What's new

MCA to AMCA: Journey of Cutting edge Next Gen Fighter

If they dont start the work now than IAF have to wait 15 years more for AMCA. I think you know how things are developed, concurrent technology development and why Tejas is delayed.

i didnt say that they shouldnt start..

i just hate Govt companies in India...

Let them start,But please ADA\HAL shut ur mouth and dont talk anything about AMCA,
when u have finished,open ur mouth...

Let them start,But please ADA\HAL shut ur mouth and dont talk anything about AMCA,

I agree with you............. ADA/HAl shd shut there fukc up. And just do the job. Enough of there dramas.

Its perfect time to start working on the AMCA, whatever knowledge is gained from FGFA should be used for this one.

Snecma will take care of Kaveri engines.

If the requirements do not change too often, then AMCA could be one heck of a machine and that too without much delays.

Is this some dictator ruled country that everything will suddenly come from the sky? :rolleyes:

ADA is responsible for developing AMCA and it is no company.

I agree with you............. ADA/HAl shd shut there fukc up. And just do the job. Enough of there dramas.

Post reported.

I think many people forget the fact here that Tejas was the baby step towards Aviation sector by an Indian company after a long time,if I am not wrong they r directly trying to jump towards 4th gen directly from 2nd gen,so this kinds of problem's r natural.

Even programe like EFT and Rafale took a good 10 and 20 yr time respectively,what make people think India can achieve this in a fraction of a decade with virtually no experience in aviation sector.

But the the debacles,setbacks and progress in the tejas programme had resulted in HAL and DRDO gaining some valuable expertise in this field,moreover India also will be activly involved in FGFA programme during this period,so never expect this to be a 20 yr long thread.

I think many people forget the fact here that Tejas was the baby step towards Aviation sector by an Indian company after a long time,if I am not wrong they r directly trying to jump towards 4th gen directly from 2nd gen,so this kinds of problem's r natural.

Even programe like EFT and Rafale took a good 10 and 20 yr time respectively,what make people think India can achieve this in a fraction of a decade with virtually no experience in aviation sector.

But the the debacles,setbacks and progress in the tejas programme had resulted in HAL and DRDO gaining some valuable expertise in this field,moreover India also will be activly involved in FGFA programme during this period,so never expect this to be a 20 yr long thread.

Defence exports have dropped to 'laughable level'

Defence exports of Ordnance have dropped to 'laughable level'
Press Trust of India / New Delhi February 06, 2011, 18:23 IST

Defence exports from the country's Ordnance Factories have fallen to such meagre levels that the quantum is "laughable", a former Army General has said.

Defence exports from Ordnance Factories have slided from "a paltry Rs 41.07 crore in 2008-09 to a laughable Rs 12.28 crore in 2009-10. It is a reflection of the nature and quality of items being produced indigenously," Maj Gen (Retd) Mrinal Suman said.

Suman regretted that India has also not been able to produce "a single defence system with cutting-edge technology".

There has been a "total failure" of policies governing foreign and private participation in defence production, with imports rising to as high as 75 per cent in 2009-10, Suman said writing in an article in the premier journal 'Indian Defence Review'.

Maintaining that all hopes raised by the 2002 Defence Procurement Procedure have been "belied", Suman said the last decade has been "a chronicle of tall claims, missed opportunities and inability to translate policies into implementable programmes. The current regime has been a total failure".

To buttress his point, Suman, who himself was associated with defence procurement while in office, said imports have climbed to 75 per cent rather than dropping to the targeted 30 per cent.

"While every critical item is being imported, India continues to be happy producing (aircraft) doors and windows for foreign aviation majors," Suman said in an article in the premier journal 'Indian Defence Review'.

Despite "repeated assertions" of the government to integrate private sector in defence industry, "there is little progress on ground. The private sector continues to be a peripheral player" producing some low-tech items and components, he said.

Building a strong case for turning India into a manufacturing hub, he said for this, it was imperative that foreign direct investment (FDI) flows in.

However, FDI should be technology-centric with inherent flexibility. "It could be 26 per cent for low-tech products, 51 to 74 per cent for matured systems and 75 to 100 per cent for cutting-edge technologies," he suggested.

Observing that all countries leverage offset clauses in consonance with their national economic priorities to fill an important technological or economic void, he said, "Strangely, India does not accept technology against offsets."

With the "current flawed policy", offsets were not contributing to upgrading of the indigenous technological base, he said, calling for amending the current offset policy to make transfer of technology the preferred mode.

Asserting that India must become a key player in the global supply chain, Suman made a strong plea for setting up of a multi-disciplinary 'Defence Capability Development Board' under the Commerce Ministry to oversee the entire gamut of related activities and act as a single window interface for all entrepreneurs.

^^ Does not change anything,India was never a major player in Military industrial complex,it was always a nation relying on import's,and for such a nation it take time to develop the industry,compare todays arm industry with one 20 yrs ago,how many indigenous projects we had?

If i am not wrong we r manufacturing an AC,Nuke submarine,stealth frigates and destroyers,BVRM's and many more,was India involved as much 20 yrs before?

But both sukhoi and mig are both govt organisation :undecided:
correct yourself. sukhoi and mig are both Russian govt organisations. bolded part makes whole difference. we should open door to private sector in defense industry. other wise DRDO will keep failing to deliver aircrafts on time.

^^ Does not change anything,India was never a major player in Military industrial complex,it was always a nation relying on import's,and for such a nation it take time to develop the industry,compare todays arm industry with one 20 yrs ago,how many indigenous projects we had?

If i am not wrong we r manufacturing an AC,Nuke submarine,stealth frigates and destroyers,BVRM's and many more,was India involved as much 20 yrs before?

and how many of these are avilable ????? with the fullfillment of defense requirments ?

iaf , navy , or army nobody is really happy with the product they were promised and delivered.

reason : the incompetency of govt organization.

1.and how many of these are avilable ????? with the fullfillment of defense requirments ?

2.iaf , navy , or army nobody is really happy with the product they were promised and delivered.

3.reason : the incompetency of govt organization.

1.Here is a short list....

a) All IGMDP missiles except Trishul.

b) ALH Dhruv.

c) Avionics on board Su 30 mki, MiG 27,

d) Next generation EW systems for IA, IAF, IN.

e)Heavy torps, Sonars (Towed array, Hull mounted)

Many, many more on this thread...

Dr. Saraswat annual Address to DRDO : Some pleasant surprises! (HELINA Launched!)

Enjoy!

2. Please do not indulge in blanket statements. Being a senior member you should know better. IN is more than happy with DRDO.

3.By your analogy, the super duper experienced "private" sector firm like LM should be the panacea for every defence R and D trouble.........

F35, anyone? ;)

1.Here is a short list....

a) All IGMDP missiles except Trishul.

b) ALH Dhruv.

c) Avionics on board Su 30 mki, MiG 27,

d) Next generation EW systems for IA, IAF, IN.

e)Heavy torps, Sonars (Towed array, Hull mounted)

Many, many more on this thread...

Dr. Saraswat annual Address to DRDO : Some pleasant surprises! (HELINA Launched!)

Enjoy!

2. Please do not indulge in blanket statements. Being a senior member you should know better. IN is more than happy with DRDO.

3.By your analogy, the super duper experienced "private" sector firm like LM should be the panacea for every defence R and D trouble.........

F35, anyone? ;)

gAMINI

here i need private sector - not lm but - tata , reliance,mahindra etc.

they need to give them run for their money.

yeh india did achieve some target we never deny them- but kind of potential it had with amount of JV and technical support from - west to russia. also the man power, brain power and hard work.

India is nowhere close to what it could have achieved.

IN try so hard to keep them running , but air force and army say it upfront. even indian navy never got what it was promised but navy still like ingenious product.

Why cant pvt sector take the initiative themselves, why waiting for govt ? at least come up with a decent uav.

Why cant pvt sector take the initiative themselves, why waiting for govt ? at least come up with a decent uav.

Indian private sector lacks the capability to build any hitech weapons. Their minor contribution to many defence projects also lead to delay. For example there is no private company in India that can make a modern MBT to meet the requirements of Indian Army, a modern fighter to meet the requirements of IAF etc.

Indian private sector lacks the capability to build any hitech weapons. Their minor contribution to many defence projects also lead to delay. For example there is no private company in India that can make a modern MBT to meet the requirements of Indian Army, a modern fighter to meet the requirements of IAF etc.

Kiinetic the Indian private industry must chip in with smaller inputs first.

Like materials research. Chemical research. Participating with the academia etc.

They need to start funding research projects in universities. That's the starting point.

gAMINI

1.here i need private sector - not lm but - tata , reliance,mahindra etc.

2.they need to give them run for their money.

3.yeh india did achieve some target we never deny them- but kind of potential it had with amount of JV and technical support from - west to russia. also the man power, brain power and hard work.

4.India is nowhere close to what it could have achieved.

5.IN try so hard to keep them running , but air force and army say it upfront. even indian navy never got what it was promised but navy still like ingenious product.

1.I'm not against private players in defence sector. We do need TATA et al to get into the fray ( not Reliance, though! Worst scamsters ever!).

However, it should not be at the cost of DRDO. Or else, we will have a defence sector version of the 3G scam waiting in the wings!

2. +1, a healthy competition will be a good change!

3. JV and tech support started late in this decade (except russia), it will take some time for solid results.

AFA Russia is concerned, BrahMos ,Su 30 mki and Arihant have been stellar examples of JV and tech cooperation.

Israeli assistance with LRTR was quite fruitful, too.

Also, JV does not mean that a country will part with the cutting edge tech. Key techs will always have to be developed in house, and they take time!

4.True in many areas including defence!

5.I defer respectfully, quite a many Naval engineering guys I have met have nothing but praise for DRDO.

Especially the sonars, EW systems, Brahmos and heavy torp are held in high regard.

Naval ALH and SV 2000 are the only projects IN did not find upto the mark!

Back
Top Bottom