What's new

Metro bus service sets new popularity records: Shahbaz

Is this true? The entire project went from idea to start of service in a year?? If so, then yes there is a serious likelihood of there being fundamental flaws and deficiencies in the service as it takes much more time to plan and crunch data for such projects. And then starting a service before construction is even finished is a big no-no.

The picture you paint certainly points to this being nothing more than a political stunt.

Only few month diff here..... one says i can clean Pakistan from all evil in 90 days & than we see a guy completing a mega project in 365 days.... so Pakistan is full of those people who can deliver if they want too :D

Metro bus ? Is this the same concept as the bus rapid transit thing in India ?

Isn't Pakistan getting getting a metro rail ?

There was a time when people regarded the Lahore-Islamabad Motorway as an ill-planned extravagance too. Now it is regarded as a great convenience and advantage for everyone. I expect the same thing to happen with this MetroBus project too.

Last week it was 100,000 and now it 75,000????? the every day payment to Turkish company is around 35 Lacs....

Simple Maths

If ticket is 20 Rupees it was 20 Lac earned with 15 Lac loss

and this week it 15 Lac with 20 lac loss

Conclusion

Fail project......

nope, this track can later be converted into light rail system

How that narrow street will be able to run train on it with two sides with keeping safety measures ???? plz explain this science.....

How that narrow street will be able to run train on it with two sides with keeping safety measures ???? plz explain this science.....

what narrow street? we aren't talking about big arse trains. There is more thn enough room
IMG_22101.JPG

Lozzz. i thought this project was a failure because it is causing traffic jam. Our family friends who just came back from Lahore are saying that Metro bus is completely crap.

Lozzz. i thought this project was a failure because it is causing traffic jam. Our family friends who just came back from Lahore are saying that Metro bus is completely crap.

1) Running in Loss----- So the next govt will stop it
2) Traffic jaam and severe traffic jam becasue Lahore is cut in to half .....

what narrow street? we aren't talking about big arse trains. There is more thn enough room
IMG_22101.JPG

For this kind of project to work , people need to be educated first , so they dont start driving motorcycles & Rickshaws on the Track ,

Education should always be the first priority then anything else .

1) Running in Loss----- So the next govt will stop it
2) Traffic jaam and severe traffic jam becasue Lahore is cut in to half .....

Believe me or not but traffic all over the lahore is a lot more smooth with almost signal free ferozpur road. The only problem is in Azadi chowk but if you compare the situation with a year before than you will get A++ rating from Lahorities for this project. Lahore's traffic was lot more crazier than it is now. Ferozpur road has got pretty wide (four lanes).

at the face of it, this project looks good and should be applauded and i hope this turns out to be genuine success. all the debate around total cost of the project is slightly pointless. wat is more important is to watch if the project will be able to sustain itself over medium to long run. and at this point only those with detailed reports on their desk will be in a position to predict anything.

now my definition of sustainability is not necessarily profitability. but it should be able to break even or atleast get very close to it. such projects have high positive externalities (social benefits) and limited amount of subsidy from time to time can be economically justified.

my status as far as this project is concerned is: keeping my fingers crossed and praying for success.

Back
Top Bottom