What's new

Moving my Kids to Pakistan to study in medicine and discipline

Can complete up to grade 5 in UK, then Grade 6 to MBBS/Hons in PK for adopting the Pakistani value/culture, and then FCPS or Masters or Phd in UK again.

Yea true and kids here are also more sensitive if we look at rate of suicide by teens because of bullying in school and yes drugs and affairs at very early age is very common here which is alarming for desi parent

even then, its not 100 percent wise decision to send kids back home.. in their formative years they will learn about UK and may be better integrate if they study here... unless the situation is really dire. One should decide after a lot of deliberation.
I dont like the small kids sent away from parents too.. not good for the kid

even then, its not 100 percent wise decision to send kids back home.. in their formative years they will learn about UK and may be better integrate if they study here... unless the situation is really dire. One should decide after a lot of deliberation.
I dont like the small kids sent away from parents too.. not good for the kid

well desi parent dont want their kids to get influence from wetsren culture when it come to pre-marial affairs at early age, drinking, or taking drugs, become independent etc

Thats why they send them back home to learn moral and social value of their culture and religion. I think from 10 years to 15/16 years is good age for them to study in Pakistan and come back here once they complete their college/high school in pak but well its up to parent to decide what they find best for their kids :)

don't do this man, let them complete their university here, why are you jeopardising their future by sending them back home, you know the education quality back home is quite low, why deprive your children from the opportunities that you get here,
bad decision

im talking about education up to high school, higher education is better in America no doubt about that.

chup bait yankee

j k :D

but honestly bro, Canadian education is higher in standards, I mean from U of T, McGill , Ryerson , George brown, York & Seneca, Sheridan, to Uni of Windsor Canada has like the top of the list

lolz .. was pulling his legs.. there are good institutions and there are bad... if you live in some ghetto areas, you will have to join nearby not-so-good school.. which is why school have an effect on property price (better school has high property price surrounding it as everybody wants to be there).
for higher study, it depend on you, your ability and your parent's pocket.

Having seen my son study in both India as well as the UK, I have to say I like the UK system better. They seem to take it much easier here but focus on building a strong base on which is much better in the long run.

He had joined a school for a few months in India after studying in the UK. He lagged behind in writing which was atrocious compared to his class mates. However when it came to reading, mathematics and even making coherent statements for writing in English, he was miles ahead of the kids in his class. He caught up with the other kids with his writing in no time. The big advantage he had over the other kids in his class was reading which allowed him to make big strides in other subjects.

This was in a pre-school and the schools in India for kids of that age seem to be designed to prepare the kids for interviews to get into good schools. I think it is way too much pressure on kids. He is back in the UK now and is thriving in the school system here.

Yea true and kids here are also more sensitive if we look at rate of suicide by teens because of bullying in school and yes drugs and affairs at very early age is very common here which is alarming for desi parent

I think this statement is highly dependent on the location you live in. Schools in deprived areas will tend to have more children of the trouble making variety. It would be like comparing apples and oranges if you attempt to compare a school in a deprived area in Britain with the best schools in Pakistan.

chup bait yankee

j k :D

but honestly bro, Canadian education is higher in standards, I mean from U of T, McGill , Ryerson , George brown, York & Seneca, Sheridan, to Uni of Windsor Canada has like the top of the list

the best higher education is in america, im aware of the fact that we don't have the best high schools and stuff but nobody can compete with our unis and colleges

I think this statement is highly dependent on the location you live in. Schools in deprived areas will tend to have more children of the trouble making variety. It would be like comparing apples and oranges if you attempt to compare a school in a deprived area in Britain with the best schools in Pakistan.

yeah.. thats what I was pointing in my posts... btw at what age did he move to india and what age came back?

yeah.. thats what I was pointing in my posts... btw at what age did he move to india and what age came back?

He was in India with his mother for about 3 months just before he turned 6.

I actually feel sorry for desi kids born and grow up in here as they get stuck between two different culture and ways of life. our Parent expect children to born and live/study in west but want them to grow up/behave like typical Pakistani kid. If some of these kids are confuse then they have valid reasons for it. Parent are here for better economical condition and living standard but they still want to maintain their cultural values. kids spend most of their times outside home and parent also busy in job so they can hardly give them enough time. I know many desi kids who got in bad company here and now their parent thinking to move in Pakistan. You always compromise one thing for other :)

I actually feel sorry for desi kids born and grow up in here as they get stuck between two different culture and ways of life. our Parent expect children to born and live/study in west but grow up like typical Pakistani kid. If some of them are confuse then they have valid reasons for it. Parent are here for better economical condition and living standard but they still want to maintain their cultural values and kids spend most of their times outside and parent also busy in job so they can hardly give them enough time. I know many desi kids who got in bad company here and now their parent thinking to move in Pakistan. You always compromise one thing for other :)

I think its problem with working class families.. middle classs parents can afford to give their kids a good start .. just like white middle class parents can

Hi Want people opinion on this, am born and raise in the UK and I have Two kids son is 4 and daughter is nearly 3 years of age, am planning to have my kids study in Pakistan very soon insha Allah, for what I know and I've been there the education system is very good there, if you got the money to pay for fees, also thinking to have them study in making way military medical school, am from Jhelum, Punjab Pakistan....

Not a bad idea overall but has to be managed well. Judging from your desire and my past experience with why people want their kids raised in Pakistan, my guess is that you want to save the kids from the negative effects of the environment of UK. However keep in mind that the environment in big cities in Pakistan like Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad is just as bad if not actually worse. So be sure to have them based in your ancestral town Jhelum which probably still has old time values.

Be sure that your family is with you during Summer when Schools are closed and then you must visit them twice a year. It is very important that your kids spend as much time with you as possible under such circumstances. Do not leave the burden of Parenting on other family members as no can parent your child as well as you can.

Talk to them on Skype every day while they are away from you and take interest in their daily activities. Let them tell you each day what they did at School and at home on a daily basis on Skype. This may not be as good as them being with you in person but it is somewhat of an alternative so that the children remain in contact with you and continue to feel your support on a daily basis.

All the best to you and your young family.

Have @jaibi give you some good pointers on your situation and the kids since he is our eminent and qualified resident Psychologist.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Husssamr

My brother spent 4 years at Cadet College Hassan Abdal. It along with MCJ and PAF public school Sargodha are the 3 best cadet colleges in Pakistan. The induction is strict merit based with a rejection rate of 95%+.

My advice to you would be to move to Islamabad, its more cosmopolitan & your kids will not suffer the cultural shock that severely. Get them inducted into the best school, you could find & have them take their exams in the UK. Work on their private tutions-make sure they have high scores so that they can get admitted into the top UK Universities.

I understand that you are trying to connect yourself and your kids back to your roots. Admirable as this effort is, especially in times when Pakistan isn't the safest place to live in, i would suggest you do your research with schools,housing etc. You can buy a decently built urban planned- architect designed home in Bahria Town under $80K - a decent Family vehicle for under $20K.

Best Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
He clearly said he doesn't want any advise from mushrikeens, stop tryna poke your nose where you are not wanted:lol:

Does that mean Naustik? I've never heard of mushrikeen before, lol.

Back
Top Bottom