What's new

Made in India Vehicles

AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN PRESENTING THE CONCEPT BIKE...!!!

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle_Auto_Expo.jpg

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle_Front.jpg

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle_Instrumentation.jpg

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle.jpg

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle_Wheels.jpg

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle__Rear.jpg

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle_Auto_Expo.jpg

MIND BLOWING SECS

Mahindra_Concept_Motorcycle_Specifications.jpg

Bump in the middle ... 4 wot ... hehe ... maybe 4 'right-sizing' balls ... busting etc. yeah ... re: corrupt roads of our dear Indo-Pak ... so sorry to say. :cheers:

:eek:OMG..Is that true.. I mean with 124cc engine they are providing
1 59 HP (More than that of Maruiti 800)
2 Top speed of 245 (More than Pulasr 220)
Whats is this:eek::blink:

I hope Tata Prima comes out of the concept stage.

varghese-albums-pics-picture3541-tata-prima.jpg

Good look at the Prima

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Bajaj Chetaks are History.BTW, LML Still produces Vespa NV 4 Stroke and 2 Stroke Scootters.They Looks Really Retro!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont indian men feel ashamed riding scooters?
no pun... its just embarassing dont u think?

Dont indian men feel ashamed riding scooters?
no pun... its just embarassing dont u think?

We are still largely middle class and a set of wheels costing 35K Rs getting one to work and prosper is not looked at as embarrassing in India! Don't know and don't really care what some people would think about it..it gets the job done! Bajaj Super and Chetak scooters were vehicles most of India owned in the 90s. I still don't understand the embarrassment you are talking about?

As I said the scooters were the wheels that got the middle class in India around. When Indians hit the age of 25..they look to shape their career and think less about how to get a glance from a girl we don't even know...your comment kinda gets a perspective of how people think in both the countries..don't you agree?

Originally Posted by Pakistani Nationalist
"Dont indian men feel ashamed riding scooters?
no pun... its just embarassing dont u think? "

You have a point, though a scooter is only a vehicle.
But on the other hand; many girls/women in India nowadays ride bikes, i've even seen them astride Enfield Bullet 350s.
Can somebody put up some pictures!

We are still largely middle class and a set of wheels costing 35K Rs getting one to work and prosper is not looked at as embarrassing in India! Don't know and don't really care what some people would think about it..it gets the job done! Bajaj Super and Chetak scooters were vehicles most of India owned in the 90s. I still don't understand the embarrassment you are talking about?
As I said the scooters were the wheels that got the middle class in India around. When Indians hit the age of 25..they look to shape their career and think less about how to get a glance from a girl we don't even know...your comment kinda gets a perspective of how people think in both the countries..don't you agree?

Scooters are for girls! cant u guy a bike for 35000?
Pakistan has a larger middle class then india.... but u dont see scooters here except women riding using them...

Abt prospective... dont know pal... im 20, i own a toyota vigo, a prado and a corolla 2.OD,(Actually my dad owns em..)

Scooters are for girls! cant u guy a bike for 35000?
Pakistan has a larger middle class then india.... but u dont see scooters here except women riding using them...

Abt prospective... dont know pal... im 20, i own a toyota vigo, a prado and a corolla 2.OD,(Actually my dad owns em..)

Scooters were very popular in the 80s and 90s and not as much since the bikes have better fuel capacity. Who told you scooters are for women? I'm a petrol head an would love to own a vespa or a lambretta from the 70s vintage to accompany my Herald and Wyvern!

This link should give you a better idea

The current preponderance for Bajaj motorcycles over scooters was not always the case. Bajaj scooters were once ubiquitous symbols of Indian social status. In particular the Chetak - an immensely popular model originally based off of Vespa designs before Bajaj developed an in-house version - couldn’t be made fast enough to meet demand.

Multiple reports in the Indian media have decried the loss of the Bajaj scooter brand and its nostalgic association with middle class mobility. Most reports point to improved economic conditions and new Indian prosperity as the reason for Bajaj’s scooter decline, with a corresponding shift in taste from utilitarian scooters to motorcycles and automobiles.
Bajaj Scooters to End Production - Scooter Industry News - Motorcycle USA

A lot of Indians here do not know but the first car to be ever designed in India was the Standard Gazel. It was designed by an Indian Muslim by name, Nasir Hussein. It had a short life span from 71-77 and was based on the immensely popular standard herald. It was based on the MK111 which was again designed by Nasir as a 4 door sedan, the MK2 and MK1(which I proudly own) were 2 door models.

2074533966_271f07c207.jpg

Another interesting tidbit. Mahindra and Mahindara was formed in 46 as "Mahindra & Mohammed", after independence Malik Ghulam Mohammed moved to Pakistan to become their first finance minister. Post 47, the Mahindra brothers took over and "Mahindra and Mahindra" was born.

Back
Top Bottom