What's new

Mukesh Ambani will be the worlds richest man by 2014:Forbes

HI, sorry for my ignorance, but as far as I know 'Ambani' are not Vaish(Baniya), they are Sindhi.

Ambanis are Gujaratis and not Sindhis.

Dhirubhai was born on '28 December 1932' at Kukaswada near Chorwad, Junagadh district (now the state of Gujarat, India) to Hirachand Gordhandhas Ambani and Jamnaben in a Gujarati family of modest means. Hirachand Gordhandhas Ambani was a village school teacher with little income.

Ambani's success can be attributed to their skillful political maneuvering, rather than just good business sense. The latter will get you nowhere in India, and you will be relegated to a small time player.The Radia tapes are an attestation to that. Those interested in the Ambani story plus having a lot of free time can peruse-

Polyester Prince-The Real Story of Dhirubhai Ambani(Banned in India)

The non charitable nature is inherent with most Indian Hindu's of the brahmin caste(no fascism intended.. its a characteristic I noticed in many of my fathers friends)... and while they will spend lavishly at times on their outlook.. you will many of them will still be having the thali at lunch..
They are very accommodating to friends.. but seem to dislike charity since they feel its better to offer work than to give charity...that way they benefit as well.

I think this is the most ill informed and silly post.

The ambanies are not Brahmin,

And for that matter not even a single billionaire out of dozens of Indian billionaires is Brahmin.

And Brahmins are known for charity and selfless work.

The Indian billionaires are from every section of the society including muslims but majority of them are from Bania caste.

Brahmins are not known for business as they are not suppose to do it, Brahmins are known for Intelligence and art.

Some of the famous Brahmins are Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Sashtri, Anil Kumble, Sachin Tendulkar, Saurav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Ishant Sharma, Rohit Sharma, Rahul Dravid, Lata Mangeshkar, Vijay Malya, Sunjay Dutt etc.

Congratulations in advance. I wonder why Chinese people are not there in top 5, after all they are the fastest growing economy.

^ Because of the fact that they don't have business moguls like we do. In India it is possible to drive a Tata car, on a Tata built road to your Tata built house, have Tata tea and put Tata salt in your Tata flour etc.

Whereas the Chinese have multiple companies splitting up this chain, making their companies smaller but the market more diversified.

Well that's my theory.

Probably, but the distinction went down to the drinking glass as well... washed separately.. and kept separately.
Yes.. genetic trait.. as already mentioned this is a practice carried on throughout generations..(so is racism and caste).. and so while it is slowly abandoned by forthcoming generations.. the genetic "encoding" done for over a hundred years is difficult to kill.. as is.. for eg.. the good old sons are better than daughters mentality so prevalent in our region... and surprisingly this attitude is prevalent much more in the Aryan descendants than the others.
For eg.. on another occasion it was difficult for this otherwise well educated family to accept apples we had bought from the store.. since we had touched them.
Still there are other family friends of ours equally well off in the states who have left such archaic concepts behind.
Where wedding cards have RSVP's including dhingra's, Rajivs and maliks.

The genetic traits however, are still there in many people.. and it doesnt come down to just Hindu's.. it may be Muslims who have converted from these bloodlines.
The need to have distinctions is not just confined to religion.. it is a trait carried by a few races.. and has more to do with genetic imprinting than religion or family.

What would have simply begun a few thousand years ago as a practice to dominate other races via ritualistic separation.. became a part of the genetic encoding.

Hahah you should write a book on genetic traits on Indians.. the things are getting very rare now..I don't know from where you are getting such news but i have also news of Pakistan like that.. But i don't think so that makes any sense to write here...

I thought you filled application for adoption from Angelina Jolie.

She has already adopted a few and i thought u will be the next. :D
]

wouldn't mind being her son :D
can she be my mum if she is only 6 months older?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom