What's new

Made in India Vehicles

The new Golf is growing on me. I didn't like it when it first came out.

This model will always be my favourite though.

13693-2004-Volkswagen-Golf-R32.jpg

The pixel looks very much like a nano. Is it a variant?

Tata Motors has just shown the world that we’re not far behind where automotive technology is concerned. I just read on Moneylife that they’ve showcased their brand new concept car, the Pixel at the prestigious 81st Geneva Motor Show. This car is based on the Nano platform and can comfortably seat four adults. The Pixel has a 1.2 litre, 3 cylinder turbo charged diesel engine at the rear of the car and has a low friction design which features various technologies such as variable coolant and oil pump and rapid warm-up. The Pixel also gives great mileage at 3.4 l/100km and CO2 emissions of just 89g/km.

For European eyes only?

But that’s not all, as this car has a few more tricks up its sleeve. The technology behind driving the Pixel is its USP. It has this new technology called Zero Turn toroidal traction-drive infinitely variable transmission (IVT which allows the car to be maneuvered and parked really easily. While the front wheels can turn at really fine angles, the outer rear wheel rotates forward and the inner rear wheel backwards. The turning radius is just an amazing 2.6 metres. The car also has a single scissor door on either side which makes it a lot easier for passengers to get in and out.

The Pixel does seem like quite an ingenious vehicle and looks way better than the current Nano, but Tata has their sights set on making this a European release. There’s no saying when this car will be made available to the public.

Tata Showcases the Pixel at Geneva Motor Show 2011 > News on General General > Tech2.com India

I like the name "Tata Pixel". Sounds retro yet nerdy at the same time. Is Tata planning on exporting this? I can see this fill the gap in the market for that first car, especially in the West.

The doors (when open) look like they take up a lot of space. Will this fit in an indoor car park?

This is just a concept and also rumored to be for the European market. However, by September we will get a dieselized Nano in India that could give upto 40KMPL!

This is just a concept and also rumored to be for the European market. However, by September we will get a dieselized Nano in India that could give upto 40KMPL!

Looks good! I hope they spare some for the domestic market too.

Hero Honda is planning to revolutionize market by bringing up a VFM Diesel Bike? I hope it isn't like those old lombardini powered Enfields with problem of vibrating :)
Hero Group Contemplating Diesel Motorcycles

--------xxxxxxxx------------

:hitwall: Forget Enfield diesels, that's baba-adam tech.

New diesel's are all over the place. Outboard motors is where diesel tech. has done really well, as well as rec. vehicles like ski & water scooter category.

I believe Germany, Canada, US, Japan lead while Korea, Italy and other EU, China, Brazil, Russia & India not too far behind in new diesel tech.
so plenty of tech. around.

So as Hero has just signed up with German-Canadian Magna-Steyr, there's no doubt in my mind about their business case. My former boss new Magna's boss Frank on 1'st name basis.

Magna is a auto parts supplier to BMW and other German car based US/Canada derivatives and more, basically a niche player. Like the Opel's re-badged by Ford or GM in the local market. Hero is a giant, mass market supplier in India.

Hero is cash rich and Magna is tech. rich. Therefore it's logical to conclude that Hero will put up the cash to or rent out a part of it's plants with Magna. The deal would be a royalty vs. buyback deal. :yahoo:

Sweeter if Hero can rope in Magna for investment so they can shift Magna small diesel manufacturing lines to India, and re: buyback deal with Magna, boost Magna's profit's re: lower cost of materials, design and of production in India. :smitten:

Future mein, Hero like it's rivals must get into micro vehicles like mini trucks, cars etc. That's where the diesels will pan out blockbusters.

Win-win!

Back
Top Bottom