What's new

MF Husain would no longer be an Indian-Sad Day for Secular India

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you find the images idiotic, please know that I didn't paint/make them. They were made by Hindus. I am not trying to insult or criticize any religion. I am simply pointing out the fact that a hindu and muslim doing the same thing are being treated differently in a country that calls itself secular. Do you honestly find nothing wrong with that?

I just want to point out that those sculptures were made centuries ago.

Secondly, within Hinduism, there are several sects who have their own sets of beliefs. Some sects, especially those which strictly follow the Sanatana Dharma, will find these sculptures highly offensive. Some other sects whose beliefs have been influenced by their indigenous tribal beliefs will not find these offensive.

Anyways, point remains, contemporary Vedic Hindus rarely depict the Supreme Being in this fashion and that is why there was an uproar against Hussain's work. It is as simple as that.

Can I post denis cartoons here? Even those are not done by me.
Denis is secular country and those are even not published in pakistan either.

Don't be smart.

What is Denis? Do you mean Danish cartoons?

No, you shouldn't post those here because:

1. Pakistan is not a secular country and nor do we claim to be
2. Those cartoons were not made by a Pakistani or a muslim
3. They are not being sold on a website run in Pakistan by a muslim
4. Islam does not allow religious figures to be made into statues whereas hinduism does
5. There is no parallel to the MF Husain episode viz the Danish cartoons at all. MF Husain was a muslim who did the same thing that Hindus are doing. He got attacked while Hindus did not. If a muslim makes an insulting picture of the Prophet (pbuh), he will get attacked in exactly the same way as the Danish cartoonist did. The issue here is not the standard someone is being held to, but rather the hypocrisy of differential treatment.

Its a sad day that Chidambaram is not begging to Taslima Nasreen to come back to India. One has to have more shame at not being able to protect someone who was given an asylum.

Its a sad day that miscreants break into a newspaper office and its the newpaper's folks who are arrested.

Its a sad day when muslim radicals assault a writer and its the writer who is booked against.

Its a sad day when one group of people attack the work another attack the person directly and apparently its the same thing.

But its not a sad day when a pakistani think tank acts stupid. Thats just normal.

I am sorry if I offended you. I am not trying to insult your religion. I got these images from anINDIAN website where these images are being sold and the proprietors are PROFITING from the sale of these nude statues. No Pakistani or muslim is running this website/online store. It is being run by:

Madhuri Guin
P3B-085, Princeton Estate
DLF City Phase V
Gurgaon
Haryana 122 009
INDIA

Please go and direct your anger towards your co-religionist/fellow Indian. The website is:

Kali the Goddess : Gentle Mother … Fierce Warrior and they specialize in Hindu holy artifacts.

Please explain to me what my fault is in posting images that are being sold by an adherent of hinduism, living in India, on a website targeted towards a religious audience involving holy sculptures?

We drink milk from mother. It is not nude and offense. Can you sell pic of your mother with breast feeding as fashion item?

I just want to point out that those sculptures were made centuries ago.

Secondly, within Hinduism, there are several sects who have their own sets of beliefs. Some sects, especially those which strictly follow the Sanatana Dharma, will find these sculptures highly offensive. Some other sects whose beliefs have been influenced by their indigenous tribal beliefs will not find these offensive.

Anyways, point remains, contemporary Vedic Hindus rarely depict the Supreme Being in this fashion and that is why there was an uproar against Hussain's work. It is as simple as that.

Thanks for that explanation. But if the posted images are very offensive to contemporary Hindus, wouldn't they agitate against these folks who are promoting and selling these sculptures/"art" online while sitting in India?

Once again... I respect Hinduism and believe that it too contains the essential kernel of truth about God... if one seeks the path to God, one can find it in many different ways. These images and the posts above have NOTHING to do with Hinduism, and everything to do with differential/hypocritical treatment being meted out to someone on account of their faith... in a country that is overtly proud of its secularism. Is that not a valid point to raise?

We drink milk from mother. It is not nude and offense. Can you sell pic of your mother with breast feeding as fashion item?

Now I am confused. How is this related to anything? Again. Who is selling these pictures online? Me or a hindu individual sitting in India? Why are you upset with me?

Its a sad day that Chidambaram is not begging to Taslima Nasreen to come back to India. One has to have more shame at not being able to protect someone who was given an asylum.

Its a sad day that miscreants break into a newspaper office and its the newpaper's folks who are arrested.

Its a sad day when muslim radicals assault a writer and its the writer who is booked against.

Its a sad day when one group of people attack the work another attack the person directly and apparently its the same thing.

But its not a sad day when a pakistani think tank acts stupid. Thats just normal.

But is it a sad day when the facade of secularism is shattered and a man is attacked for doing the same that others of a different faith go unpunished for? And is it a sad day when anger is directed at "a pakistani think tank" simply for pointing to offensive works of art while the person who MADE these to begin with is in India, is a Hindu national and a person who continues to enjoy immunity, merrily running her business without let or hindrance? Did I ask this person to make these pictures? Have I stopped you from taking them down? I have nothing to do with them other than the fact that I am simply indicating their presence. If that makes me guilty, then my profound apologies.

Now I am confused. How is this related to anything? Again. Who is selling these pictures online? Me or a hindu individual sitting in India? Why are you upset with me?

See anything religious if sold as fashion accessory is not acceptable.

MF husain is selling as fashion items. I can also draw pic with inspiration of Islam.

How about symbol of mosque macca or madina on a underwear or toilet seat? Please visualize it.

See anything religious if sold as fashion accessory is not acceptable.

MF husain is selling as fashion items. I can also draw pic with inspiration of Islam.

How about symbol of mosque macca or madina on a underwear or toilet seat? Please visualize it.

But religious symbols are being sold as fashion accessories across the world. That is not the subject being debated.

I am not defending MF Husain. Please try to understand my point. My point is that IF MF Husain's work is offensive, then are these pictures I have pointed to not offensive ALSO? If yes, then why is the person who is selling these pictures openly and publicly not getting attacked? And she is not the only one. I will not post other such pictures because I don't want to offend anyone further... you will find dozens if not hundreds of such examples. If MF Husain is attacked, then so should Hindus who are doing such things IF India is a secular country that does not differentiate between people based on their religion.

So I hope I have made myself clear. I don't have nude art hanging on my walls at home, so I don't care much for it regardless of who it portrays. But the underlying issue here is one of *differential* treatment in a self-proclaimed secular society.

That is Malayalam language- the language of Kerala, India.

Btw, how let him draw a picture of his own god in Quatar, we will see how Quatar going to react.

He will not see reaction. He will be officially beheaded in public.

Thanks for that explanation. But if the posted images are very offensive to contemporary Hindus, wouldn't they agitate against these folks who are promoting and selling these sculptures/"art" online while sitting in India?

Once again... I respect Hinduism and believe that it too contains the essential kernel of truth about God... if one seeks the path to God, one can find it in many different ways. These images and the posts above have NOTHING to do with Hinduism, and everything to do with differential/hypocritical treatment being meted out to someone on account of their faith... in a country that is overtly proud of its secularism. Is that not a valid point to raise?

Did you see any Hindu selling offensive pic of Islam in India? We have also so many hindu artists here.

That is Malayalam language- the language of Kerala, India.

Btw, let him draw a picture of his own god in Quatar, we will see how Quatar going to react.

Thanks. I find it very hard to distinguish between South Indian languages and yes, his selection of the country for "freedom of expression" is quite strange.

Did you see any Hindu selling offensive pic of Islam in India? We have also so many hindu artists here.

Once again, have I said that this is the case? If you are still not able to understand my point then I rest my case.

Also, please note that I have voluntarily removed the pictures from my own post on this thread. My point was not to offend Hindus... it was to cast attention toward the differential treatment for the same offense towards Muslims and Hindus in India.

I would request Agni to please remove my quote from his post also so that these pictures are removed from the board and Hindu members do not have to see them. Of course, they continue to exist and be sold at the Indian website I mentioned earlier, but unfortunately that I can't do anything about.

Thank you.

Once again, have I said that this is the case? If you are still not able to understand my point then I rest my case.

Also, please note that I have voluntarily removed the pictures from my own post on this thread. My point was not to offend Hindus... it was to cast attention toward the differential treatment for the same offense towards Muslims and Hindus in India.

I would request Agni to please remove my quote from his post also so that these pictures are removed from the board and Hindu members do not have to see them. Of course, they continue to exist and be sold at the Indian website I mentioned earlier, but unfortunately that I can't do anything about.

Thank you.

You are not understanding. See the difference

Your mother can kick you. No issues to anyone.

Can I kick you since your mother kicked you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom