What's new

Looking forward to strategic ties with India: China

Im sorry but that is just never gonna happen. Sure, better trade relations yadi yada. But if we are simply talking in strategic terms, then US will form a coalition which will comprise of US, India, South Korea, Japan, RUSSIA (yes, you heard me) to contain the rise of China. And if the US had some brains they would normalize relations and have a rapprochement with Iran and add it to that coalition, instead of wasting time with a bunch of useless gulf arabs, in order to contain China more in the Persian Gulf. Lets see if strategic thinking and rationale will prevail with the yanks.

I never understood why USA supports Arabs over Iranians. Iranians are much more modernity prone and peaceful people . I guess it's because of the Iranian regime and their attitude towards Israel.

I see this changing once Iran becomes a true democracy. I don't see it happening anytime in the near future though.

I have always maintained that India enjoys two significant advantages over China:
- Indians are much better at sales/marketing than Chinese are.
- English being the world's language helps India and hinders China.

Even, if it is true .... is it our problem?

Who's stopping chinese to be better at sales / marketing ??

Who's stopping them from learning English ??

The reason china is able to sell manufacture because they dig 50% of the world's coal .. and no nation (except china) wants the pollution generated by burning 50% of the coal in 2% of the world's land area.

I never understood why USA supports Arabs over Iranians. Iranians are much more modernity prone and peaceful people . I guess it's because of the Iranian regime and their attitude towards Israel.

I see this changing once Iran becomes a true democracy. I don't see it happening anytime in the near future though.

Well there is that, but that is not the main reason. If we are talking about soft power projection Iran is the strongest power in that region and rising. It has the population, strategic location, water and resources to be the dominant power of the region. The conditions are there.

As much as I dislike the Islamic Republic, it is not an irrational player. In fact, top US officials have said that Iran is not that ideological (it may appear that way given the media), but a rational actor that makes decisions that promotes Iranian state interests (rather than ideological ones) based on a cost-benefit approach. So IRI or democracy has has nothing to do with it, from a realist perspective, and in the grand scheme of things. We had a democracy until US and UK squashed it in 1953.

(Go 2:17)

But I do think that Iran will have to change their approach towards Israel if there is ever going to be a normalization between US-Iran. Not necessarily have relations with Israel or even recognize it, but rather being less confrontational and move towards a detente.
I think Israel, in the entity it exists in today, is on the trajectory of a total collapse (like Soviet Union and South Africa), so it wouldnt be in our strategic interest to have good relations with it.
However the Israel does still complicate the equation because of the powerful lobby in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with this.

Everything i wanted to say. India should not shy away from a partnership with the US.

I being saying this all along. But I was fiercely attacked by your countryman here. India should open up its bases for US military.

I being saying this all along. But I was fiercely attacked by your countryman here. India should open up its bases for US military.

By partnership, he meant US should open up its bases (such as Taiwan) to Indian military.

However, I would prefer that India has a partnership with china.. so that china opens up its bases to Indian military. :tup:

By partnership, he meant US should open up its bases to Indian military.

However, I would prefer that India has a partnership with china.. so that china opens up its bases to Indian military. :tup:

India certainly can try to station troops in the US once US need Indian help. But the situation is the other way around as of now. Look at the reality instead of chest thumping. India need US help more than the other way around.

As for Indian station troops in China, you are already doing that on the land claim by them. And just a week ago, they were station troops further into India, no?

India certainly can try to station troops in the US once US need Indian help. But the situation is the other way around as of now. Look at the reality instead of chest thumping. India need US help more than the other way around.

As for Indian station troops in China, you are already doing that on the land claim by them. And just a week ago, they were station troops further into India, no?

India really needs US right now.. to get a foothold in Taiwan.

Good for Taiwan too... dual security from US and India. :tup:

Didn't the fellow country men told you that we won't allow US Bases on our Land.....We don't you to preach us :bunny:

India really needs US right now.. to get a foothold in Taiwan.

Good for Taiwan too... dual security from US and India. :tup:

why would India worry about SCS if it need to worry about its own borders first. If China is threatening SE Asia or East Asia countries, no one be requesting India for help. They would be asking US for help. What India can provide is for US to station troops in India and pressure China from that direction. Indian troops can play the support role.

Didn't the fellow country men told you that we won't allow US Bases on our Land.....We don't you to preach us :bunny:

China only pick on countries that is not protected by US. Hence, they picked on you guys a few weeks back.

China only pick on countries that is not protected by US. Hence, they picked on you guys a few weeks back.

Don't worry.

There are mechanisms in place to handle such minor issues.

And means to handle more serious issues. Most of look at the Chin as distant people thousands of miles away, across mountains and the damned Gobi desert.

China is just not a serious issue, despite what you may have been led to believe.

I was having lunch with a Chinese visitor to my company throughout that minor episode. None of us cared about the issue.

why would India worry about SCS if it need to worry about its own borders first. If China is threatening SE Asia or East Asia countries, no one be requesting India for help. They would be asking US for help. What India can provide is for US to station troops in India and pressure China from that direction. Indian troops can play the support role.

India scared away china's tent, without mobilizing a single soldier... but that isn't helping Taiwan or Japan or SK or Phillipines or Vietnam.

Trust me, china's tents in SCS will be rolled back faster, if India and US combine hands in SCS.

C'mon, Taiwanese should urge US to do this.. shouldn't it?

This is an attitude that India would need to change. Do not associate stationing of American troops as an invasion.

I have never seen any other American ever insist on US stationing its troops in India.Its only you for some reason. Wonder what's the motivation.

Back
Top Bottom