What's new

Mig 29 bought for BAF?

China has not sold any of its J-10 yet. We don't know yet whether they will sell it to BD or not until we see them ready to be exported. As far as I know Lockheed approached BD to sell their F-16.

They did, and was evaluated by BAF:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...sh-china-ordered-16-f-7bgi-light-fighter.html

Can't say anything about the J-10. Way too much secrecy behind that plane.

Do you think the US would sell F-16s to BD if a rightwing islamic party came into power? You don't have the same geo-strategic importance as Pakistan to make it worth it.

The US already sells F-15s and Apaches to Saudi Arabia. Europe sold Tornados and Eurofighters.

And besides, the likes of Jamaat aren't particularly popular in Bangladesh.

The MiG-29 is a beautiful plane and is the last of the aerodynamically stable fighter planes to be produced. But that camel hump on the SMT is definitely ugly.:sick:

That hump gives it increased strike range without sacrificing required hardpoints for fuel tanks and it does that without increasing RCS.

In short you can say 'The hump helps in humping enemy deep and better.'

Yeah it looks a bit odd from that angle, specially after that additional fuel tank on its spine. Its a beaut otherwise.

The MiG-29 is a beautiful plane and is the last of the aerodynamically stable fighter planes to be produced. But that camel hump on the SMT is definitely ugly.:sick:

Flankers look the best :P

su-27-34p04.jpg

Although, it is huge...

That hump gives it increased strike range. In short you can say 'The hump helps in humping enemy deep and better.'

You sick little man :angry:

They did, and was evaluated by BAF:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...sh-china-ordered-16-f-7bgi-light-fighter.html

Can't say anything about the J-10. Way too much secrecy behind that plane.

The US already sells F-15s and Apaches to Saudi Arabia. Europe sold Tornados and Eurofighters.

Yeah, but BD isn't an oil producing Arab country nor is it a geo-strategically important country. I would be very surprised if the US ever sold fighter jets to you. Anyway, that's probably a blessing as the US can be fickle about supplying parts and maintenance depending on the political situation. Do you have any US made equipment in your army besides a few utility choppers?

Yeah it looks a bit odd from that angle, specially after that additional fuel tank on its spine. Its a beaut otherwise.

1998960.jpg

2113504.jpg

1264284.jpg

It is not just the looks Roybot. I mean yes it is in fact very ugly and quite repulsive especially when you see it in person but I am not a shallow person. Its performance is even more ugly then she is. With an Equally ugly track record to validate the over all ugliness.

That hump gives it increased strike range without sacrificing required hardpoints for fuel tanks and it does that without increasing RCS.

In short you can say 'The hump helps in humping enemy deep and better.'

Oh, I know what the hump is for. It's just ugly.

Flankers look the best :P

su-27-34p04.jpg

Although, it is huge...

The Su-27 family is a master peice. And if I ever become the supreme ruler of a tiny island someday (cross your fingers) and I can make an Air Force I would put a Su-27 series jet as the backbone.

It is not just the looks Roybot. I mean yes it is in fact very ugly and quite repulsive especially when you see it in person but I am not a shallow person. Its performance is even more ugly then she is. With an Equally ugly track record to validate the over all ugliness.

Forget about performance and combat history; how can you say that's an ugly looking plane? Now the F-16 with its bubble canopy and big gaping hole of an intake...

Yeah, but BD isn't an oil producing Arab country nor is it a geo-strategically important country. I would be very surprised if the US ever sold fighter jets to you. Anyway, that's probably a blessing as the US can be fickle about supplying parts and maintenance depending on the political situation. Do you have any US made equipment in your army besides a few utility choppers?

They rejected our request for F-16s, which was a long time ago:
http://www.f-16.net/news_article188.html

But now, things are different.

And yes, we now do operate a number of US equipment. Mostly non-offensive. Example is the C-130. We currently operate four, with another four more on order.
Air Force to buy 4 US aircraft

The first four were given as a 'gift' for our participation in Desert Storm.

Much of what the US provide are to ensure that we can perform our UN peacekeeping activities to the full potential. We are the largest contributor of troops for the UN after all. And of-course, they do help in disaster recovery missions.

Couldn't say about how significant Bangladesh is to the US. There were even some wild claims in the Indian media that the US plans to set up a naval base in Chittagong. I am also a little confused as to why the US places so much emphasis on Muhammad Yunus, and their sheer anger about his removal from Grameen Bank. US intentions are always hard to tell.

Forget about performance and combat history; how can you say that's an ugly looking plane? Now the F-16 with its bubble canopy and big gaping hole of an intake...

The F-16 doesn't look nice who said it does?? To me it looks like a "Jet" .

The F-16 is like this car:
a4016f4c6687ce3d4453ac91aeb5beae.jpg

This car looks like a car... Similar to the F-16 it looks like a Jet but that's it.

However the Mikoyan Frankenstein there is **** ugly.

The Su-27 family is a master peice. And if I ever become the supreme ruler of a tiny island someday (cross your fingers) and I can make an Air Force I would put a Su-27 series jet as the backbone.

Why Flankers? Go for Raptors :P

Frontal view of an F-16 looks like a catfish :rofl:

Why Flankers? Go for Raptors :P

Frontal view of an F-16 looks like a catfish :rofl:

Nah too much politics will be involved with the US. But go to Rosonexport and mail order a 12 Su-27 squadron and it should be delivered by Fedex within the next 24 hours :lol:

I find most european planes are ugly as hell.

Russians are beauty. Americans come next.

I personally like --- KAI FA-50 & Saab Jas-39 Gripen NG ...

KAI FA-50
------------

The FA-50 is the most advanced variant of the T-50. It will have the Link 16 tactical data link, as well as an Elta Systems EL/M-2032 pulse doppler radar.

Northrop Grumman and Raytheon have said the FA-50 is a candidate for their respective active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars developed for the Lockheed Martin F-16. If the FA-50 does get an AESA radar, it is likely to be the same one chosen for the eventual F-16 radar upgrade for the US Air Force and Republic of Korea Air Force.

getasset.aspx

kai-fa-50.jpg

20110718112556.jpg

T-50goldeneagle4.JPG

The FA-50 also has a radar warning receiver and a night vision imaging system. It is capable of carrying 4,500kg (9,920lb) of weapons, including the Boeing Joint Direct Attack Munition and Textron CBU-97 Sensor Fused Weapon. Like the TA-50, it also has a 20mm cannon and can carry air-to-air missiles.

Saab Jas-39 Gripen NG
-------------------------

Gripen NG program is a higher thrust engine. Saab has been testing a 22,000-lbst GE F414G in place of the RM12. The higher thrust gives the Gripen supercruise capability and a higher weapon payload and fuel capacity, thereby increasing range. The other elements to the NG program are an upgraded AESA radar and avionics.

gripen_stores.jpg

gripen_ng_airbrake.jpg

ng_demo_20080423.jpg

2261.jpg

Gripen NG's maximum take off weight has increased from 14,000 to 16,000 kg (30,900–35,300 lb) with an increase in empty weight of 200 kg (440 lb). Due to relocated main undercarriage, the internal fuel capacity has increased by 40 per cent, with a significant increase in range. Combat radius will be 1,300 kilometres (810 mi) with six AAMs plus drop tanks, and 30 minutes on station. Ferry range will be 4,070 km (2,200 nmi) with drop tanks. The new undercarriage configuration also allows for the addition of two heavy stores pylons to the fuselage. Its PS-05/A radar adds a new AESA radar.

I want 2-4squadron any two of --- J-10B/FC-20, KAI FA-50, Saab Jas-39 Gripen NG, MiG-35, SU-35BM/S --- these aircrafts in BAF.

- MHJ ...

In my opinion, a package of Gripens and Erieye would be the best. Given that wallet allows :P

Back
Top Bottom