What's new

Major Shift: Pakistan Army's Green Book 2012-13

Xestan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There are reports about the Army's Green Book being published, which has been now sent to the Operational commanders.

There are reports that the Green Book came with a lot of surprises. Army has decided to shift its priorities.

Major points that I came to know about the Green Book:

1. Pakistan Army now considers internal war as the biggest threat to the National Security.

2. There's a shift of concentration from Eastern borders to the western front.

I'll update as I get to know more. Members are requested to update in this thread regarding any information about the Green Book.

Edit: The News reports

Internal threats greatest risk: Pak Army

RAWALPINDI: Changing operational priorities after 11 years, the Pakistan Army has termed internal threats as the greatest danger to the country's security, Geo News reported Wednesday.

The paradigm shift in Pakistan military's operational priorities has come to the fore in a 'Green Book' containing the ideology of Pak Army.

Well It seams Likely , I read that news yesterday 8 PM on BBC , According to it Indeed a Green Book has been Published but they are using extra words like "Major Shift" and "11 years" .

I mean to say that the Western Media main focus point is that from 2001 up till now Pakistan Army has not been that Serious in War against the terrorism , according to them mentioning of western front more then of eastern border in Pakistan Green Book shows that India is not "Enemy number one" anymore is the proof that Pakistan Army is Serious in that point of view.

Actually Green Book of Pakistan is a very special Document for Army it is their Book of Idealogy
It is Published with some years gap And bears a special Focusing Title every time like 2010 with focus on the Cold start doctrine.
Now in light of Recent events like invading of US in Abbottabad for Usama without Pakistan Notice , Salasa Choki Attack, Pak vs Afghan Border tensions, terrorists in that area (with indian Toys), Attacks on PAF bases ;Pakistan Army Doctrian have Focus on this more then ever

The main Objective is to SafeGuard Pakistan equally from Both sides eastern or western, And talking of "Major Shift" by media printing of this Document does'nt mean that Army has just Shifted or something like that It is more like making Pak Army Motives more Clear to those terrorists

Well It seams Likely , I read that news yesterday 8 PM on BBC , According to it Indeed a Green Book has been Published but they are using extra words like "Major Shift" and "11 years" .

I mean to say that the Western Media main focus point is that from 2001 up till now Pakistan Army has not been that Serious in War against the terrorism , according to them mentioning of western front more then of eastern border in Pakistan Green Book shows that India is not "Enemy number one" anymore is the proof that Pakistan Army is Serious in that point of view.

Actually Green Book of Pakistan is a very special Document for Army it is their Book of Idealogy
It is Published with some years gap And bears a special Focusing Title every time like 2010 with focus on the Cold start doctrine.
Now in light of Recent events like invading of US in Abbottabad for Usama without Pakistan Notice , Salasa Choki Attack, Pak vs Afghan Border tensions, terrorists in that area (with indian Toys), Attacks on PAF bases ;Pakistan Army Doctrian have Focus on this more then ever

The main Objective is to SafeGuard Pakistan equally from Both sides eastern or western, And talking of "Major Shift" by media printing of this Document does'nt mean that Army has just Shifted or something like that It is more like making is Clear to those terrorista

:lol:This is why now people with knowledge call the western media as tabloid media and their news papers as comic books:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All professional organizations carry out periodic SWOT analysis.

There is no doubt that internal issues are taking precedence over external threats & this applies not to Pakistan alone.

WELL it was expected as internal threats are posing major danger to our sovereignty and security ...
they are targeting both the military and civil targets and are spreading sectarianism inside our country so we need to counter all such threats with a pilot plan and positive attitude , along with strong will.

Yes you got off to an early start in 2001

See how far it's taken you :lol

One attack in 11 years...

After 9/11, not a SINGLE American died on American soil at the hands of terrorists....

Great job done by homeland security, CIA, and U.S military.

It took Pakistan Army 11 years to realize that internal security is the biggest challenge to national security?

Well, better late than never.

Thats exactly not the case as both internal and external security are interrelated. Things become more clear when external hands are found to be involved in the internal security threats as well.
In short one may assume that Pak Army now plans to reveal the enemy at Home and then go for its External Cords...

One attack in 11 years...

After 9/11, not a SINGLE American died on American soil at the hands of terrorists....

Great job done by homeland security, CIA, and U.S military.

Yup very Good Job Done by them ,very Efficiently they seem to have turned them against Pakistan whatsoever....

Absolutely . How many terrorist attacks have you seen on U.S. soil after 9/11 ??

im glad you asked that question.....and i wish i addressed it earlier

US has been and always will be relatively safer; whereas our region saw major upsurge in turmoil given mismanagement of Afghan war - and a distraction in Iraq (nonexistant WMDs)

Seems that good sense has finally prevailed on PA's doctrine makers! India was never a threat to Pakistan, but the PA generals had thought it expedient to keep India as enemy number one, a clear and present danger and a major threat which needless to say, was one was the most effective ways to get a huge chunk of Pakistan's budget diverted towards 'defence' against India.

Back
Top Bottom