What's new

More Indian troops on China border

Definitely this time. In the old times, we poked Indians when Pak was threatened.

This time around, you just sit there and watch and enjoy how we are going to screw them.

We are in dire need for the US to breathe courage into their souls. Who says you can't work WITH the plan your opponent has in store for you? :agree:

How ?
What brigades are you going to deploy ?
How will you bring the war into India?
What Tactics are you going to use?
Can you deploy armour?
How will you maintain law and Order in Tibet?
What is your answer to SFF?
How fast can you acclimatise?
Answer me O' WarProfessor

Definitely this time. In the old times, we poked Indians when Pak was threatened.

This time around, you just sit there and watch and enjoy how we are going to screw them.
We are in dire need for the US to breathe courage into their souls. Who says you can't work WITH the plan your opponent has in store for you? :agree:

Screw them? Lets not degrade the thread.

I didnt understand what do mean by ''Who says you can't work WITH the plan your opponent has in store for you?''...

India has a plan for China and China is playing along. Is that what you are saying? Pls clarify.

I didnt understand what do mean by ''Who says you can't work WITH the plan your opponent has in store for you?''...

India has a plan for China and China is playing along. Is that what you are saying? Pls clarify.

He claims himself as a true warprofessor and he rants serious ****
I posed the above question in three threads and he abstains from posting in the three threads .

In one thread he speaks about China colonizing India for 300 years another speaks about China nuking India.He doesn't know his countries nuclear doctrine yet he speaks about first strike

He claims he is a true Warprofessor and is neutral .Pls read some of his previous trash

I posed the above question in three threads and he abstains from posting in the three threads .

In one thread he speaks about China colonizing India for 300 years another speaks about China nuking India.He doesn't know his countries nuclear doctrine yet he speaks about first strike

He claims he is a true Warprofessor and is neutral .Pls read some of his previous trash

India is going to adopt the nuclear first strike policy.

India is going to adopt the nuclear first strike policy.

Calm down all of u, we all know nothing is going to happen, none of the sides is stupid enuf to go for a war & push their economic development down the drain, both sides can hurt each other seriously, no wants this mis adventure..

I didn't mean to degrade the thread, but theres actually no other word to replace that one and still be able to convey the exact meaning.

Well, the `Chinese' lives east of Xi'An, South of Great Wall have the tendency of not shooting the first bullet and thus delusionally believe they would have a higher moral ground in war.

I am not from that area. I don't have a problem to shoot the first bullet. :cheesy:

Calm down all of u, we all know nothing is going to happen, none of the sides is stupid enuf to go for a war & push their economic development down the drain, both sides can hurt each other seriously, no wants this mis adventure..

mam i agree with you but what matter is that there is new news now. They said it might be possiblity that chinese army may not be fully under control of goverment. As you know mam that goverment has brain while army works by heart and boiling blood. So they might try mischif and india will reponce and then war begans. Now mam that's not what am saying. This news i read. If u want then i post the link about that news mam.

mam i agree with you but what matter is that there is new news now. They said it might be possiblity that chinese army may not be fully under control of goverment. As you know mam that goverment has brain while army works by heart and boiling blood. So they might try mischif and india will reponce and then war begans. Now mam that's not what am saying. This news i read. If u want then i post the link about that news mam.

:rofl::rofl: I laughed for like 5 mins after reading this post Sir, & i didnt understood,sir a single word sir...

Hindi mae Likh lo beshak, mae translate kr dun ge. par aise Zuban likho jo muje ko samj aye, sir, phele class Kahan se parhe sir ap ne sir, matirc kia hoa ha ya ni. :lol:

my goodness ISRO sir ur sir ......... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: I laughed for like 5 mins after reading this post Sir, & i didnt understood,sir a single word sir...

Hindi mae Likh lo beshak, mae translate kr dun ge. par aise Zuban likho jo muje ko samj aye, sir, phele class Kahan se parhe sir ap ne sir, matirc kia hoa ha ya ni. :lol:

my goodness ISRO sir ur sir ......... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mam i dont understand what u said. i can't speak or understand urdu. Mam this is the link for what i said in my above post. Thank you. Infrastructure first, PLA later- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

Mam please do read the line in which it said PLA might be working against chinese goverments wish. Who knows it might be true mam.

What i feel Indo Sino war like dream come true for our some fellow neighbours.. I was thinking why China would attack India.. while he is feeding his pawn to work for him.. and his Pawn is doing really good work to keep busy India for so long.. So guys we need to be alert but not so worried...

India should not get worried of China so much.. we have our own trusted allies like US (Has helped India in 1962), Russia (1971) and Israel(1999) those can never see India falling against Communism.. Its a game of International Chess.. and you guys know that Indians and Russian are masters of this..

The state of Arunachal Pradesh on India’s northeastern frontier has been in the news recently for a variety of reasons. The state has really been the center of Sino-Indian contestations for the past few years over the question of territory. China claims over 90,000 sq kms of territory in India’s eastern sector. The Sino-Indian boundary dispute, simmering for decades, has proven to be a thorn in the larger Sino-Indian bilateral relationship, which has shown positive potential in recent times.

The 13th round of Special Representative’s dialogue was held in the month of August between National Security Advisor of India M K Narayanan and Chinese State Councillor Dai Bingguo, but failed to bring about any tangible progress. China has over the past year been asserting its claims over the 90,000 sq kms territory in Northeast India through various official and state-run media statements, this gained momentum after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh in early 2008. China had also tried to block an Asian Development Bank loan to India which involved development projects in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, and raised objection to building of mega hydel projects in the state.

The implications of the Chinese claim of over 90,000 sq kms of territory in Northeast India are varied. The official website of the Government of Arunachal Pradesh gives the total area of the state as being 83,743 sq kms, with a 1,080 kilometre boundary with China on the north and north-east of the state. The remaining over 6,000 odd sq kms are actually part of the state of Assam. This makes the Chinese claim much more subjective – an issue that has not been discussed much in India. The actual line which the Chinese are claiming and which constitutes over 90,000 sq kms is the River Brahmaputra, and thereby involves all areas north of the river in Assam, which includes the strategic army command in Tezpur and densely populated areas of Assam.

The Brahmaputra holds strategic significance for China with reports about its possible diversion plans in upstream Tibet gaining momentum. This links two of the most contentious and strategic issues in Sino-Indian relations in recent times, one being the issue of territoriality and the other regarding concerns of water-sharing and river diversion. Moreover, China would ideally want this river to serve as a strategic natural boundary. India should shrug off its strategic jitteriness over Chinese claims on Arunachal Pradesh, and confront China on its claims on the overall quantum of territory. This will ensure clearing the strategic ambiguity in Chinese claims over territory, and unshackle India from being cornered over its actions in Arunachal Pradesh.

India needs to come up with innovative solutions to the decades old boundary question, and this will require proactive policies. Some strategies would be to improve upon strategic presence and governance indicators in the state, improve connectivity and infrastructure within the state, and even consider breaking the unusually mammoth state in this region, into two-three separate states within the Indian Union, which can be western, central and eastern sectors of present day Arunachal Pradesh. As we have seen, in past few years Chinese claims have often wavered between Tawang and the entire 90,000 sq kms area. However, the strategic problems India may face in the near future may not be related to territorial questions at all, but over water diversion issues, which will affect Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and even involve Bangladesh, thereby marking a shift in issue area and bilateral scope.

The recent instances which came up hugely in the media, more in the local media in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh than in the national media, were about the Google maps episode where certain parts of Arunachal Pradesh were shown as being part of China and marked in Chinese and the incursions in Ladakh and in some parts of the eastern sector. The media in Assam has created a huge ‘imminent Chinese attack’ hysteria, with rising television rating points, something which we can do without in the present situation.

The military infrastructure and preparedness of India in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh needs much improvement and is moving at a very slow pace. The new military bases which are coming up at Misa in Assam near the Kaliabhoomoora Bridge across the Brahmaputra and the other near Barbaruah near Dibrugarh in Upper Assam are in their initial stages of construction, and will require some years to be fully functional. The deployment of Sukhoi fighters in Tezpur has been delayed as the runway has to be upgraded, and will again take some time. It is clear that India is lagging behind in strategic military preparedness in Northeast India, as compared to reports of impressive Chinese build-up across the border in Tibet. However, we should be prepared for any eventuality and in time, along with creative diplomacy to offset some of the old tangles we are in and push for lasting solutions and positive growth in bilateral relations.

Source - The 90,000 sq kms Sino-Indian tangle - Mirza Zulfiqur Rahman
Research Scholar, Jawaharlal Nehru University

Back
Top Bottom