What's new

Mass Graves of Sikhs killed in 1984 Sikh Genocide discovered after 26 years.

Im a Hindu, and a hardcore one, and this report made me very uncomfortable.
Yes innocent sikhs were massacared, and they were massacared by the hands of Hindus.
There is no denying to this fact.

And being a Hindu I want to apologize to all my Sikh brothers for what they went through. My head goes down in shame and pain whenever 1984 comes to my mind.
Sikhs are amongst the most loyal and bravest sons of this country, Sikhs sacrificed their lives to save the dignity of this land throughout the history.
Lets move on guys, for the betterment of our motherland.

Reservation is completely different issue. Sikhs are not a Hindu cast neither their consider themselves as. Sikhs hardly go for poverty related reservations. The Supreme Court ruling clearly commented on classification of casts and terming Sikhs as a sub-cast of Hinduism though the case was about reservations but the verdict clearly mentioned that Sikhs are not a separate faith according to the same article 25 of Indian Constitution .

Abir this is very tricky. If Sikhs are separate faith followers then why uptill now Sikh Marriage law is not passed by India ?

What provisions are there for Sikh law that are different from the current hindu law?

If NONE, then the one law will take care of all, particularly when the term hindu does not exist in religious texts!

The issue happened when Sikhs were asking for minority status in Punjab, it's like Bengalis asking minority status in Bengal. I mean if religious based reservation is allowed, why not linguistic based as well!

Unfortunately it was the betrayal of Sikhs by your then govt over linguistic promises that also led to Khalistan Movement and latter massacre of Sikhs .

And the ruling is not on stopping minorities from asking for reservations but depriving the Sikhs of separate status. if it was only issue of minorities then all those cast based reservations should also be abolished otherwise its amusing that which cast Sikhs fall in to ask reservations under their status as Hindus ??????????

By policy we trying to abolish the existing ones, Hindu marriage act and Muslim marriage act, there should be one uniform act for all religions.

a stupid thinking because there can not be a uniformed act for all religions because personal laws are very different . all religions cant take pheras for solemnising their marriage neither follow rules laid in other faiths.

Unfortunately it was the betrayal of Sikhs by your then govt over linguistic promises that also led to Khalistan Movement and latter massacre of Sikhs .

And the ruling is not on stopping minorities from asking for reservations but depriving the Sikhs of separate status. if it was only issue of minorities then all those cast based reservations should also be abolished otherwise its amusing that which cast Sikhs fall in to ask reservations under their status as Hindus ??????????

a stupid thinking because there can not be a uniformed act for all religions because personal laws are very different . all religions cant take pheras for solemnising their marriage neither follow rules laid in other faiths.

Govt was responsible for Khalistan movement and they did what needed to be done. Khalistan is past, period.

Follow whatever rules to get married and register to govt to get recognised, govt shouldn't recognise personal rules.

What provisions are there for Sikh law that are different from the current hindu law?

If NONE, then the one law will take care of all, particularly when the term hindu does not exist in religious texts!

Ask Sikhs. they are demanding Anand Marriage Acta for registration

the term Hindu is misused by Indians to twist situation in favour of majority Hindus

Govt was responsible for Khalistan movement and they did what needed to be done. Khalistan is past, period.

Follow whatever rules to get married and register to govt to get recognised, govt shouldn't recognise personal rules.

We are not here reviving that movement just debating causes and reasons why it found roots. secondly blaming others for the entire issue is amusing in my view.

the term Hindu is misused by Indians to twist situation in favour of majority Hindus

You are posting it here, quickly google up like the other articles you have been doing and answer. thats a lame excuse, yes some sikhs are demanding that, and some hindus are demanding some other things, and some others some more, does not mean everything is just, just because one is demanding it.

Oh please get off this high morality ground, would you?

It's like me shedding tears for those Pashtuns in waziristan who's getting hammered by PA.

you are just avoiding the main debate which is NOT about morality . since one of your bharati members was blaming Pakistan for the blood bath so i was pointing out it was your Indian army and Hindu mob which had made the blood bath NOT us.

The morality debate is altogether different debate. not part of my comments here.

You are posting it here, quickly google up like the other articles you have been doing and answer. thats a lame excuse, yes some sikhs are demanding that, and some hindus are demanding some other things, and some others some more, does not mean everything is just, just because one is demanding it.

Lame excuse coming from you. I dont need to google quickly as i already studied few years back what is Anand Marriage act when it was abolished why Sikhs demanding it and how Indians are not willing to revive it.

Sikhs are not demanding this out of blue. it was something part of their personal laws which was abolished by India and imposed Hindu Marriage law on them.

what harm it is going to inflict if their demand is accepted ????? it is nothing new which is asked by them its something which was snatched by you :)

you are just avoiding the main debate which is NOT about morality . since one of your bharati members was blaming Pakistan for the blood bath so i was pointing out it was your Indian army and Hindu mob which had made the blood bath NOT us.

The morality debate is altogether different debate. not part of my comments here.

Indians members shouldn't blame Pakistan and Pakistani members should stop shedding croc tears. It works both ways.

In what way does that help majority of Hindus? Do hindus gets tax concession if Sikhs get married in Hindu marriage act. :lol:

It helps in supporting wrong actions like clubbing Sikhs as Hindus. :) whereas we know very well its not just a term but represents an entire faith which is indeed different than Sikhism, and other NON-Hindu faiths

no one needs a marriage act in constitution to recognize a religion.

well that was funny.................

History of Sikhism is written in blood........................84 was just a very small phrase in it.

nothing in front of past incidents .................

when a sikh prays anywhere in the world he/she remembers those innocents souls killed , sons butchered cut into piece and put around mothers neck..........sometimes 14000 died and sometimes 40,000...................

Golden temple is just in the central part of the gurudawara complex...............if someone looks around it many other shrines are present which tells about history................which tells about how many times Golden temple was attacked .

and people are worried about our marriage act.

Lame excuse coming from you. I dont need to google quickly as i already studied few years back what is Anand Marriage act when it was abolished why Sikhs demanding it and how Indians are not willing to revive it.

Sikhs are not demanding this out of blue. it was something part of their personal laws which was abolished by India and imposed Hindu Marriage law on them.

what harm it is going to inflict if their demand is accepted ????? it is nothing new which is asked by them its something which was snatched by you :)

That is upto court, there's a case going on in this regard.

Indians members shouldn't blame Pakistan and Pakistani members should stop shedding croc tears. It works both ways.

If pointing out wrong is shedding tears then be it :) .

above all NO rule asks us that Pakistanis should not debate it. just like no Rule stops Bharatis from debating any issue relating to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom