What's new

Militants shoot down US drone in S. Waziristan: officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
application of military force is a bad thing generally and also slightly addictive.

the afghans however cannot be left to their own devices to form a government free from foreign interference. that is just silly.

radical reaction is the most dynamic and most important political current in the muslim world. afghanistan is the blank canvas.

S-2, you are the perfect example of what you get when you are consantly and consistently fed one side of the story. Victory for the American propaganda machine, I guess. There are others like you here, no doubt, but you are definitely the loudest and, unfortunately, most articulate.

"Everyone is evil except us. We are the people God chose as the policemen on this Earth because noone else wants genuine Good for all people (by which we mean, good, Christian, American citizens)." There is a publication known as "The Philadelphia Trumpet" that I pick up regularly on campus for a few good laughs. If you are ever looking for a job, S-2, just contact the editor. They love the US as well. Only place where thought is not a pre-requisite for expression.

Sticking to the topic. How would Taliban go about bringing down a sophisticated UAV? It is highly unlikely unless the UAV was flying very low. Remember, they weren't able to bring down the Russian choppers until American RPGs came through (back when they weren't known as "terrorists" but "Mujahideen" in the Western media, yet now it is our fault, somehow, that they exist).

Sticking to the topic. How would Taliban go about bringing down a sophisticated UAV? It is highly unlikely unless the UAV was flying very low. Remember, they weren't able to bring down the Russian choppers until American RPGs came through (back when they weren't known as "terrorists" but "Mujahideen" in the Western media, yet now it is our fault, somehow, that they exist).

they didnt bring the russian chopers down by simply using american rpgs it was the american stinger missiles which were given to mujahideen and i myself was present in ParaChinar at that time where the mujahideen use to load their mules with american stinger missiles and smuggle them across the border into afghanistan where they proved to be lethal against the russian chopers.
Thanks but no thanks russians fled afghanistan with some of their forces left alive

"Everyone is evil except us. We are the people God chose as the policemen on this Earth because noone else wants genuine Good for all people (by which we mean, good, Christian, American citizens)."

I could never imagine such an utterance nor do I secretly harbor such thoughts. Nor do most Americans.

What's with the "Christian" reference? Are you attempting some sort of religious polarization here? Tacky. Are you going to accuse me of making war on Islam and all muslims? I hope not.

Unfortunately for you, I don't see my views as differing greatly from the American government. Pretty much simpatico.

I could never imagine such an utterance nor do I secretly harbor such thoughts. Nor do most Americans.

What's with the "Christian" reference? Are you attempting some sort of religious polarization here? Tacky. Are you going to accuse me of making war on Islam and all muslims? I hope not.

No, the last thing I want is a religious divide, either on this forum or in the world.

When you say "most Americans", you are ignoring the predominant population of states like Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, etc. who take their Christianity very seriously. There are entire religious organizations in the US dedicated to stopping the "Islamization" of the US (and Europe), i.e., war on Islamic immigration. I have even read/heard people blame the entire economic and international relations meltdown the US has been facing in the past few years on "wavering from the Christian path". If you read alternative news publications, you know exactly what I mean. Finally, a prime example of the influence of Christianity in the US is that it is impossible for a person to be elected president in the US without convincing the many hard-core Christians that they are 100% dedicated to the Christian way (Obama's campaign managers had him go to televised service at a church every single day to convince people he was a good, practicing Christian). That being said, most practicing Christians I have had contact with are very tolerant and helpful people. Sometimes, I even feel that they would make better Muslims me.

As for the rest of my statement, there are many in the US that do believe that the Americans are the policemen of the world. The fact that Bush was re-elected is one example. There are a million others.

Lastly, I do not have much against the present governments policy. Obama today said that there must be negotiations with Taleban and other organizations considered to be "terrorists" thus far, so you definitely have a smart man in control, for a change (at least, I hope he is smart, we'll find out in the coming years).

Unfortunately for you, I don't see my views as differing greatly from the American government. Pretty much simpatico.

I did not accuse you of being pro or anti-government. My point was that you are an unknowing but willing victim of constant biased media attacks. It is like the kid raised by wolves. He could never behave like a human because he had completely lost the ability to do so.

Edit 200th Post!

Last edited:
Not only Americans learnt a great deal about Sciences from the abducted German Scientists after the end of the WWII, they also learnt a great deal about telling the lies (propaganda) from Nazi Goebbels. But we must admit that the Americans took the use of 'Big Lie' to an entirely new level.

Following is what Goebbels wrote in an article entitled "Aus Churchills Lügenfabrik", translated "From Churchill's Lie Factory". It was published in Die Zeit ohne Beispiel in 12 January 1941.

"That is of course rather painful for those involved. One should not as a rule reveal one's secrets, since one does not know if and when one may need them again. The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."

The phrase was also used in a report prepared during the war by the United States Office of Strategic Services in describing Hitler's psychological profile. Interestingly, the following phrase can exactly be used to describe the psychological profile of Bush and Cheney and our beloved S-2.

"His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

How interesting it is that Americans who fought against the Nazi Germans are behaving exactly how Nazi Germans used to behave. However, it may be interesting but not unpredictable. The 'big lie' or the 'Psychological profile of Hitler' kinds of things are the hallmark of the aggressors and the oppressors.

you know this is really funny. it is a truly bizarre discussion.

american foreign policy is not bad in the way you think it is. it is bad in a different way.

the problem isnt that the us says something and has a secret agenda.

the problem is the professed aim of us policy i.e. nation building simply makes no sense when applied to the real world.

resolving the afghanistan mess requires the cooperation of pakistan.

but unfortunately pakistan doesnt have the political maturity or the ability to define its own interests in order to cooperate.

the problem is that you have an incoherent political system an incoherent political culture. you cant have the benefits of being a us ally and the glory of being us enemy simultaneously.

the day will come that the pakistan gov will protest and do nothing when us launches missle attacks into lahore and islamabad on a regular basis. this threat of mass casualty terrorism orginating from pakistan will ultimately lead us to do things that are very inhumane. what would the reaction be to a mumbai style attack in baltimore? why allow pakistan to continue to exist in its current form after that?
im not making a crude threat. we live in a dirty world where blameless people are mowed down in collateral damage. no one is invulnerable but smart people will try and get out of the way.

"My point was that you are an unknowing but willing victim of constant biased media attacks. It is like the kid raised by wolves. He could never behave like a human because he had completely lost the ability to do so."

I couldn't be "unknowing" and "willing" at the same time.

How would you know anyway? Because I disagree with you?

Then again, you exposed your personal predilection to gross generalizations with that lovely diatribe on cultural christian mores of America's deep south. You couldn't have more lacked any subtle understanding of our south.

Quaint. Very quaint.

There are those here who's intellect I trust. They've expressed perspectives that I've found to be new and well-conceived.

You're not one of them.

Thanks, PAFace.:)

OH COME ON S2 ITS A WET DREAM YOUR HAVIN THAT WE WONT EXIST AFTER FIVE YEARS .

S2 keeps on saying the same thing. He doesn't know what Pakistan had to go through in 1947. What's happening today is nothing compared to what Pakistan had to go through in 1947 which left over a million people dead. If Pakistan got over that, Pakistan can get over this...besides no country was there to help Pakistan in 1947 our ancestors had to build their nation with their own two bare hands.

Today Pakistan has advanced technology and Pakistan has many friends but Pakistan will be better off with some "friends" like Bush-Obama-S2 who are ill-wishers of Pakistan.

"S2 who are ill-wishers of Pakistan."

No, Omar. I'd very much like to see your nation survive and succeed as a democratic nation. I've no desire to see ill of Pakistan at all and too much of what I've read deeply pains me.

the day will come that the pakistan gov will protest and do nothing when us launches missle attacks into lahore and islamabad on a regular basis. this threat of mass casualty terrorism orginating from pakistan will ultimately lead us to do things that are very inhumane. what would the reaction be to a mumbai style attack in baltimore? why allow pakistan to continue to exist in its current form after that?
im not making a crude threat. we live in a dirty world where blameless people are mowed down in collateral damage. no one is invulnerable but smart people will try and get out of the way.
Yes that day will indeed come, sooner or later, US will show her true colors. And that day my dear, things will spin out of control. Only in your dreams would Pakistanis protests and do nothing. Pakistan has very little if any to lose as compared to US. US administration is already regretting for what they did in Iraq and Afghanistan and extending it further will only hasten the ongoing process of the demise of the US Empire. It is not a big deal for us if a couple of Muslim countries are wiped off from the face of the earth, this wont wipe off Islam. Unlike the Westerners, our first priority is our religion, than comes the country.

"S2 who are ill-wishers of Pakistan."

No, Omar. I'd very much like to see your nation survive and succeed as a democratic nation. I've no desire to see ill of Pakistan at all and too much of what I've read deeply pains me.

How do you think Pakistanis feel when you say that Pakistan has this and this much time left?

Read our history, Pakistanis have suffered a lot throughout history.

Some people in the US dont even know they are in a war...while you party in some club on saturday night a Pakistani family has trouble sleeping because they are worried another drone attack will demolish their homes and kill their children.

Then again, you exposed your personal predilection to gross generalizations with that lovely diatribe on cultural christian mores of America's deep south. You couldn't have more lacked any subtle understanding of our south.

Wow. You will always deny anything that puts gool ol' US of A in the wrong (proving Qsaark's post of Nazi inheritance correct), yet you claim you do not believe in my earlier statement (lie and deny, I thank you on behalf of Qsaark). I was hoping you'd recognize the garbage of your own household, but then again, this is not the first time an American has expressed himself to lack any capability of rational thought against the propaganda he is fed every single day.

"Everything is fine and dandy in the US. No descrimination here. The problems of the world all lie outside the US, the greatest nation on Earth."

There are those here who's intellect I trust. They've expressed perspectives that I've found to be new and well-conceived.

I will take that as a compliment, in the spirit of "To be called a fool by a fool". You like the arguments that present you with ammunition with which to mount a counter-attack, so you call them "new and well conceived". You dislike those that point out your flaws and those of your nation. Therefore, I don't mind. My objective was never to win an argument against you.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Some people in the US dont even know they are in a war...while you party in some club on saturday night a Pakistani family has trouble sleeping because they are worried another drone attack will demolish their homes and kill their children.

Omar, do not try to appeal to the human side of this man. Just read his posts. His reply will be "they deserve it for supporting the Taleban". According to people like him, the only humans worth living live in the West. Everyone else is dirt. The poor child of propaganda. You should be the one feeling sorry for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom