What's new

Metro bus service sets new popularity records: Shahbaz

There is down time for any project, first u need to do capital investment, make customers etc. so after u start earning in big projects
U have to be patient, wait and see than after six month or a year u can judge thats its failed or good project

Lozzz. i thought this project was a failure because it is causing traffic jam. Our family friends who just came back from Lahore are saying that Metro bus is completely crap.

According to the little I know, this is a MASSIVE change and help for the middle and lower middle class. From the briefings, I found out that EVERYDAY 108,000 people take these buses.....within less than a month after the launch. How could THAT big of a number be crap? May want to ask the 108,000 people a day what they feel about it before you just based your opinion on the second hand information.

This system has it's own tracks dedicated to bus traffic only and there are elevated expressways to keep the massive transit system moving...Sad thing about Pakistanis is that they are too political party focus, biased and less nationalistic. This is an asset for a country like Pakistan. You guys should be proud of it to be honest.

Plus the government of Punjab has asked transparency international to come in and do all audits to identify any corruption.......that's like the first in the history of Pakistan. The federal government just does the corruption and in trillions. No audits neeeded. So think about your country before you just bash someone's good vision and hard work

Lozzz. i thought this project was a failure because it is causing traffic jam. Our family friends who just came back from Lahore are saying that Metro bus is completely crap.

It simply cannot be... population of Lahore is enormous and this division has actually helped to regulate the normal traffic.

Problem is lack of discipline in public, which cannot wait for a minute but would gladly create traffic jams of hours.

Is this true? The entire project went from idea to start of service in a year?? If so, then yes there is a serious likelihood of there being fundamental flaws and deficiencies in the service as it takes much more time to plan and crunch data for such projects. And then starting a service before construction is even finished is a big no-no.

The picture you paint certainly points to this being nothing more than a political stunt.

This is 1000% true
A Turkish envoy came to Pakistan about a year and a half ago.
It took that long to negotiate, plan and construct this project.
Everything Noura league does is a gimic and a political stunt.
They spend billion on short sighted "projects" as a way to buy the people's vote and then after the elections, these project fail.

If this party truly cared about the country they would be building schools and making sure 100% of the children in Punjab went to elementary schools. But elementary kids don't vote, so who cares right?

I just love it 30 days before election every one wakes up with Pakistani flag in hand and trying to help people

Brothers,
I really think pakistan should work on good projects (not little and small project like bus service). Pakistan needs Delhi metro types of project. so many corrupted politicians around us (in India and Pakistan) but still India havesome good projects for all cities. we all know within the years we will get some very good facilities in all cities. But, Pakistan still working on bus service types of projects.

I am a family person and never wanna travel by bus, it is very difficult to alive. If you talking about bus service so you can take example of DTC. Delhi transport corporation (DTC) has more than 4000 buses (AC\Non-AC\Low floor) but no one like to talk about DTC. everyone talked about Delhi Metro because it is a future.................

Brothers,
I really think pakistan should work on good projects (not little and small project like bus service). Pakistan needs Delhi metro types of project. so many corrupted politicians around us (in India and Pakistan) but still India havesome good projects for all cities. we all know within the years we will get some very good facilities in all cities. But, Pakistan still working on bus service types of projects.

I am a family person and never wanna travel by bus, it is very difficult to alive. If you talking about bus service so you can take example of DTC. Delhi transport corporation (DTC) has more than 4000 buses (AC\Non-AC\Low floor) but no one like to talk about DTC. everyone talked about Delhi Metro because it is a future.................

You know Lahore was supposed to go Underground Metro. We first signed a deal with the Japanese with this same Federal and Punjab Government in the 90s. Unfortunately these guys got exiled. When they came back here 5 years ago they wanted the same project to go ahead. 2 years ago, they choose the Chinese and the deal was was about to be signed until some Chinese Bank asked for Sovereign Guarantee from our present Federal Government, who later declined. The same soverign gurantee issue is also causing problems for Karachi The Japanese want federal govt to get involved.

As for the BRTS as i would like to call it, it has been built with our own resources. It has a good and a bad side. Iwould say good when it comes to costs and bad when it comes to capacity. Still i say its not bad development. Something is better nothing. As per Shahbaz Sharif our Chief Minister of Punjab, it is possible to have underground metro but in other route lines in the future. The problem lies with the federal government. They want their share and don't want any developments. If someone like Shahbaz can come to power, he will for sure bring a metro revolution.

You know Lahore was supposed to go Underground Metro. We first signed a deal with the Japanese with this same Government of Punjab in the 90s. Unfortunately these guys got exiled. When they came back here 5 years ago they wanted the same project to go ahead. 2 years ago, they choose the Chinese and the deal was was about to be signed until some Chinese Bank asked for Sovereign Guarantee from our present Federal Government, who later declined. The same soverign gurantee issue is also causing problems for Karachi The Japanese want federal govt to get involved.

As for the BRTS as i would like to call it, it has been built with our own resources. It has a good and a bad side. Iwould say good when it comes to costs and bad when it comes to capacity. Still i say its not bad development. Something is better nothing. As per Shahbaz Sharif our Chief Minister of Punjab, it is possible to have underground metro but in other route lines in the future. The problem lies with the federal government. They want their share and don't want any developments. If someone like Shahbaz can come to power, he will for sure bring a metro revolution.

Yes, u r right brother.... I don't know much about pakistani CM but yes, we should appreciate any development because it is for common people. But, I must say we are buying weapons and making nukes & missiles that time we used say security issue it is necessary. I am not backing my country but somehow India doing better than pakistan because we are not stuck. I saw so many times pakistani news channels and all times they only talking about Kashmir and internal fights or corruptions.

It simply cannot be... population of Lahore is enormous and this division has actually helped to regulate the normal traffic.

Problem is lack of discipline in public, which cannot wait for a minute but would gladly create traffic jams of hours.

And from where will discipline come from? From proper education which the Govt. & allies are completely ignoring & destroying for their own personal interest.

Education system in Pakistan was made good & lot of work was been done on education at time of Gen. Musharraf, now this is a separate topic. So the bottom line here that Govt. needs to make education common & good, then such things such be brought to or given to public other wise we will just see fights in buses, on bus stops & etc.

According to the little I know, this is a MASSIVE change and help for the middle and lower middle class. From the briefings, I found out that EVERYDAY 108,000 people take these buses.....within less than a month after the launch. How could THAT big of a number be crap? May want to ask the 108,000 people a day what they feel about it before you just based your opinion on the second hand information.

This system has it's own tracks dedicated to bus traffic only and there are elevated expressways to keep the massive transit system moving...Sad thing about Pakistanis is that they are too political party focus, biased and less nationalistic. This is an asset for a country like Pakistan. You guys should be proud of it to be honest.

Plus the government of Punjab has asked transparency international to come in and do all audits to identify any corruption.......that's like the first in the history of Pakistan. The federal government just does the corruption and in trillions. No audits neeeded. So think about your country before you just bash someone's good vision and hard work

What vision? Where is the education in Pakistan it is just getting destroyed. Such things should be given to the people later, education should come first which will teach these people manners & discipline, then they should be given such things otherwise we will just continue to see fights on misbehaving on bus stops & inside the buses.

Where is the respect & discipline here?

16050-metrobusONLINE-1360580156-730-640x480.jpg

I don't know what you call this?

Maryam-Nawaz-at-Metro-Bus-Opening-Ceremony.jpg

The guy must be saying "khanay ko kuch nahi hai" & that lady must be saying "lo baita bus kha lo"

Waoo right?

1101753489-1.jpg

My country Pakistan gets hurt by these corrupt & incompetent politicians daily & this metro is just expensive way to buy votes by PML-N.

These are not people problems, people want food, water, electricity, proper & good education etc. Transport should comes in the end.

Before the launch in express Tv show project manager estimated minimum 40,000 passengers daily, now average 90,000 people travelling daily so its a huge success and good for revenue. 90,000 x 20=18Lac/day.
Such successful projects and government initiative will attract more investment from Turkiye and China in other cities of Punjab.

What vision? Where is the education in Pakistan it is just getting destroyed. Such things should be given to the people later, education should come first which will teach these people manners & discipline, then they should be given such things otherwise we will just continue to see fights on misbehaving on bus stops & inside the buses.

Where is the respect & discipline here?

I don't know what you call this?

The guy must be saying "khanay ko kuch nahi hai" & that lady must be saying "lo baita bus kha lo"

Waoo right?

My country Pakistan gets hurt by these corrupt & incompetent politicians daily & this metro is just expensive way to buy votes by PML-N.

These are not people problems, people want food, water, electricity, proper & good education etc. Transport should comes in the end.

Its sad to see when well educated people are acting like Paindos.
Benazir Income fraud program: 60 Billion Rs
Airforce lost Saab 2000: 25 Billion Rs
Balouchistan Government: You will get heart attack.
If PML-N invest 30 Billion for public and you haters come up with stupid logic's.
Food, water, education these problems also exists in India but they are one step ahead of us they are signing metro rail contracts and here people are debating it why we have metro.

what narrow street? we aren't talking about big arse trains. There is more thn enough room
IMG_22101.JPG

Bhai ayse baatein karty ho to aik he cheez zehn main ate ha "Yeh Moh aur Masoor ki daal" :chilli:

In June 2010, Malaysia based Scomi International proposed a US$1.15 billion monorail–based alternative to LRMTS. However, the project was not approved as the Chinese government agreed to loan the LRMTS US$1.8 billion. The infrastructural investment required in LRMTS was US$61.9 million per km which was higher than the average range of US$13–50 million per km for similar projects. In 2012, the LRMTS was abandoned in favour of more cost–effective Lahore Metro Bus System by the Punjab government.
The Green Line was expected to cost US$2.4 billion to construct and would have extend from Shahdara to Hamza Town.

The Orange Line was expected to cost US$1.9 billion to construct and would have extend from Ali Town to Dera Gujran.

LRMTS%2B1.bmp

Its sad to see when well educated people are acting like Paindos.
Benazir Income fraud program: 60 Billion Rs
Airforce lost Saab 2000: 25 Billion Rs
Balouchistan Government: You will get heart attack.
If PML-N invest 30 Billion for public and you haters come up with stupid logic's.
Food, water, education these problems also exists in India but they are one step ahead of us they are signing metro rail contracts and here people are debating it why we have metro.

Brother just ignore these idiots. One guy here wants Musharraf back and he doesn't look up to the fact that he set the tone for destruction. The others don't see the Federal govt. Pakistan bayshak toot jay magar sui Punjab pay pasay rai gee.

Back
Top Bottom