What's new

Make Mumbai Second Capital of India

Stupid suggestion Delhi is the capital of India with all the infrastructure that goes along with such a position already in place. The costs of moving the capital would be immense and utterly unessercary. Mumbai is NYC and Delhi is Washington- Delhi and Washington aren't as vibrant as NYC or Mumbai but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be capitals. What utter lunacy.

Naming it something or something, hardly makes a difference.

I think Anil Ambani group was a wrong choice for handing over the Mumbai Metro project... Anyway, leave alone that line, Mumbai transportation (both roads and Metro) needs a lot of investment.

This is what it more important. Mumbai is already a key finacial center.. but we need to boost it to be able to rival Singapore.

For that, the city infra needs to be improved a huge lot ... and we need to further liberalise the financial sector.

Delhi is fine . Mumbai is financial capital . Both will receive first phase of ABM installed soon :D. Doesnt make a difference .

capital or not but mumbai is just as important as delhi.........economy wise it even beat everycity in india....

I thought Canberra was the only National Capital of Australia :confused:

‘Stagnant, non-inspirational,dull and orthodoxy’ are the characteristics of national capitals be it Delhi, Beijing, Washington or Canberra while the financial centres are polar opposite like Mumbai, Shanghai, New York and Sydney [Just my PPOV]

So there's nothing special in case of Delhi and Mumbai :whistle:

Nope not in that sense, When there were discussions as whether Sydney or Melbourne should be Australia's capital, Neither side want to give up, So they choose a neutral place! Canberra is just a political capital! To my knowledge(may be I am wrong) There is nothing special there!

Shifting capital involves moving/building thousands of related offices to already congested Mumbai... suicidal ...

No. As far as I know nobody got beaten up for being outsider. A capital will be for everybody, not marathi manhoos only.

Mumbai is by far, the most accomodating city to outsiders with such limited resources.

Any city that encounters such huge influx of migrants as Mumbai would be already up in arms against them - but mumbai is still welcoming.

Salute the spirit of Mumbai.

Mumbai is by far, the most accomodating city to outsiders with such limited resources.

Any city that encounters such huge influx of migrants as Mumbai would be already up in arms against them - but mumbai is still welcoming.

Salute the spirit of Mumbai.

Yes it is..but some intolerant, insecure and people with parochial mentality like yourself are spoiling it's image

There is no need of a second of third capital.

But, India needs to shift its capital from Delhi to central India like Chattisgarh as it will lead to the development of that area and present capital Delhi is too close to the border.

As far as the idea is concerned, its trash :tdown:
Mumbai has its place as financial capital in India, and already pulls all the strings in economic matters, just like New York does to Washington !!

Back
Top Bottom