What's new

Metro rail stops at air force red signal

@ You have no idea about the military tactics and strategy. In a simple equation if you want to attack a defender you need 3 : 1 ratio. Say we have more than a 8 Divisions of land force. So, in order to neutralise these 8 plus Divisions you need atleast 24 Divisions ??????

I have knowledge of all military tactics and strategy. I am more willing to discuss. Our Ratio is 10:1. We have 3,50,000 Forces for North-East. 2,00,000 Army + 1,00,000 BSF + 50,000 Scouts, Special Units, etc. Also, we have 2,00,000 in reserve in near by states like Bihar, Jharkhand, U.P., etc. They can reach within 24 hours.

@ How many Divisions you have in our army 40 Divisions ??? 45 Divisions ??? Out of this 7/8 Divisions are deployed in Kashmir, 10 Divisions are one the western border, 10 divisions are on the Northern border, 4 to 5 Divisions are deployed in the North East (Seven Sisters) for Insurgency operations and I am sure 2 to 3 Divisions are fighting with the Moabadis. How many left ? You want to fight with 2 Battalion of Gurkha or Assam Regiments. My foot. That too with a hired force where the Gurkhas itself are revolting or fighting.

Absloutely wrong. On western and NE border 75% are BSF and ITBP. Army comes in conflict situation. We have some division in Kashmir and NE only for Pakistan and China respectively. Some 2,00,000 extra for Chinese border. We have 1.5 Million Strong Army + 5,00,000 BSF + Special Units + Scouts + etc. 1 Million are taking rest at 30 different places across India. We have 2,00,000 Assam rifles and Gurkha regiments. 10 times more stronger than Bangladesh Army. Revolting ?? Are you crazy ? Why i always hear joke by BD only. We have many types of regiments. Gurkhas, Assam, Naga are there in N-E. Add Bihar regiment. We can deploy Jat, Rajput, Sikh and what not in 1-2 days. regiments are not fixed at same location.

@ Forget 1971 war ? The situation was quite different at that time. Donnot under-estimate us.

I didn't even thought of 1971. Today is 2011. Bangladesh defence is negligible. 1:100 if you compare with India.

Why you think India will attack with Army ?? Why the hell we will waste too much of time ?? We have All types of Missiles, Jets to complete the game in few minutes and Bangladesh will be sitting Duck. As i said, India will never initiate any attack but if BD does something against India then our Mission will be to launch Missile/Jets and complete the mission in no time. We will never try to invade BD as She is not at all important for India in any way.

@ There was no need to buy MIG-29 aircrafts for Bangladesh. Go and see India they had 700 to 800 MIG-29 and half of these are now grounded.

@ We can at best go to China their lastest version. We cannot dream for F-16 until we have a defence pact with USA.

:rofl::rofl: It was MIG 21 and not MIG 29.

India was operating 700-800 MIG 21 since 1960's. 40 years over and their time-line expired. It has grounded because it was very very old. Our Economy was not strong so we didn't afford to Buy expensive Jets earlier. But it's decade old story. We have only some 120 MIG 29 that also latest one SMT/UPG Naval. Our main Fighters would be Sukhoi 30 MKI, MIRAGE M2k, Tejas. Also, we are buying some 200 Rafale/Typhoon with 20-22 Billion $. Also, We have final deal for 250 5th Generation Fighter jets (PAK FA/ FGFA) worth 20-30 Billion $.

You are not getting F-16 and Guess what we rejected F-18 latest which is far superior than F-16. You know why ? Because we are buying Rafale or Typhoon.

@ There was no need to buy MIG-29 aircrafts for Bangladesh. Go and see India they had 700 to 800 MIG-29 and half of these are now grounded.

@ We can at best go to China their lastest version. We cannot dream for F-16 until we have a defence pact with USA.

They did not have that many mig 29. At most the numbers were around 150+.

China would not sell their latest toys so fast

They did not have that many mig 29. At most the numbers were around 150+.

China would not sell their latest toys so fast

69 to be exact. They are being upgraded.

MIG-29UB.jpg

This is why I mentioned budget. I glad you do understand that wish to becoming a martyr and shouting religious chants will not bring down a sophisticated jet flying high or else Mullahs would have had brought down F-22s with Spitfires.

Since when did I say I want to fight your country? Where did you find any indication that I am some religious nutcase? Since when did India operate F-22s, or any news that they are going to? If that's so, then good for you! F-22s along with FGFAs! So cool! I feel so jealous! Oh poor me!

@ Before we bought this MIG-29 in 1997 by the Hasina govt we have atleast 4/5 squadron of A-6, A-5 and F-7 aircraft, all most 100 aircraft. And at that time it was not that weak. But once in 1992 once the cyclone came many of our these A-5 and A-6 aircraft were drowned. But soon Pakistan came to rescue us. Many engine were again replaced by the PAF.

I don't think that's correct. Most of the aircraft donated by Pakistan were destroyed during the cyclone.

In the 1980s and 1990s, both France and the United States donated trainer aircraft, such as the T-37. Also, several refurbished Shenyang F-6s were donated by Pakistan during the period. Some were lost in 1991 though due to floods. Despite the loss, many of these aircraft saw service in the Bangladesh Air Force, although they have since been phased out of service.
Source: Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) • Bangladesh Biman Bahini (BBB) • বাংলােদশ িবমান বািহনী - Aviation History / XAIRFORCES

It was after that we bought some C-130s from excess US stock. It is not like the US banned us from procuring their aircraft. We still operate US-made helicopters, trainers and of-course the C-130.

But anyhow, we retired those F-6s, although some are used as trainers.

@ But once Sh Hasina came to power in 1996 and decided to buy MIG-29, it was an another conspiracy in order to exhoust our defence Budget and depand on India for its overhauling. Sk Hasina took her share from this purchase. She also took money from the purchase of Frigate from South Korea. Earlier we used to buy all these from China at a much lower rate. Since than no aircraft were bought because our money is already exhousted. If during the time of Ershad we can have 4/5 squadron of aircraft by than we could have atleast 10 squadron. But who will make understand this duffer Sh Hasina ??????? In the name of modernising of Airforce and Navy she had vertually bankrupt the Airforce and Navel Bugdet. She only needs money through the back door through these defence purchase. Shame on her.

I would not dispute that. The thing is, we don't have the necessary infrastructure to maintain MiG-29s. That's why they caused us so much trouble. The US was concerned about that controversial procurement as well. It was riddled with corruption too.
BBC News | Americas | US concerned by Bangla MiG deal
BBC News | South Asia | Accusations fly over war plane deal

But now, they are doing okay. The MiG-29 was a good source of experience for the BAF. Although, I personally prefer Western birds.

@ Again, what are you talking about 1st generation and 3rd generation of aircraft ???? Go to India you would even find 5th generation Indian aircraft !!!!!!!!! What balls India would do with Knats and Vampers aircrafts. Well they have some latest aircrafts but most of these are deployed for Chinese and Pakistani threat ????

Sir, leave out 1st and 3rd generation aircraft. They are way out of the league. India doesn't operate any 5th generation aircraft yet. That's still a couple of years away (refer to India's FGFA - based on the Russian T-50).

According to General Tiki, India is capable of facing a war on two fronts. I'd believe it. Compared to Pakistan and China, the military of Bangladesh is like a puppy. This isn't my opinion, but a fact.

@ You said that at present we have more than 7 Divisions of Army !!!!! You know as per military tactics and strategey to neutralize these fighting forces India needs atleast 21 Divisions !!!!!! How many Divisions India have 35 Divisions !!! 40 Divisions !!! 45 Divisions !!!!! Can India concentrate 21 Divisions in our sectors ????? Never, Never. So have patience my dear beloved younger brother. My days are gone but you are still young . Donnot believe on Indian propaganda and AL's instigation. They are by born Indian stooges. They want to remain in power for an eternal period the way Mujib wanted with the help of Dada Bhai. We have to think and utilize each and every moment for our defence. So what !!! we are being surrounded by India ?? We are now used to it. Make your heart big. Mere desiring to buy 1st generation aircraft in this century is not that easy. Does it mean that we sit idle and beg to India our bonafide enemy ?????

India wouldn't dare invade Bangladesh at present. Iraq invaded Kuwait for no reason, and it certainly didn't end well for the Iraqis!

:lol: I would not dispute the fact that Mujib was indeed an Indian agent. The Indians here do not hide the fact that the Mukti Bahini was trained and supported by the Indians. That is why the Pakistanis used such a heavy hand.

Those Bharots just went right under the very nose of the West Pakistani axis of leadership. It was brilliantly planned - how to smash Pakistan into two.

But you know, Mujib wasn't a 'bad guy' or a villain sort of person. I think you already know that he was very cautious about Indian interference. In fact, in the end he tried to prevent Indian influence. He even persuaded Indira's forces to leave the country. Such was his charisma. But we can all agree that he made terrible mistakes which ultimately costed him his life as well as much of his family. His surviving daughter is mentally ill.

You see the thing about the AL currently is that they lost the whole vision that Mujib personally had for the country. His actual intentions weren't bad. Only his sons and some other AL men were evil and wicked. We know that they looted whatever wealth was left of what was known as East Pakistan.

People in Bangladesh just don't talk about it because the truth is just downright nasty, but it is necessary to face 'real history'.

The same story applies to BNP. They lost the vision of Ziaur Rahman had in mind. Although, the BNP's history is not as ****** as that of the AL.

Both parties want nothing but money. End of story for them. Their dignity and honor are only going down the drains of oblivion! The currently ruling AL barely has control over anything. I'd say its a miracle that we are still running somehow! God is most gracious and most merciful!

As far as India's interests are concerned, India's largest border is not with Pakistan, Myanmar or China, it is in fact with us! Bangladesh! And seeing how insecure the border is, coupled with the problems in NE India, they certainly have interests in Bangladesh.Although, those interests are very poorly addressed in the context of India's foreign policy. Coupled with the untrained diplomats on our side (thanks to Dipu Moni), that's just a path to disaster.

We can agree that India addresses its interests through odd and corrupt ways in Bangladesh. I understand that some shenanigans went on during the course of the Cold War (e.g. Shanti Bahini), but I just hope those old fools just get their heads out of their Cold War mindsets. And so should we. And if they continue to threaten us, I am sure someone in place will take the necessary actions.

The only way for Bangladesh to address the challenges is that the common Bangladeshis must assert themselves. And what I mean by common Bangladeshis, I am referring to much of the voter base - most of them uneducated illiterates. What can an intellectually bankrupt voter base do to address the challenges of the nation? Not much. This is why there is a lack of broad consensus in Bangladesh, and hence the weak negotiating power we have with India. And of-course, the senior leadership of both parties don't give a damn, they keep all their wealth in Swiss bank accounts! That's their primary concern.

All we relatively wealthy and educated lot can do is just wish for the best and wait. Or, that power can only go to the wise, and to the wise alone - not a bunch of hooligans.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

69 to be exact. They are being upgraded.

You are forgetting that your navy is going for 45 MiG-29Ks. That's gonna make 114 in total.

Didnt they think all of that in advance?? Indian government is one of the worst project planners!

Plz come out of ur India obsession this news is about Bangladesh not of India.

Yeah its very hard for you to believe that Bangladesh is greeting its own Metro before pakistan but its a fact.

Bangladesh have a good future for sure.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Japan is our financial donor since independence... I am so grateful to this nation... They have no self interest helping BD.. China is a friend but Japan is like Saviour. . .

But i think India have saved you not Japan it may be a big donor.

Since when did I say I want to fight your country? Where did you find any indication that I am some religious nutcase? Since when did India operate F-22s, or any news that they are going to? If that's so, then good for you! F-22s along with FGFAs! So cool! I feel so jealous! Oh poor me!

I don't think that's correct. Most of the aircraft donated by Pakistan were destroyed during the cyclone.

Source: Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) • Bangladesh Biman Bahini (BBB) • বাংলােদশ িবমান বািহনী - Aviation History / XAIRFORCES

It was after that we bought some C-130s from excess US stock. It is not like the US banned us from procuring their aircraft. We still operate US-made helicopters, trainers and of-course the C-130.

But anyhow, we retired those F-6s, although some are used as trainers.

I would not dispute that. The thing is, we don't have the necessary infrastructure to maintain MiG-29s. That's why they caused us so much trouble. The US was concerned about that controversial procurement as well. It was riddled with corruption too.
BBC News | Americas | US concerned by Bangla MiG deal
BBC News | South Asia | Accusations fly over war plane deal

But now, they are doing okay. The MiG-29 was a good source of experience for the BAF. Although, I personally prefer Western birds.

Sir, leave out 1st and 3rd generation aircraft. They are way out of the league. India doesn't operate any 5th generation aircraft yet. That's still a couple of years away (refer to India's FGFA - based on the Russian T-50).

According to General Tiki, India is capable of facing a war on two fronts. I'd believe it. Compared to Pakistan and China, the military of Bangladesh is like a puppy. This isn't my opinion, but a fact.

India wouldn't dare invade Bangladesh at present. Iraq invaded Kuwait for no reason, and it certainly didn't end well for the Iraqis!

:lol: I would not dispute the fact that Mujib was indeed an Indian agent. The Indians here do not hide the fact that the Mukti Bahini was trained and supported by the Indians. That is why the Pakistanis used such a heavy hand.

Those Bharots just went right under the very nose of the West Pakistani axis of leadership. It was brilliantly planned - how to smash Pakistan into two.

But you know, Mujib wasn't a 'bad guy' or a villain sort of person. I think you already know that he was very cautious about Indian interference. In fact, in the end he tried to prevent Indian influence. He even persuaded Indira's forces to leave the country. Such was his charisma. But we can all agree that he made terrible mistakes which ultimately costed him his life as well as much of his family. His surviving daughter is mentally ill.

You see the thing about the AL currently is that they lost the whole vision that Mujib personally had for the country. His actual intentions weren't bad. Only his sons and some other AL men were evil and wicked. We know that they looted whatever wealth was left of what was known as East Pakistan.

People in Bangladesh just don't talk about it because the truth is just downright nasty, but it is necessary to face 'real history'.

The same story applies to BNP. They lost the vision of Ziaur Rahman had in mind. Although, the BNP's history is not as ****** as that of the AL.

Both parties want nothing but money. End of story for them. Their dignity and honor are only going down the drains of oblivion! The currently ruling AL barely has control over anything. I'd say its a miracle that we are still running somehow! God is most gracious and most merciful!

As far as India's interests are concerned, India's largest border is not with Pakistan, Myanmar or China, it is in fact with us! Bangladesh! And seeing how insecure the border is, coupled with the problems in NE India, they certainly have interests in Bangladesh.Although, those interests are very poorly addressed in the context of India's foreign policy. Coupled with the untrained diplomats on our side (thanks to Dipu Moni), that's just a path to disaster.

We can agree that India addresses its interests through odd and corrupt ways in Bangladesh. I understand that some shenanigans went on during the course of the Cold War (e.g. Shanti Bahini), but I just hope those old fools just get their heads out of their Cold War mindsets. And so should we. And if they continue to threaten us, I am sure someone in place will take the necessary actions.

The only way for Bangladesh to address the challenges is that the common Bangladeshis must assert themselves. And what I mean by common Bangladeshis, I am referring to much of the voter base - most of them uneducated illiterates. What can an intellectually bankrupt voter base do to address the challenges of the nation? Not much. This is why there is a lack of broad consensus in Bangladesh, and hence the weak negotiating power we have with India. And of-course, the senior leadership of both parties don't give a damn, they keep all their wealth in Swiss bank accounts! That's their primary concern.

All we relatively wealthy and educated lot can do is just wish for the best and wait. Or, that power can only go to the wise, and to the wise alone - not a bunch of hooligans.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

You are forgetting that your navy is going for 45 MiG-29Ks. That's gonna make 114 in total.

oh my might BD woke again....

@ Dear Rockyx, I never never said that we would attack India. Here there is a question of national interest. Since when India has given us respite. Our history says since our existance starting from 1946 the day general election was held under separate electroate you started making conspiracy. Once we wanted partition of India, you focussed on "Akand Bharat". And on the "Direct Action Day" of 16 August 1946 started killing our innocent people with just purchased weapons from the American soldiers(vetern of @nd World War). Yes, on retalition we also killed some with rods and banboos during the Calcutta riot. People says in that riot near about 10,000 muslims died. Your souce of internate will say only 4000 died mostly Hindus ? How come ? In a Hindu majority City of Calcutta where the muslims constitute only 35 % ? Causulty was more since on that day all the members of All India Muslim Leaque gathered at Calcutta to listen the address of the then Chief Minister of Bengal.

@ After that the riot flared at Noakhali and Bihar. Now, you may question me why the riot took place at Noakhali only why not in other places of East Bengal ??? The reason was most of the workers and labours of Calcutta port were muslims originated from Noakhali and unfortunately all of them were buchered within 3 days.

@ In 1906, once Bengal was partitioned by the British you people started struggling not to partition Bengal and Tagore quickly wrote, "Amar Sonar Bangla". Soon he organised and started sponsoring the terrorist organisation, "Onushillon and Jugantor". Khudiram was caught red handed at Bogra and sentenced death punishment. And now you wrote a song, " Ebar bidai de ma ghure ashi ". Finally you people succeeded and partition of Bengal was annulled on 1911. The interest of Bengalee muslims were neglected. But again in 1946 once Chief Minister Shurwardy and some Hindu leaders were planning not to partition Bengal most of the members of Congress and Hindu Mohashoba rejected the idea and went on for the partition of Bengal on the communal line. And thus "Kella Fate", kill all Bengalee muslims of Calcutta and soon successive riots from 1946 till 1954 broke out.

@ Once we the poor Bengalee muslims were little bit improving in alignment with "Lerke lange Pakistan", you the Indian Hindu Bengalee intellectual started conspiring for the session of East Pakistan from Pakistan. During that time nobody even thought off about the activities of Indian inteligences and later of RAW. We the young people mostly leftist inclined on those propaganda and started the sessionist movement without realising the inner interest of India. ( To be continued, now I am going to meet Onup Chetia who was injured at Burmise border recently and from there I have a plan to fly to China and through Karakoram High ways I will go to Islamabad. I have also plan to meet the Taleban Leaders at Swat. Till then good bye.)

bro, some days ago i asked this same question of tjpf to a BAF pilot ( my college friend ) on his fb wall. Suddenly many of his collegues jumped in the post and answered... They were all offended by my question... Their reply was simple - 'We are ready to die. Whatever the situation is. Indian su 30 vs L-39.. We will fly and do our best ' they told me another info BD pilots are so excelled in their job that they are taken by USAF to work as instructor...

To die is not what one should aim at.

One should remember Gen Patton's wise words -

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

However, he also said -

Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets.

@ Once we the poor Bengalee muslims were little bit improving in alignment with "Lerke lange Pakistan", you the Indian Hindu Bengalee intellectual started conspiring for the session of East Pakistan from Pakistan. During that time nobody even thought off about the activities of Indian inteligences and later of RAW. We the young people mostly leftist inclined on those propaganda and started the sessionist movement without realising the inner interest of India. ( To be continued, now I am going to meet Onup Chetia who was injured at Burmise border recently and from there I have a plan to fly to China and through Karakoram High ways I will go to Islamabad. I have also plan to meet the Taleban Leaders at Swat. Till then good bye.)

Indeed, you were all babe just born that you were led up the garden path.

Who are you fooling and who are you toadying up to?

Who is sponsoring your visit to Chetia and SAWT terrorists?

Now, it does prove what India is stating. Bangaldesh is indeed becoming the epicentre of terrorism and you seem to be a major contributor meeting the terrorists.

@ Mr. Md Akmal

Since for a change, You said about History of Bengal and some other Geo-Political things. Sorry to say, But i am no expert about history. Tiki Sir will reply in better way .

I can only comment about present situation across the country and our Military capability. With my defence knowledge, I can say Indian defence is 50 times stronger than Bangladesh. Yes, 50 times and not 30 times. 2nd thing, Indian will remain united like this for next many centuries to come. Forget about BD, No neighbour country can take an inch from India. We can die but can't compromise. Our Nationalist feeling is more stronger than many countries as we were born with such education i.e. "India First". We don't teach anything about religion since childhood. So religious game won't work. You will hear many small/big news but after some time you will see nothing happening. The system was created like that. Even if All neighbours attack India then also we won't lose an inch.

Rest i support Bangladesh to improve her defence. She has all the right. We are use to live in much worst case scenario. Still, We have reached one of the largest economy and Military strength.

I posted because most of the Bangladeshi post without any logic.

In last 49 years after 1962, We fought many small/big wars like 1965,1971,1999 with Pakistan and 1967 for Nathu La/Chola with China. We won all. Both are Nuke capable. Still, We don't have any problem as we have prepared for ourself for worst case scenario.

Why we will have problem with 25% Muslims in WB and 34% is Assam (including 10% each are Illegal Bangladeshi) as most of the Bangladeshi says everyday when we are living with Kashmir Valley with 99% Muslims for last 64 years ? Did an inch of Kashmir was compromised ? last time, we merged Siachen in India only. We also fought 3 wars and won all 3. Did Pakistan wants Kashmir for Muslims or Water ? Think over it. Muslim card won't work in India. If it could, it would already happened.

Why we will have threat with China when after 1962, We won Nathu La, Chola in 67 and Sikkim is 100% part of India. China is saying about AP for last 50 years. Why waiting for 50 years ? because China was neither interested nor it was possible. it was bargaining point for Aksai Chin/Tibet.

I hope you and few others Bangladeshi member will talk with concrete reasons and evidence rather than saying without any logic.

@ You have no idea about the military tactics and strategy. In a simple equation if you want to attack a defender you need 3 : 1 ratio. Say we have more than a 8 Divisions of land force. So, in order to neutralise these 8 plus Divisions you need atleast 24 Divisions ??????

That is the thumb rule.

However, war is not won on mathematical models.

The intangibles play a major role.

Then there are the force multipliers.

And then not to forget the Chinese way of looking at capabilities - Comprehensive National Power

Ah well!

@ How many Divisions you have in our army 40 Divisions ??? 45 Divisions ??? Out of this 7/8 Divisions are deployed in Kashmir, 10 Divisions are one the western border, 10 divisions are on the Northern border, 4 to 5 Divisions are deployed in the North East (Seven Sisters) for Insurgency operations and I am sure 2 to 3 Divisions are fighting with the Moabadis. How many left ? You want to fight with 2 Battalion of Gurkha or Assam Regiments. My foot. That too with a hired force where the Gurkhas itself are revolting or fighting.

Your information is outdated.

@ Forget 1971 war ? The situation was quite different at that time. Donnot under-estimate us.

Don't over estimate yourself is what I would say. Check CNP.

Back
Top Bottom