What's new

"Musharraf exemplifies a quality Indian politicians should emulate" - Karan Thapar

Bro, we know that Musharraf's dominated party Q-League, was defeated badly from all over the country, but they got highest votes from baluchistan, thats mean the baluchi were the biggest supporter of Musharraf!!

And the people who are bitching, only want balochistan to be liberated!!!
This is very serious matter!!

Yes indeed I can see that when I look at the overnor of Baluchistan is PPP and the ministries have been formed by coalition of PPP so yes indeed we can see that PML(Q) wo n a mojority of the seats in regions that were controlled by tribes that hated Bughti what an acheivement.

I would like that to be seen as the perspective of the average Balochi from his tribe

Why? We are Pakistanis first, not balouch or any other tribesman - Pakistani first, sir.

You surround him starve him and then bring him to justice he could have been held off by simply blocking all access of food and water a few days later the best of him would prefer to come out it has happened in the past why can't it happen again?

Now let me remind you again that that is exactly what happened, but you have to also allow for the fact that the individual holed up may have hostages, or that he individual holed up may have the ability to target others from within his hideout - the former situation was encountered at the Lal Masjid in fact.

So just sitting patiently and waiting for someone to give up is not always an option.

Now let me remind you again that that is exactly what happened, but you have to also allow for the fact that the individual holed up may have hostages, or that he individual holed up may have the ability to target others from within his hideout - the former situation was encountered at the Lal Masjid in fact.

So just sitting patiently and waiting for someone to give up is not always an option.
The terrorists in Lal Masjid were given water and food untill the very last moment. I agree with Bane, GoP had to wait for some more time. I am sure they were not going to give up, but the targets could have been softened at least If they were denied water and food for long enough time. People dont die even after 7-10 days without food and water.

The terrorists in Lal Masjid were given water and food untill the very last moment. I agree with Bane, GoP had to wait for some more time. I am sure they were not going to give up, but the targets could have been softened at least If they were denied water and food for long enough time. People dont die even after 7-10 days without food and water.

If they were given food and water in the LM then I agree that it may have been a flawed move on the part of the Government.

Of course we do not know what the reasoning was behind that move - perhaps they thought they could still negotiate an end to the standoff. One must remember that this was still during the days when PA officers were getting gunned down in FATA because they thought the could 'negotiate' with the militants to have them surrender.

If they were given food and water in the LM then I agree that it may have been a flawed move on the part of the Government.

Of course we do not know what the reasoning was behind that move - perhaps they thought they could still negotiate an end to the standoff. One must remember that this was still during the days when PA officers were getting gunned down in FATA because they thought the could 'negotiate' with the militants to have them surrender.
Yes, I was in Pakistan and watching the whole thing on the TV. The whole LM operation was extremely poorly planned. And I must add that the media (I am a fervent supporter of media though) played a very negative role during that episode. I think in the last days or hours, the GoP just wanted to bring that operation to an end because of the growing unrest among the Pakistani public, thanks to the media. It is too bad that the media was never tried for its negative role that perhaps indirectly affected the successful execution of the operation.

These operations aren't day based or hour based they require weeks a bit of a siege but the criminals have to be bought to the courts of Pakistan not six feet underground we never managed to do this under Musharrafs regime.

Guys i was watching TV, and ARY has reported that son of Bugti has sain that they will welcome any aid from USA and India for the liberation of balochistan!!

Liberate Baluchistan is that the purpose of BNP then he should fight the elections and win the seats and then hold a resolution through parliament i would love to see they hold up to that because they can't win by the pen I doubt they can win by the sword either.

Back
Top Bottom