What's new

Libya: Qaddhafi Violates Ceasefire, Foreign Forces Mount Attack

do you guys think maybe it would of been better

if china and russia vetoed this resolution.. to prevent this war????

oh.. your right...

the west, is really the global model for every country to aspire to... just be like them.... they are the "guardians" of this planet

hahahahha

are you even american?because your not even posting from the prospective of 1 by saying "they"

and your doing alot of china kissing

makes me wander:)

do you guys think maybe it would of been better

if china and russia vetoed this resolution.. to prevent this war????

Yes it would have. I certainly blame China for not doing its part in preventing more casualties.

I'm waiting till when cities are bombed and its justified by "Oh they had military defences near population areas so we had to bomb them".

well i respect china, for not voting for it... i think it would of seen some pressure from the west, and criticism for veto the resolution... so i think that is why they didn't vote..

and besides china has better things to do then worry about the King of Africa and his civil war...

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

that's all the west knows is "war"

as a indian , i am surprised...

Just know all the involved countries will have to create a unified stage to control Oil price. China has too much at stake not to do that. However, if it does that, it may have to cede to the demands of the US to raise the value of Yuan. If China does build its stockpile, then that will push the Oil price to new highs, weakening China's position in the US markets. Almost half of China's Oil comes from the Middle East. I also remember reading somewhere that China suspended newer approvals on nuclear facilities, after the Japan incident. So now you know what is at stake, and what is not, regarding China.

About India, the Oil price hike in itself is a nightmare, which, if forced on to the consumers, may bring in political instability. India does not even have other alternatives of energy, and the stockpile is almost nothing compared to China or the US. Almost completely dependent on import, India's economy will slow down considerably, if - there are any more protests in any Middle East kingdoms. The only good news for India are, no significant dependence on Oil imported from Libya, and a slight closing in the gap with China. Thankfully, India's economy is not as dependent on Oil as is that of China.

Now you see, why India just abstained. But why China did not veto, I can't figure out. About India, it is not easy to vote 'against' when so much is at stake for the US. Everything was decided and prepared in last week of Feb when the US quietly emptied its embassy before announcing it was going to throw in sanctions against Libya.

why did India not show fortitude on this? this is mass murder of thousands... did India not do the same for Bangladesh? you want a seat with the big boys then show the moral fortitude to do the right thing.

once again America to the rescue to avoid the slaughter of innocent Muslims ...

Its quite evident that the only way to impose a no-fly zone is to bomb the Libyan air defence systems which might or will also lead to collateral damage.

India did the right thing by abstaining from authorizing the use of force for imposition of no-fly zone.

This is not the right time to show your power.

With Arab league leaving everything to the UNSC, which in turn approved the no-fly zone, there is nothing much for India to say or do.

Best way is to wait and watch.

Note to Indian friends, your country abstained from voting in favour of a resolution that the entire humankind seems to think is right. Don't want to be seen as aggressors as a rising power, eh?

Why dont you ask the same question to China , Russia and Brazil?

The simple fact is US or Nato finds their vested interest in any of such millitary adventure in oil rich countries. The rest of the world simply can't accept it with intentions and adequate reasons not clearly open.

let me understand some of the Pakistanis here... you want the US to come in and meddle in Kashmir but not to stop the slaughter of thousands in Libya? you want America to pay dearly for killing two Pakistani citizens- but are OK with thousands of Muslims being slaughtered in Libya?

Back
Top Bottom