What's new

Made in India Vehicles

I had been lookin for a willy...... found it........ but cant decide coz its open(and useless sometimes.......if u know wat i mean)........ so now i got a 95 civic....... im customising it into somthin like this:
2h5soyx.jpg

My other vehicles include:
Toyota vigo
Prado
Toyota corolla GLI
suzuki siera
.....................................................................................................

Any suggestions?

Nice collection.
Paisewala PAPA!
That is always helpful!

In Pakistan nobdy buys it.... it has no resale value either............ I suggest buy a toyota vigo or a sufi instead.

What I would really like is a Land Rover but that's too expensive so this is the next best thing for me. And obviously second hand if I can find it.

toyota-fj-cruiser.jpg

2011-toyota-fj-cruiser.jpg

Get one of these badboys! I just booked one for myself today:D Should get it a weeks time. Its time to move on from the two door coupes.

I owned a jeep rubicon.........used it for hunting...... sold it.

Awesome jeep!

Thanks for the info. re: Pajero. I was a mis-guided all my life and a blind Pajero fan because Pajero's were Pak # 1 choice. After all Pak had access to foreign maal Vs. India with old time clunkers. This in the good old bad days, very bad. :taz:

See, city ppl. in India and most no-tax agri. places like Punjab, Haryana, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Western UP .... basically everywhere except parts of Bihar, East UP ... and some tribal areas all over, vehicle ownership is now possible.

That leaves us the richer areas which are more like Pakistan. Think Punjab, Haryana, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Western UP, Maha, Andra, Malabar, Calcutta, Madras etc. Between property price boom, white collar job boom and pvt. banking sector giving out vehicle loans; ppl. don't think of prices in lakhs but monthly payments of couple of thousands, as in PAk. The magic is that between a retired father, 2 brother's or 2 sister's, or a mix, and maybe some farm or rental income, monthly payments of 2500-5,000 for a vehicle are possible for middle class Indians for the 1'st time. Basically a family put together can easily afford a vehicle on their monthly payment plan, depends on the vehicle. I'm not talking car's only. Motorcycles (albeit tinny ones) and scooters are # 1, 3-wheelers and mini trucks are #2 & #3 in poorer areas The rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is a myth re: developing countries. The real boom in emerging countries is in the 'grey' economy. It's opposite is true in developed places where the state is all powerful.

The key difference is that 2 generations of Indians, father's and grand-father's, put up with made-in India un-affordable, dangerous and 'cut-paste' maal. Vespa, Lambretta, Yezdi, Jawa, Fiat, Ambassador, Matador, etc.

As this economic phenomenon spreads, Indians have turned into world's biggest consumers of vehicles for business reasons. , the recreational user market also expands. Everything is super sized given the 1.2 Billion marketplace.

It's a self - fulfilling cycle. The more the demand from the bottom, ... maybe not ok, so the more the demand from the 1 or 2 before the bottom-of-the-pyramid, the more the demand from the top end. The cycle drives more factories, more suppliers and more competition. Things gets cheaper and better for everyone.

No wonder the players in the Indian market run the world's biggest factories be it Bajaj, Hero Honda, TVS, Maruti-Suzuki, Tata or the new transnationals like GM, Ford, Hyundai, Fiat, VW.

For eg., in the Coal belt region of India where most coal mines are govt. owned, 1 can pay a pittance in bribe and take as much coal as 2 hands and a bicycle will allow for sale in the next market. This will make you a couple of dollars a day. Bicycles (Inida has many of the world's largest bicycle factories) are cheap and can even be rented at a daily rate, but the real kicker is 'motorised' battery run bicycle which can quadruple sales/per diem.
So even nominal and recreational technology is having a disruptive and discontinuous effect in the poorest parts. This is the eco-system Pakistan should also aim for. I wonder about CNG fishing boats in Pak. What will happen when same convert to electric or battery powered propulsion, PAkistan is famous for it's water resources.

:undecided:

PHP:
Today, 'Made-in-India' denotes quality products @ competitive prices.

May I pls. solicit response to above and ask what ppl. in this thread think?

After all Pak public been with better foreign car's for longer than India, Pak have better roads cheaper oil too.

Tata, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, Force & Bajaj also have a rugged, home-grown image, whatever the truth versus the trans-national Corp.'s who often palm off less than latest designs on Indians at higher cost's than in the West.

But how imp. is price Vs. Value vs. Prestige in Pak? Can the venerable public, the 'Common Man' afford a Jap/Korean K car or mini sub-compact like the Suzuki's & Hyundai's and some Tata's in India.

Also, what ppl. think about this Mahindra Ingenio, any good 4 the sub-continent @ 5 Lakh?

mahindra_genio_1.jpg

(c) http://www.vicky.in/images/cars/mahindra/genio/mahindra_genio_1.jpg

For laughs, here's what Mahindra has been peddling in India for dog yrs. below, you see them doing gas cylinder-newspaper-chicken & egg runs S. Asian style all over the country-side, while ... hehe ... after that is Jeep future concept :what:.

Mahindra @ Rs. 3.5 Lakh Vs. Jeep ... hehe ... New Concept @ Rs. 50 Lakh 4 Egypt Army ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

72616d1227292591-my-mm540xd-upgrade-mahindra-pickup-truck.jpg
images

Colonial brothers, wotsay?

Well done re: above :enjoy: !

Except for the large military trucks with the vertical slats or slits, I've seen the other vehicles posted herein, don't remember where though.

On a diff. note, my birthplace Canada is 1/10'th of our giant neighbour the US. We got along fine with the US. I noticed that Pakistan is also 1/10'th of it's giant neighbour the India. If only Pak & India could be like Canada US.

Unlike Pak though, Canada had an early start with industrialisation thanks to it's other neighbour across the 'pond', the UK! Neighbouring US has been very helpfull with providing a giant market, often also a problem like in sabotaging our homegrown fighter jet the Avro Arrow, the world's best for it's time and hijacking much of our motor vehicle industry.

In comparison, Pak. has scaled up very well vis-a-vis India given, like US Vs. Canada, Pak Vs. India may really boil down to Pak. Vs. Maharashtra or Uttar Pradesh only. Vehicle industry wise, and industrialisation wise, Pak. started off with Karachi which would be comparable to Kanpur or Pune back in the day. So today's upcoming Mumbai Pune corridor in Maharashtra; or Lucknow-Kanpur corridor is comparable to Karachi-Lahore corridor. I can specially see the parallels between the Pak. vehicle industry and the UP vehicle industry. At least 3 Co.'s, Scooter's India Lts., Lohia Motor Co. & Daewoo India have gone belly up after many-many yrs. of ho-hum survival. There are some MNC assembly shops in Noida, Gr. Noida and Tata's in Lucknow methinks. Shockingly, no tractor and farm implement plants that I know of given UP is a lilttle less than Pak. Punjab of course, 1 of the most fertile areas Globally!

Obviously Mumbai-Pune is ahead and Lucknow-Kanpur behind. So Karachi-Lahore is comfortably in the middle of India's top and somewhat bottom corridors. Other's maybe the Calcutta-Durgapur or Delhi-Jaipur, Ludhiana-Jallandher, Madras-Bangalore or Hyderabad-Whatever Corridor.

Given the nominal start Pak. had and adjusting for the water & land related wealth of Punjab and Sindh plus the resources of Balochistan, Pakistan's industrial development has been greater than India's, but could have been much better given the lack of population pressure, food/water or lack thereof related diseases and poverty. Is it war's, military, Afghanistan, feudalism, or bad politicians ? Sad ;(

Re: above post, somone pls. tell me that AL is doing a civvie version of that last jeep type vehicle, the Jonga slot is vacant in the market as the Co. ... shat or something, sorry dunno what's up with the Jabalpur Ordnance factory.

Sorry if off-topic, this was on my mind for some time :cool: .

:offtopic:

I couldn't help posting. Word is 'off-roading'; no doubt induced by cheap Army, Police & forces re-sale Mahindra's & Suzuki Jeeps, cheap spares, plenty of 'mistry's' and of course opportunity, is catching on specially in NRI areas of Punjab and Malabar. The 2'nd vid post is a gr8 idea, should be hit in Pak. too. 3'rd vid is not a joke, quite scary actually.

Pind Shtyle Mahindra Off-Roading
--------------------------------------

City Slick Same-Same
-------------------------

Scary- Elephant Attack in Mahindra
-----------------------------------------

(c) All youtube re: embedded url's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom