What's new

Mirpur-Airport Flyover opened

:chilli:can't wait to inaugurate this flyover with a proper race. pulled a 170 kph in mohakhali flyover already:smokin:...personal best of 210 kph on airport road in chand rath :yahoo:

I pulled a 125 mph on the Autobahn from Frankfurt to Munich with a 2.0 Renault Wagon !!

You want to drive free ? Go on the Autobahn. On a clear sunny day with little traffic, you can go as fast as you want.

P. S

Speed limit on the Autobahn is variable depending on weather and traffic condition.

I pulled a 125 mph on the Autobahn from Frankfurt to Munich with a 2.0 Renault Wagon !!

You want to drive free ? Go on the Autobahn. On a clear sunny day with little traffic, you can go as fast as you want.

P. S

Speed limit on the Autobahn is variable depending on weather and traffic condition.

:smitten:drove on the autobahn too. There is something about street racing that gets me going, my license was suspended in Canada for 8 months for this crap:lol:...i still do it sometimes:azn:

A company named probably Ital-Thai (a Thai/Italy consortium) was supposed to construct the metropolitan expressway, about 21 km long. The flyovers and ramps are supposed to be connected to this expressway, so that the total length of overhead highway in Dhaka would become a little over 40 km. Can someone tell us what happened to the proposed expresway? The last news I saw was the inability of the govt to provide land for Right of Way (RoW), a 40 to 50m wide stretch of land, to the consortium.

Once this expressway and the metro railway construction is completed, together the two will greatly relieve the traffic congestion.

A company named probably Ital-Thai (a Thai/Italy consortium) was supposed to construct the metropolitan expressway, about 21 km long. The flyovers and ramps are supposed to be connected to this expressway, so that the total length of overhead highway in Dhaka would become a little over 40 km. Can someone tell us what happened to the proposed expresway? The last news I saw was the inability of the govt to provide land for Right of Way (RoW), a 40 to 50m wide stretch of land, to the consortium.

Once this expressway and the metro railway construction is completed, together the two will greatly relieve the traffic congestion.

Metro takes over a decade to build mate. That is a major problem. Its very slow to make - particularly if its underground.
So whenever BD starts building the Dhaka Metro, it would take 10 years for it to have like 150 kms network. And a city requires a minimum of that to reduce congestion holistically.

Give Army all the major construction projects and we can achieve our 2021 or 2050 goals very easily.
If army takes these responsibilities we can hope for a corruption less country.

Metro takes over a decade to build mate. That is a major problem. Its very slow to make - particularly if its underground.
So whenever BD starts building the Dhaka Metro, it would take 10 years for it to have like 150 kms network. And a city requires a minimum of that to reduce congestion holistically.

You are talking about a great Metro Railway that we see in cities like Tokyo. But, BD is a poor country and it will build only about a 21 km long two-line ground+ level train track initially that will be extended in phases to make a loop. Japan's JICA has already decided the route and the govt has approved it. There will be an international tender, hopefully, in a short time when all the design documents have been prepared and the quantity of materials determined.

So, as I said before, this rly train service together with the expressway with a total length of about 40 km will hopefully partially relieve the traffic congestion in Dhaka.

This is a really a great news for us but i think i did not reduce traffic jam because we need make our traffic system more flexible, more easy by constricting more road and flyover bridge.

Thanks
Farabi

This is a really a great news for us but i think i did not reduce traffic jam because we need make our traffic system more flexible, more easy by constricting more road and flyover bridge.

Thanks
Farabi
I think the only way to reduce traffic is by having more road tax implemented on the drivers and be like Singapore, introduce Certificate of Entitlement (COE) which is like giving more tax when you buy a car

Back
Top Bottom