What's new

Meeting India's military challenge

shaheen 2 have multiple independently targeted re-entry vehicle (MIRV) which can make it immensely problematic for existing anti-ballistic missile (ABM) defence systems to successfully intercept the missile. :rolleyes:

What if your Shaheen is Intercepted in endoatmosphere before its MIRVs are seperated from the missile?? :undecided:

3rd party intell will still be available, and that is why PK advocates a 'defensive' strategy, spreading its troops evenly - and terrain cannot be discounted - a 'riposte' will only be committed to if a favourable situation materialises.
Fatman17,
My apologies for the delay Sir.

Anyways, I would ask you something to put things in the perspective-

Has the PA ever thought about NOT offering battle to advancing InA battlegroups and instead sit behind the canals waiting for the InA to collapse its own LOC?

Fatman17,
My apologies for the delay Sir.

Anyways, I would ask you something to put things in the perspective-

Has the PA ever thought about NOT offering battle to advancing InA battlegroups and instead sit behind the canals waiting for the InA to collapse its own LOC?

the 'best' example was in BD (aka E/Pak) in 71. however there were cases in both 65/71 on the western (now eastern) border where for many reasons, the sector commanders did exactly that - I will try to provide examples.

i would have to research the 'current doctrine' of the PA to see if this thinking exists.

the 'best' example was in BD (aka E/Pak) in 71. however there were cases in both 65/71 on the western (now eastern) border where for many reasons, the sector commanders did exactly that - I will try to provide examples.

i would have to research the 'current doctrine' of the PA to see if this thinking exists.

I believe Sir, PA will adopt the strategy as mentioned, where it knows it will have a favorable chance to defend by doing such thing, where it knows it can't have the favorable option of such strategy they will have the defensive-offensive strategy mixed.

I believe Sir, PA will adopt the strategy as mentioned, where it knows it will have a favorable chance to defend by doing such thing, where it knows it can't have the favorable option of such strategy they will have the defensive-offensive strategy mixed.

PA has only 2 battle-groups or strike corps who are trained / equipped for offensive operations, the rest of the corps esp along the LOC are 'defensive' in nature.

I would consider the BD example a tad different, as because the InA's OPOBJs were to bypass fortified enemy positions and march straight into Dacca. In any case taking a Bde/Div level operational decission as an example to determine a manouvering corps level operation would itself open another can of worms. I would wait for some examples to see how this was viewed from the PA's perspective.

came across this interesting piece in the book called ' Memoirs' by Lt.Gen Gul Hasan Khan who was C-in-C for a short period 1972-73 when he was hastily removed by then PM Bhutto.

Appendix B

Pakistan's Security Doctrine

Maj.Gen ML Popli (retd)
Patriot, India
11 July 1990

A defensive war is a luxury which the side enjoying quantitative superiority alone can afford. The 'few' must adopt the principle of delivering the 'first blow' and conduct a offensive rather than be on the defensive.

A study of conflicts with Pakistan in 1965 and 1971 clearly demonstrates this strategic doctrine. In 65 Pakistan had launched an offensive in Chamb-Akhnur area with the dual aim of capturing Akhnur bridge and cutting off Indian army formations in Poonch-Naushera sector and also for providing depth to their main rail-road axis between Lahore and Islamabad.

This was almost thrust through Khemkaran-once again with the twin aims of relieving pressure from the Indian offensive across the Ichhogil canal and also Amritsar by striking at the Beas bridge. Both these thrusts were brilliant in conception though poor in implementation (as the objectives were not fully met and the CO was removed mid-stream). Operation Gibraltar in Kashmir was also brilliant in so far as the plans were concerned but failed due to non-involvement of local populace.

Again in 1971, Pakistan undertook offensive in Chamb sector, while planning a major offensive thrust in depth opposite our Gangannagar-Hindumal kot axis. For well known reasons the former offensive was not executed. Clearly, these offensives illustrate the strategic security doctrine of 'Offensive-Defence' and efforts or plans to carry the war deep into enemy territory......

In most cases, for numerically inferior forces, offense is the best defence. The Israelis proved this during the 6 day war. In the Yom-Kippur war, when Israel tried to defend the Sinai, they lost. However, they soon went on the offensive and regained the lost land.

So the chances are that should an Indo-Pakistani war break out, Pakistan will be aiming to launch an offensive attack, and destroy Indian military assets.

Since then, u lost courage? 1971 was nothing more than a cheap shot. Go and read history once again for a better understanding. In Kargil, 500 fighters busted the Indian military wide open and the whole world laughed ! So only threats in 2001 and in 2009. Hollow words nothing more. ALAS

yeah sure..1971 was a cheap and pathetic shot for you pakistani whr a whole army shamefully surrendered and its compatriots in the west were shitting in their pants....so remove ignorance..and sneaking into indian terrirtory, occupying mountain top with clear view and shooting treaking indian soldiers dosent go well with u pakis and finally ur ***** were stuffed with LGB's and 155 HE shells, u guys didnt even had a chance to run and the whole world spitted fire on you...so dnt get carried away with patriotic sentiments and talk sensible..:devil::devil:

Since then, u lost courage? 1971 was nothing more than a cheap shot. Go and read history once again for a better understanding. In Kargil, 500 fighters busted the Indian military wide open and the whole world laughed ! So only threats in 2001 and in 2009. Hollow words nothing more. ALAS
LeT,JeM,Al Badr etc were all created to bleed India by a thousand cuts.After 65 and 71 the pakistani establishment understood that it is impossible to fight India head on .This was further compounded by the Kargil debacle where pakistan ended up losing 4000 soilders(conceded by Nawaz Sharif) and even refused to accept the bodies of a number of Pakistani soilders.
Nobody laughed at India but the world was shocked by seeing how cheap Pakistan can get(specially after the parliament attack).

Kargil was a war of few soldiers of Army and Pakistan didnt used its millitary power since political government was not in favour of war other wise India would have lost its occupied Kashmir

Kargil was a war of few soldiers of Army and Pakistan didnt used its millitary power since political government was not in favour of war other wise India would have lost its occupied Kashmir

what makes you think so
please google number of army personal in kashmir by india and then google total strength of pakistan army(active + reserve) then at last google total strength of indian army (active + reserve) you will get to know if pakistan can take indian part of kashmir or not
and please do not give the zaid hamid crap that one pakistani soldier equals 100 indian we all know both have same strength its complete numerical superiority which pak cannt get ever :cheers:
my point of view accept LOC as international border :cheers:

yeah sure..1971 was a cheap and pathetic shot for you pakistani whr a whole army shamefully surrendered and its compatriots in the west were shitting in their pants....so remove ignorance..and sneaking into indian terrirtory, occupying mountain top with clear view and shooting treaking indian soldiers dosent go well with u pakis and finally ur ***** were stuffed with LGB's and 155 HE shells, u guys didnt even had a chance to run and the whole world spitted fire on you...so dnt get carried away with patriotic sentiments and talk sensible..:devil::devil:

if pak military also think the same that 71 was a cheap shot i believe indian military would love to repeat that cheap shot again and again:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom