What's new

Make Mumbai Second Capital of India

Not at all, India shouldn't put all it's eggs in one basket................
Leaving Delhi as the Political capital, while being the second largest city by GDP provides a necessary countermagnet........
Making Mumbai a capital, would imbalance the urban emmigration status

Yes it is..but some intolerant, insecure and people with parochial mentality like yourself are spoiling it's image

Expected that.

I'm not a Maharashtrian, but a recent migrant myself from South India.

So please, I can see the issue from an objective pov.

And no other city, will still be welcoming as Mumbai, with so much people coming from the trainloads.

No one would be as patient as the Mumbaikars on seeing their city overrun by migrants and that too a city already bursting at its seams.

Expected that.

I'm not a Maharashtrian, but a recent migrant myself from South India.

So please, I can see the issue from an objective pov.

And no other city, will still be welcoming as Mumbai, with so much people coming from the trainloads.

No one would be as patient as the Mumbaikars on seeing their city overrun by migrants and that too a city already bursting at its seams.

You never replied to me on the earlier thread 43% migration to Mumbai is from other parts of Maharashtra, shouldn't these so called 'take the law in your hand at the drop of the hat' sena(s) go around bashing them, why only poor North Indians?

India is for Indians, there are people who follow the law of the land and there are those who don't, constitution of India guarantees Right to move and work in any part of India, and Mumbai or for the fact any part of India is not property of some community or other

New York, London and even Tokyo migration happens everywhere and all big cities are suppose to be cosmopolitan that's is why they are big, heck the only super power on the planet is called land of migrants but sadly instead of improving on infrastructure (build up of Navi Mumbai is an exception) people like you tend to have a crap parochial, frog in the well mentality where you pitch Indians against Indians

Then after that ,
Make chennai the third capital
Hyderabad the fourth,
Kolkata the fifth .........heh :lol:

make Hyderabad 2nd capital. Awsome place. Weather is bad though. India ke centre me bhi hai. ;)

I am not sure what to comment on the topic but Delhi is rightly the capital of India and we must not get into making 2nd,3rd or 4th capital.

I have lived all across India and Delhi is by far the best city i liked.People are far more welcoming than anywhere else and it is rightly called dil walon ki Dilli

Actually Pakistanis have the experience of shifting the capital from Karachi to Islamabad. Maybe they can throw some light on pros and cons of the same

not going to happen. strongest political lobby is based in Rajadhani and Uttar Pradesh. They will not let that happen.

I will say Delhi is fine as a capital and mumbai is already like a second capital.But Mumbai is very small and is highly congested. It will require billions of rupees to move the capital to mumbai or make it a second one.Moreover, it is almost certain to submerge in Indian ocean as the sea levels rise. So it is as absurd an idea as was to change the name of Uttaranchal to Utrtarakhand where crores of rupees were wasted for nothing.

BTW,Where will the Rajdhani Express run from if mumbai is made the second capital?

Why this kolaveri di?

As if India is developed country and does not have any new projects to spend money.

We are already reeling under a bad economic crisis and do not need any further wastage of money which will increase fiscal and budget deficit.

So No thanks

Guys isnt it perfect ? North India (Delhi) is the political capital , west india (mumbai) is the financial capital , south india (Bangalore) is the IT and technology capital and Eastern India ... Oh well :tongue:

Guys isnt it perfect ? North India (Delhi) is the political capital , west india (mumbai) is the financial capital , south india (Bangalore) is the IT and technology capital and Eastern India ... Oh well :tongue:

well Kolkata is our cultural capital..

I will say Delhi is fine as a capital and mumbai is already like a second capital.But Mumbai is very small and is highly congested. It will require billions of rupees to move the capital to mumbai or make it a second one.Moreover, it is almost certain to submerge in Indian ocean as the sea levels rise. So it is as absurd an idea as was to change the name of Uttaranchal to Utrtarakhand where crores of rupees were wasted for nothing.

BTW,Where will the Rajdhani Express run from if mumbai is made the second capital?

Bombay and pune will have to converge in the lines of NCR.

Back
Top Bottom