What's new

Mirage 2000 to PAF? UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impossible cause the production line is active and the first delivery is june 2010.

Highly? Please do expain how you gonna defend between 2009 and 2016 (You will start getting them in 2014/15 and it will take a few years to get the numbers and trained crew)... Why do other nations buy stop gap fighterjets and you conclude that it is HIGHLY WASTAGE? Someone with these heavy words should know a lot more them humble me... And near future is 5 years? You will be a dead nation if you are 6 months behind the opponent...

Or do you think you medium tech JF17 can handle everything, even if the numbers are just 6-8 at the moment? Well, then we should not look at 60 planes that can delivered direct and our pilots know pretty well how do handle them....

I must be a idiot and certainly a dumb person if I post topics like this... I feel I should delete the whole topic to honour your decent and intellectual reply. Thank your sir.

First Mind your language. 2ndly Mr. Zardari or for that matter every man who comes at the higher seat doesn't look to improve Pakistan or it's offices in every aspects they ususally look to build their own personal infrastructur and assets so that's why it is not possible in my opinion in near future.

If by the grace of GOD ALLAH if someone humble nice person comes in the higher seat then it might be possible that's all i waanaa say.

once again mind your language.:angry:

back to the topic please.

developments....

Kuwait says Rafale worth "serious consideration"

KUWAIT, June 2 (Reuters) - Kuwait's defence minister said on Tuesday that buying Rafale fighter aircraft was worth "serious consideration", the official Kuwait News Agency reported.

"On a Rafale French military aircraft deal, Sheikh Jaber al-Hamad al-Sabah said the issue will be looked at, noting that the French aircraft's high quality and advanced technology demands serious consideration with regard to buying them," the agency said.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said in February that Paris and Kuwait were in talks on a possible sale of warships and 14-28 Rafale fighter aircraft. Dassault Aviation (AVMD.PA) has yet to find a foreign buyer for its Rafale aircraft.

>>>Sheikh Jaber, also deputy prime minister, said Kuwait's ruler discussed buying a nuclear reactor from France with Sarkozy during his visit to Kuwait in February. He gave no further details.

>>>Following a meeting with Sarkozy in Paris in March, Sheikh Jaber said that both countries will cooperate over nuclear energy for civilian use and hinted that Kuwait could take a stake in French nuclear group Areva

How does that fit with Pak-France nuclear deal?

back to the topic please.

developments....

Kuwait says Rafale worth "serious consideration"

KUWAIT, June 2 (Reuters) - Kuwait's defence minister said on Tuesday that buying Rafale fighter aircraft was worth "serious consideration", the official Kuwait News Agency reported.

"On a Rafale French military aircraft deal, Sheikh Jaber al-Hamad al-Sabah said the issue will be looked at, noting that the French aircraft's high quality and advanced technology demands serious consideration with regard to buying them," the agency said.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said in February that Paris and Kuwait were in talks on a possible sale of warships and 14-28 Rafale fighter aircraft. Dassault Aviation (AVMD.PA) has yet to find a foreign buyer for its Rafale aircraft.

>>>Sheikh Jaber, also deputy prime minister, said Kuwait's ruler discussed buying a nuclear reactor from France with Sarkozy during his visit to Kuwait in February. He gave no further details.

>>>Following a meeting with Sarkozy in Paris in March, Sheikh Jaber said that both countries will cooperate over nuclear energy for civilian use and hinted that Kuwait could take a stake in French nuclear group Areva

How does that fit with Pak-France nuclear deal?

Munir
It is an excitiing prospect to have thought that if UAE, Kuwait and pakistan did a joint deal with PAF agreeing to lookafter the rafale for them in return for some significant offsets in the price plus a contribution from the 2 towards 2 squadron of rafale. France could then build the infrastructure in Pakistan, and provide us limited access into various technologies(based on our capabilities) and we in turn would service the planes for our 2 brotherly countries__ heck we could even fly it for them!!!. It would be a win win situartion for all the parties concerned.
However, it is so logical that the ARABS would never think of it. they would want to make individual deals that the french would be happy to give them kickbacks for, then fleece them for every Euro on services and upkeep. Their limited and greedy mentality cannot think beyond the concept of lining their own pockets. On that basis I think a joint deal is unlikely.
WaSalam
Araz

Last edited:
Why by garbage from UAE , just built JF17 thunder, and get 20 Euro fighters - instead.

Imagine
20 Euro Fighters
36 J10

In arsenel wonderful consept ...

Pakistan should give all of its old fighters to syria as gifts to promote freedom:china::pakistan::pop:

Why by garbage from UAE , just built JF17 thunder, and get 20 Euro fighters - instead.

Imagine
20 Euro Fighters
36 J10

In arsenel wonderful consept ...

Pakistan should give all of its old fighters to syria as gifts to promote freedom:china::pakistan::pop:

HUH:what::cheesy::confused::eek:.What garbage. Here you have at least four ex Airmen,including one Air commodore(retd) who think that these planes are very relevant to PAF and if the price is right PAF should buy them, and you think they are garbage!!!! Care to explain rather than shooting off with one liners.
My friend, you need to be realistic in what PAF can achieve within the meagre Pakistani defence budget. EF Typhoons are fantastic planes, but they are too expensive to maintain for PAF.
JF17, FC20, and possibly J11 with M2Ks will give us envious capability in numbers in relatively short time , so that PAF can neutralize any possible sanctions from the US. This would be a far bewtter option than trying to go for Typhoon with the same risk of sanctions.
WaSalam
Araz

Hi,

It would have been nice if someone could have acknowledged the efforts of one of our members aka 'MASTANKHAN' on this board arguing about the benefits of m2k's---singlehandedly and vehemently against all arguments and rhetoric from many a members on this board---MASTANKHAN---good job buddy---.

It has gotten that bad now that the person who was the most vociferous about the m2k on this board is not being acknowledged and the people who have not written a single detailed article on this board about the m2k---except for oneliners and 2 liners are being given the ownership of the greatness of m2k's---:flame::flame::flame:

Hi,

It would have been nice if someone could have acknowledged the efforts of one of our members aka 'MASTANKHAN' on this board arguing about the benefits of m2k's---singlehandedly and vehemently against all arguments and rhetoric from many a members on this board---MASTANKHAN---good job buddy---.

It has gotten that bad now that the person who was the most vociferous about the m2k on this board is not being acknowledged and the people who have not written a single detailed article on this board about the m2k---except for oneliners and 2 liners are being given the ownership of the greatness of m2k's---:flame::flame::flame:
sir , i agree with 99.99 percent of your posts.... from the politics in paf to bad decisions.... we should acknowledge our shortcomings before critisizing other countries...rather than patroning our forces all the times, people with foresight should criticise them aswell with the wish to make them ultimately stronger
.. sir you are never sarcastic... always critical..

Hi,

LoL MK,

You take this issue to heart! :P :tup: for your efforts even though I stand by my guns that had it been possible, M2K would have been flying in PAF colours a while ago, however there were many issues with the purchase and induction and these were not entirely of the making of the PAF Air Staff.

I think with everything, hindsight is perfect. While we are bashing PAF for not inducting M2Ks, in the future we may be cursing ourselves for going down another path. The bottom line is that very many things have to come together for something so complex as a combat aircraft purchase. You need political clearance, have to have the right kind of funding in place. At least on these two counts, the GoP has failed the PAF miserably when it came to M2K induction.

My suggestion to all would be to lock-down this thread until something concrete comes up with regards to M2Ks being considered for the PAF. Currently, there are NO plans to induct any Mirage 2000s in to the PAF. In light of this, we have to come to terms with and look forward to Blk-52, JF-17 and FC-20 induction along with Erieyes and IFR tankers. These are the platforms on the PAF list to induct. M2K is missing and will remain off this list until something concrete comes up for PAF to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom