What's new

Mirage 2000 to PAF? UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we buy 50 Mirages then it will cost $3bn including upgrades, infrastructure, base etc!
Its much better to invest $3bn on Jf-17 to make it much better then Mirage!
Hasnain2009.
Brother, you are quoting a price of 60 million per plane, if I am not mistaken. On what basis do you calculate this price? Please understand that the french are desperate to sell these planes and there are no buyers for them and believe me they have tried!!
Secondly, UAE may on the surface be India friendly, but Sheikh Kahlifa is a great friend of Pakistan. i know this from some sources close to the ruler himself. They would not under any circumstances, appease India at the cost of Pakistan.
At least this is what i think.
WaSalam
Araz

UAE is not stupid. They are not going to sell a Advanced Mirage 2000-9 FOR $12m each.

They will want minimum $30m a peice. I think there will be plenty of buyers from current Mirage 2000 users with more cash than PAF...

Taiwan & Brazil come to mind.

India was interested in uae Mirages 2 years ago but not now.

India.s money will go to USA F18S/H or the Typhoon.

Wt this person wants here in this forum :hitwall:
He always wants to fight.

I hope u know Pakistan bought 30 Mirage3/5 from Australia in 1990. All were sold with spare parts around 200Million $
(Some one can correct meexact deal price but that was approx 200million $)

In 2004 PAF bought 50 Mirage IIIs and Vs from Libya.

PAF acquisitions

Dassualt stopped producing Mirage and at the moment , Pakistani is operating around 300 Mirage fighters more then any country in the world, besides that PAF knows much about all the Mirage series.
PAC performed ROSE upgrade programs on these birds.

One thing more Last price of mirage 2K was around 23 Million$.
So used cant be more then 12Million$

wikipedia Dassault Mirage 2000
Wikipedia is not very trustable but enough for children.

I think, u cant digest that PAF can get UAE Mirage. Thats y u dont give references wt u quote. Okay u drink milk and sleep now. PAF is already very strong to counter its enemy.

You should Kiss the B/52 Good bye Pakistan is not getting them. The only way we will get them is if Uncle Sam needs us badly for something.
Which they don't If we talk about Air dominance we need to get something big right now to counter not in 2015 or 2018.

Sir u cant be wrong as ur professional and know much abt then me, but i guess Pakistan has very close relations with France these days.
Look Zardari vist, then few of Pakistani and french delagations met with each other from last few months.

I also heard that Pakistan is getting assistance from France for JF-17.
And I heard that PAF might also request for french engines for JF-17

If we buy 50 Mirages then it will cost $3bn including upgrades, infrastructure, base etc!
Its much better to invest $3bn on Jf-17 to make it much better then Mirage!

Hasnain bhaiya, If UAE agrees to sell Mirage 2K to Pakistan or any other country then the price would be something around 12 to 15 Million$. coz they r used not brand new.

Mirage 2000 last selling price was around 24 million$.

and 1 more thing if UAE agrees to sell it Pakistan in 12million$ per piece.

12 * 50 = 600million$
with spare parts it could be 700million$

(1000 million$ = 1 billion$)

Remember used and old generation fighters are not that expensive.

Pakistan bought 30 mirage from Australia in 1990/4 around 200 million $

Lets suppose if they for billions then may be no one will buy them coz there are more batter options in that price, even JF-17

Last edited:
Hi,

I believe that the PAF is not only interested in the plane by itself, but all the extras that come with it---I mean to say---if the plane is available---then we will be buying all the spare parts, extra engines, support and maintenance equipment, defencive and offensive weaponery that is a part and package of this plane---from every nut and bolt and washer to what not---.

Seemingly----india has moved ahead in a different direction---I don't think they are any bit interested in this plane.

Now----where is Benazir when we needed her the most---she was one person who could have gotten us those m2k5/9 regardless the of the opposition---.

It is not about having problems with mirage 2000 but the arabs want to be in the front seat when it comes to latest weapons. They see that Israel is going for latest. They see Iran getting better equipment in the near future. Even Pakistan is improving at a better pace then they do. And if SU30 keeps selling well in Africa and Asia then the arabs are there with not the best option.

Please add the sales skills of defence companies as well ... there are kick backs for some princes and some 'perks' too. They listen to there Western friends a lot.

Back to these m-2000's again eh ok lets do this have a vote here a simple yes or no yes for we should try to get them no for no we dont need them or cant get them! i dotn see us getting them..

If free or close to free then yes!

If free or close to free then yes!

UAE should be generous and donate it to Pakistan :victory:
Their RR Phantoms; Bentleys; Ferraris; Hummers standing in the garage cost most than these :lol:

i add some new thing here .UAE facing wrost ever crisis in economy these days just 3 months they cut more then 4 lakh jobs .i don't see any thing free from them these days because there tourism and real sate business facing milt down

ok as far as this thread goes the estimate of price fall at around 12 - 15 million per peice!
now at this price wont it be feasible to get our own JF17 and some upgrades in radar and avionics! one side of the picture says yes but the othewr says no!!
"yes" because with upgrades JF17 will turn out to be better than the mirages, even now it seem to be better then them!
"no" because mirage from UAE will quickly fill in some of the neumeric gap while investing on JF17 wil yeild product after some 5 years or so!!

as far as my opinion is concerned, the first choice is better! we can keep flying our mirage III,V ROSE , the F7 PG and all that for another 5 years and then secure our future for atleast 20 -25 years with a better JF17

regards

ok as far as this thread goes the estimate of price fall at around 12 - 15 million per peice!
now at this price wont it be feasible to get our own JF17 and some upgrades in radar and avionics! one side of the picture says yes but the othewr says no!!
"yes" because with upgrades JF17 will turn out to be better than the mirages, even now it seem to be better then them!
"no" because mirage from UAE will quickly fill in some of the neumeric gap while investing on JF17 wil yeild product after some 5 years or so!!

as far as my opinion is concerned, the first choice is better! we can keep flying our mirage III,V ROSE , the F7 PG and all that for another 5 years and then secure our future for atleast 20 -25 years with a better JF17

regards

Hi,

A toyota corolla will stay as such---regardless how many upgrades it gets---it will never be able to replace the toyota camry.

Secure the future with JF 17 !!! That is very funny:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hi,

A toyota corolla will stay as such---regardless how many upgrades it gets---it will never be able to replace the toyota camry.

Secure the future with JF 17 !!! That is very funny:bounce::bounce::bounce:

My friend
You are committing a grave error downplaying the role of JF17 in outr future defence. the most important factor is it is ours, and we can do what ever we want with it. You remember the Gripen. Believe me five yrs and people will talk of Thunder in the same breath. This is my faith in JF17.
WaSalam
ARAZ

My friend
You are committing a grave error downplaying the role of JF17 in outr future defence. the most important factor is it is ours, and we can do what ever we want with it. You remember the Gripen. Believe me five yrs and people will talk of Thunder in the same breath. This is my faith in JF17.
WaSalam
ARAZ

Araz,

The indian / IAF train is not standing still on a station somewhere in the wilderness---it is runnuing full speed at maximum throttle---in the 5 years time period---IAF will be way ahead of where it is today---.

I understand the gripen very well----and having a background in automotive engr ---I very well understand the capabilities of SAAB---the design---the quality---the engineering behind the design and function---where saab is today----it will take china another 10 to 15 years or maybe a lot longer to get to---in the automotive industry---more than half the manufacturers are still 20 years behind saab automobile safety, engineering, comfort and ride.

I am not down playing the role of JF 17----it is what it is---we cannot do anything with this plane that we want to---we are limited and restrained by our capabilities and resources---regardless of what the talk of the town is---I cannot bet my last dollar on a brand new platform unless there is a complimentary strike / combat aircraft to strengthen my right arm.

My comments were in context to the m2k 5/9's----proven sturdy capable reliable that is what you want when you want to fight the enemy.

On the day of judgment---that is the day of war---nobody will ask the question---if it was ours or was it french---that is the terrible thing about wars---they will look for results---better results are always guaranteed with proven and trutworthy systems that have a track record---that is the basic and fundamental rule of engineering technology.

Ever see the movie " THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS " when Val Kilmer goes after the lions and the gun misfires ( the gun that the doctor gave to him) ----and Michael Douglas states---' you went after the lion with a gun that is not proven " something to that effect---I need to watch the movie to give you the exact quote---.

It is ok strut around our own product---foer show----but to deliver the fatal punch---we must have something substantial to do the job.

You know Mastan, this is what i have said many times on this forum as well. Many people chose to ignore it though. Everyone says in five years JF-17 will be equipped with this/that and will be equal to the the MKI, F-16 blk 50, and whatnot. The J-10 will be this and that.

I always do wonder why does everyone presume that in five years, the MKI will be of the same spec as it is today, or the F-16 or something else for that matter. People start comparing the Jf-17/J-10 specs of tomorrow with the inservice specs of Su-30, F-16 blk 52, etc, etc.

Heck i'd even venture to say, youd be shocked to hear of the MLU being planned for the Jaguars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom