What's new

Make Gilgit-Baltistan the fifth province of Pakistan

Its pretty ironic that the people of Gilgit Baltistan are also part of "Kashmir" when they are as Kashmiri as a Punjabi or Pakhtun is. Really they have their own languages, own culture, own traditions. I am all for making GB a 5th province.

For all intensive purposes GB is already a province of Pakistan, it is integral territory of Pakistan.

Thats wonderful!!..we think the same about J&K and India.

Its pretty ironic that the people of Gilgit Baltistan are also part of "Kashmir" when they are as Kashmiri as a Punjabi or Pakhtun is. Really they have their own languages, own culture, own traditions. I am all for making GB a 5th province.
Thats better it will solve kashmir issue once and for all we dont have not much problem in recognising loc as ib

GB was historically a seperate country a kingdom or an emirate ruled by the royal house of Hunza... the people cultural and ethnically arent kashmiri... infact they have more in common with the uighurs than the kashmiris......... also a point to be noted here is tht the people of GB consider themselves Pakistanis and are as patriotic as they get also GB province has the highest literacy rate in all of Pakistan...Also there have been several attempts n protests by the people to be recognized as a part of Pakistan... GoP should make Gilgit-Baltistan a province constitutionally considering it already has a Govnr...

GB was historically a seperate country a kingdom or an emirate ruled by the royal house of Hunza... the people cultural and ethnically arent kashmiri... infact they have more in common with the uighurs than the kashmiris......... also a point to be noted here is tht the people of GB consider themselves Pakistanis and are as patriotic as they get also GB province has the highest literacy rate in all of Pakistan...Also there have been several attempts n protests by the people to be recognized as a part of Pakistan... GoP should make Gilgit-Baltistan a province constitutionally considering it already has a Govnr...
historically it might have been seperate from kashmir but sadly for you un resolution regard it as a part of kashmir dispute

Absolutely this is a very good initiative and one thats been on hold for quite some time !

How does absorbing GB in Pakistan, Ladakh and Jammu in India and combining both Pakistani and Indian Administered Kashmir into one as an international territory modelled around what was proposed for Jerusalem in '47 sounds like ?

considering the amount of hostility we both share with eachother it is impossible to do that with kashmir

should have done long time ago
Done what? Make gb a province and thereby give away your claim on indian kashmir or made entire kashmir international territory?

On Kashmir : How does absorbing GB in Pakistan, Ladakh and Jammu in India and combining both Pakistani and Indian Administered Kashmir into one as an international territory modelled around what was proposed for Jerusalem in '47 sounds like ?

What exactly is going to happen to Kashmir as an international territory? I frankly have no idea what the Jerusalem plan was, mind enlightening me?

Many of the people of GB are an Aryan Muslim people like the Kashmiris and rightfully belong to Pakistan. Their loyalties are also to Pakistan, they are the North Pakistanis, their support in 1947 operations was remarkable.

1987649_f520.jpg

Gilgit man, the flag bearer.

^ Thanks for the Info.

Personally I don't endorse such plan because I believe it can only create more problems for both countries and the Kashmiris. It sounds somewhat smooth in theory, but it's not going to be easy to implement it.

There should be a better way to end this dispute, in a way it doesn't affect Pakistan.
This jugular vein of ours is too important to let go like this...

^ Thanks for the Info.

Personally I don't endorse such plan because I believe it can only create more problems for both countries and the Kashmiris. It sounds somewhat smooth in theory, but it's not going to be easy to implement it.

There should be a better way to end this dispute, in a way it doesn't affect Pakistan.
This jugular vein of ours is too important to let go like this...

You know what...I think you're right ! It really isn't a workable solution after all !

P.S This jugular vein is choking the rest of the body, namely, Pakistan !

Kashmir issue is not choking Pakistan, this is patently false, it's important we get our facts right and realize the underlying cause is poor governance, law and order issue, and lack of public activeness. Even if Kashmir didn't exist Pakistan would still be in the imbroglio it is in today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom