What's new

Major operation launched against Maoists, 1,000 troops in Bastar jungles

Naxals are our own people. We should use only limited force and take out their leadership.

nothing going to happen in this operation. the same type ops happened in past in my state odisha. they only found some deshi pistols, vintage rifles. everyday when we read odia daily we found "police ne charo taraf se gher liya hai iss jungle ko. 400/500 maobadi usme phase hain." after completion of ops it found out that only 1/2 maoist were killed. all fled away. but how if they were cordoned from every corner.

nothing going to happen in this operation. the same type ops happened in past in my state odisha. they only found some deshi pistols, vintage rifles. everyday when we read odia daily we found "police ne charo taraf se gher liya hai iss jungle ko. 400/500 maobadi usme phase hain." after completion of ops it found out that only 1/2 maoist were killed. all fled away. but how if they were cordoned from every corner.

Always..the general personnel cannot chase these fellows into the jungles to fight them. But we end up killing the leaders very often.,,but the mid-lings keep escaping. That's why the Cobras got set up as a force which could last as long as the naxals in an op in the foliage.

Perhaps you didn't see the answers given out clearly.

You want details:-

The naxals are facing the CRPF, the reserve police force.
Their tactics are limited to:-

1) They will never stand and fight for the fear of getting outflanked. They will draw the regular personnel into the foliage and take them in deeper where drone recon is useless.

2) They have a very good HUMINT network to their credit and can generally outmaneuver the general area dominance parties sent after them.

3) They can out endure the common reserve police personnel as well.

4) With reference to booby-traps, they've used elephant pits and some nasty improvised kinetic traps..but those have run out of favor since the jawans on the ground are proficient at evading them. They have switched to covering a homemade pressure mine with a casualty so as to target first responders or evac personnel, that's the new flavor.

5) Faced with the CRPF Cobra they are generally forced to stand and fight since they cannot pull them in a chase..the Cobras can operate within the jungles just as long as any naxal group or "action-tukdi".

As to your wondering of what will happen, the same that happened in 06 and 08, plenty of naxals will die..leaders specially..we'll have a period of relative peace for 2 years and then the cycle will start up again albeit weaker than before..rinse and repeat.

Nice analysis.

Short and to the point.

The bit on the pressure mine was interesting and clever on their part.

If they are trying to run, then for them injuries are more important than deaths because that will slow their pursuers down.

Nice analysis.

Short and to the point.

The bit on the pressure mine was interesting and clever on their part.

IMO its just as bad as a pit filled witch feces smeared stakes.

Sigh..when will these people learn that you cannot fight money. Their lands are already lost to them..maybe they shall see sense before we are forced to kill them all. Its overwhelmingly sad.

This time Naxals have bitten way more than they can chew.Time to revive Salwa Judam once more.

Many Maoists and their sympthasisers would be killed like dogs to extract the info about whereabouts of their leaders, which may go unreported .Kill at least 1000 maoists to instill fear in them, so that they don't dare to pull off something like this in magnitude.

:hitwall: The north east doesn't have naxals..it has ULFAs...poor sods who are being killed by the Burmese who we've contracted to do the deed.

Chhattisgarh and Andhra are central-south eastern states.

Andhra is free from Naxals now.

Courtesy:: Grey Hounds.

Always..the general personnel cannot chase these fellows into the jungles to fight them. But we end up killing the leaders very often.,,but the mid-lings keep escaping. That's why the Cobras got set up as a force which could last as long as the naxals in an op in the foliage.

No mate as i know those ops were combined op of police and crpf. They did dozens of op like this and came back bare handed. But i agree now police getting more intelligence, better prepared and getting all the support from the govt. That's why in my state they were arrested in huge numbers and 100s of maoists surrendered and living peaceful life away from maoist affected area.

No mate as i know those ops were combined op of police and crpf. They did dozens of op like this and came back bare handed. But i agree now police getting more intelligence, better prepared and getting all the support from the govt. That's why in my state they were arrested in huge numbers and 100s of maoists surrendered and living peaceful life away from maoist affected area.

crpf and police are at an equal footing..I was referring to embedded grey hounds in Andhra and some Cobra ops. Its better when they surrender. Oh yes there are many ops where no result is achieved since the naxals just melt into the foliage but often they get trapped too..then a blood-bath ensues. But enough of my soft pussyfooting. They've gone against the writ of the state..death is the wage they are to earn..now and in the future.

@RazPaK Pakistan recently experienced its Vietnam in the jungles of Tirah valley.
Pakistan will also soon experienced what the Soviets experienced in Afghanistan in Central Kurram agency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom