough information to attempt an interception. Our team members stationed themselves around the house in Abbotabad. When the expected visitor turned up, the person in the house came out to meet him. But as he approached, the visitor acted suspicious and tried to run away. There was an exchange of fire, and he was killed. The visitor was not Libbi. Later, when we arrested Libbi and interrogated him, we discovered his pattern: he would always send someone ahead as a decoy while he imself stayed behind to observe. He was undoubtedly watching his decoy perform the fatal pantomime of the day. (pg 258)

I read Mushy's biography but missed this point. Thanks for pinpointing it.

Re: Musharraf ‘knew Bin Laden was in Abbottabad’: Former ISI chief
its just like Mushy confessing "i see dead people!!"
original.0

By Kas786

So, you are saying that Musharraf hid OBL in that Abboatabad house and published it to the whole world. That is like providing the proof of his complicity.

On the other hand, lets say that Musharraf was hiding OBL in Abbotabad house. Once, the location is compromised (according to the event described in his book) and Musharraf still wants to hide OBL, what would he do? Leave OBL sitting in that house?

Musharraf was not a smart guy, I think we all know that. Him, publishing this story in his biography is not surprising. It's not like he named that "important [person] in Al-Qaeda" by name.

What's worse is that, even though that individual was known to be living in that house in Abbotabad, the story shows you how he was not the target, rather the individual who was supposed to come to the house was. I mean, if you have two Al-Qaeda members meeting up together, at the same time, why not blast the heads off of both of them? Why just target one?

It is very suspicious, and the fact that this story is also about "important in Al-Qaeda living in Abbotabad in a house" who we are not going to touch. Come on, it doesn't look like a coincidence to me.

If you have Mad Musharraf Disease, I'm afraid that any logical argument thrown towards your direction will prove to be futile. I can't do anything about it, if you're not going to keep an open mind and decide to be ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom