What's new

Mumbai struggles to catch up with Shanghai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no, china cant match you. Enjoy below.:lol:

Of course my friend, how in the world can we match your great communist party policies. Here, find out more about your baby killing machinery:

Weekend Standard - Lost girls of China

More and more girls disappeared from statistics from the early 1980s and the gender ratio widened in favor of boys every year, at least until 2000 when the situation seemed to stabilize, but at a high level.

Just how many girls are missing and what has become of them is still a matter of demographic guesswork, but it could mean an absence of 40 to 60 million girls by the end of the decade.

Congratulations on China's success :cheers:

You know exactly whats your PM meant, but you are playing games of wording....feel free to enjoy yourself.:cheers:

Yes i know exactly what he was saying.. The Shanghai-Mumbai bugle was first sounded by reformist Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who said in October 2004 as a build-up to the state elections: "When we talk of a resurgent Asia, people think of the great changes that have come about in Shanghai. I share this aspiration to transform Mumbai in the next five years in such a manner that people would forget about Shanghai and Mumbai will become a talking point," the prime minister said. "I have a dream that we can do it. I believe we can become number one through modernization, expansion and development and make Mumbai the number one city in our country," he added

I think both will have sleepless night tonight :rofl: all of a sudden so much truth about their country..:rofl:

there is not much difference between between GDP of mumbai and Shanghai ,but i must admit that shanghai's skyline is much better

List of cities by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Asia, Central & South

MumbaiRank City Country GDP in $ID BN Population (MIL)
1 Mumbai India $ 208 18.978
2 Delhi India $ 167 15.926
3 Kolkata India $ 104 14.787
4 Dhaka Bangladesh $ 78 13.485
5 Karachi Pakistan $ 78 12.130

[edit] Asia, East

TokyoRank City Country GDP in $ID BN Population (MIL)
1 Tokyo Japan $ 1479 35.676
2 Osaka Japan $ 417 11.294
3 Hong Kong China $ 320 7.206
4 Seoul South Korea $ 291 9.796
5 Shanghai China $ 233 14.987

Well at the end of the day,
Indian members wasted their time on this thread..
Chinese members earned hell lot of $$$ :rofl::partay:

sorry we actually pay our citizens to move out instead of first bulldozing, then apologizing.
But do you ask them if they want to move??? Are they happy with the money that is being given to them.???

there is not much difference between between GDP of mumbai and Shanghai ,but i must admit that shanghai's skyline is much better

List of cities by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Asia, Central & South

MumbaiRank City Country GDP in $ID BN Population (MIL)
1 Mumbai India $ 208 18.978
2 Delhi India $ 167 15.926
3 Kolkata India $ 104 14.787
4 Dhaka Bangladesh $ 78 13.485
5 Karachi Pakistan $ 78 12.130

[edit] Asia, East

TokyoRank City Country GDP in $ID BN Population (MIL)
1 Tokyo Japan $ 1479 35.676
2 Osaka Japan $ 417 11.294
3 Hong Kong China $ 320 7.206
4 Seoul South Korea $ 291 9.796
5 Shanghai China $ 233 14.987

GDP/Capita in Shanghai: CNY 77,564
US$ 11,361 (1st)

Shanghai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately I can't find the GDP/Capita in Mumbai.

You know, 50 cent is a big money for 40% of your population. Maybe a post can save their children's life. :lol: What a pity country. Oh~~:eek:

HaHaHa, well said bro, but i doubt those .... ...millionare will ever understood the meaning of "save the children" in India, not existed in their dictionary.

Btw, you are going to India in August, make sure bring along yourself some change, you know thats the only way to get off those ..........
:azn:;)
PS, bro, please watch your step while you were there, i heard there are "hu... land mine" everywhere.

May i proudly present you on behalf of Indian's PM, Mr, Manmohan Singh,
"Mumbai", the "new Shanghai 2010", :cheers:

3310514442_cef4dac0fb.jpg

"In 5 years time, people will forget about Shanghai, Mumbai will be the talking point" India PM finally fulfill his "Dream" :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom