What's new

LSP-8-maiden-flight-successful

Dude seriously...did you really expect the Mk-2 to pop out of nowhere and
fly before the last LSP of Mk-1 is in the air?

The LSP series is over with the 8th plane thats just flown. Next LCA to fly will
be the Series Production (SP)-1. Don't expect no Mk-2 Tejas to fly before 2015-2016.
Nope its not over yet....It will end with LSP 6....

For FOC is AoA 24 deg? Can anyone tell me when they gonna test AoA 24 deg? Since its written in this news that for LSP8 they have tested it at 20 deg only which is current design limit, So does it mean they will change the design? I think they are not testing LSP upto the full limit so may be 20 deg is not design limit, since design change could be a difficult task and delay the FOC a lot. @sancho

Last edited by a moderator:
We have so many Bangaloreans here living around HAL. Yet no Photo..?

For FOC is AoA 24 deg? Can anyone tell me when they gonna test AoA 24 deg? Since its written in this news that for LSP8 they have tested it at 20 deg only which is current design limit, So does it mean they will change the design? I think they are not testing LSP upto the full limit so may be 20 deg is not design limit, since design change could be a difficult task and delay the FOC a lot. @sancho

its Alpha 28, no problem, sukhoi-30MKI is 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope its not over yet....It will end with LSP 6....

Really !!!!!!!

I didn't knew that...:undecided: that means 14-15 more months for one more LSP ??

And some of the members are saying that they have already started producing the aircrafts, is it true ??

Finally, Tejas LSP-8 Takes Off

HAL Statement: The last aircraft in the Limited Series Production program of LCA-Tejas (LSP-08) took off on its maiden flight here today from HAL airport. The performance of the aircraft was flawless, said Dr. R. K.Tyagi, Chairman, HAL. The aircraft was flown covering a flight envelope at supersonic speeds and at an angle of attack of 20 degrees which is the current maximum limit cleared by design. With this, the Initial Operation Clearance (IOC) for the aircraft can be expected soon. Air Cmde K.A. Muthana, VSM, Program Director (Flight Test) piloted the aircraft on its maiden flight.

The aircraft with a build standard akin to the Initial Operation Clearance standard underwent series of rigorous checks by the certifying and inspecting agencies during the last fortnight with a few taxi checks to assess the aircraft performance. The flight clearance by the certifying agencies was accorded today for the aircraft after ensuring that all the aircraft systems were functioning satisfactorily on ground. Till now aircraft normally undergo high speed taxi trials prior to the first flight. However, with the confidence gained by the flight crew and the certifying agencies during the build and ground checks a decision was taken to proceed with first flight without going through a separate high speed taxi trial.

Aircraft systems related to fuel, environment condition, electrical and avionics which had undergone series of modifications based on feedback from earlier aircraft functioned well.

Livefist

For FOC is AoA 24 deg? Can anyone tell me when they gonna test AoA 24 deg? Since its written in this news that for LSP8 they have tested it at 20 deg only which is current design limit, So does it mean they will change the design?

According the Livefist report it says:

The aircraft was flown covering a flight envelope at supersonic speeds and at an angle of attack of 20 degrees which is the current maximum limit cleared by design.

Also it was reported that earlier prototypes achieved 22° and that with some updates of the FCS the FOC limits will be achieved, but now the full flight envelop should be able to be tested.

If I am not wrong, an aircraft gets FOC only after the AF tests it extensively. Wonder when will LCA get FOC since IAF will get it only after 2014.

According the Livefist report it says:

Also it was reported that earlier prototypes achieved 22° and that with some updates of the FCS the FOC limits will be achieved, but now the full flight envelop should be able to be tested.

I think they are taking additional precaution to open the flight envelop, may be any mishap at this stage can seriously put things backward. So it means they will open the full flight envelop between IOC and FOC only? I think they will test the full AOA only after testing most of the other subcomponents fully.
Also testing first time an aircraft is most difficult thing to do and time consuming. Since we don't have any previous data to guide, seems that's why things are moving very slowly. I think the test data generated by LCA will reduced the testing time a lot for the future jets. No one will ever share the testing data with us, so we will have to to get it by ourselves only.

I think they are taking additional precaution to open the flight envelop, may be any mishap at this stage can seriously put things backward. So it means they will open the full flight envelop between IOC and FOC only? I think they will test the full AOA only after testing most of the other subcomponents fully.
Also testing first time an aircraft is most difficult thing to do and time consuming. Since we don't have any previous data to guide, seems that's why things are moving very slowly. I think the test data generated by LCA will reduced the testing time a lot for the future jets. No one will ever share the testing data with us, so we will have to to get it by ourselves only.

If I remember correctly LSP 6 should have been used for high AoA tests, with a spinshute but not sure if that happend, or if they waited for more updates, but they will test it before the actual FOC tests of course.

If I remember correctly LSP 6 should have been used for high AoA tests, with a spinshute but not sure if that happend, or if they waited for more updates, but they will test it before the actual FOC tests of course.

I think they have been doing that for some time now with LSP-6, judging from the wording in this article from 2011:

Key Tejas weapon trials begin in Jaisalmer - The Hindu

While the sixth Limited Series Production (LSP-6) aircraft, designed with special features, continues to strive to attain a high angle of attack, indicating the aircraft's agility, LCA Prototype Vehicle-1 (PV1) is taking on some electronic warfare (EW) features.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom