What's new

LEOPARD-2 Next Generation

If you think they developed all this and built it within 6 months you can. :)

Not exaxtly, the Upgrade is just bought from Rheinmetall. The only thing turkish i see on the tank is the machine gun weapons station.

Stabilized machine gun and fire control system was produced by Aselsan. Although armour purchased from a German company, it was designed by Turkish engineers. Aselsan has left among last 4 firms on Finland's A4 modernization tender with other 3 German firms. How can they join with Rheinmetal's solution to a tender? Also German officials who has participated to expo has accepted that it was a completely different solution from Germans'.

its a completely different solution to the a7 version wich is built by kmweg

this upgrade is done by rheinmetall

it was built in germany, optics are also the same as on the leopard revolution by rheinmetall, only that the turkish version lacks the grenade throwers

leopard2revolution.jpg

finnish upgrade deal will go to one of the 2 german companies since rheinmetall will simply deny the order of further upgrae packages to the turkish company

What's your point? I couldn't understand. At least you has accepted that it's a different solution which is designed by Aselsan. :welcome:
I think you should watch to Aselsan's upgrade video again.

Not exaxtly, the Upgrade is just bought from Rheinmetall. The only thing turkish i see on the tank is the machine gun weapons station.

:)

Did you smoke anything before posting this ?

ac63dc0d.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

fa80e2d8.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

48567bf8.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

491fbbf1.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

265abb10.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

48840f33.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

82856134.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

d355dff0.jpg

Hamtaro? Did you examine this upgrade system better? I'm waiting for your comments. (No offens, just curious about your thougths)

turkishmbt8luz4.jpg

The Turkish firm Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret is expected to conclude by current March the performance trials of its Leopard 2NG (Next Generation) main battle tank.

The Leopard 2 NG consist of a Kraus-Maffei Wegman (KMW) Leopard 2A4 main battle tank of the Turkish Land Forces Command (TLFC or in Turkish Türk Kara Kuvvetleri Komutanlığı-TKKK) upgraded with new advanced technologies to provide the vehicle´s with improved protection and fire power. The upgrade package gives the vehicle´s another life of 25 years and minimum life cycle cost.

The solution feature modular add-on ballistic and mine protection modules integrated on the turret and the hull, suspended driver seat, crew compartment fire suppression system, driver´s sight system composed of a forward and rear thermal cameras and rear charge-coupled device (CCD) camera, gunner´s periscope and commander´s panoramic sight with associated electronic units, advanced fire control system, battle management system, laser warning system, electrical gun & turret drives, inertial navigation system, user interface, and as well as stabilized remote weapon station armed with a 12.7mm heavy machine gun, 40mm automatic grenade launcher or 7.62mm light machine gun and fitted with thermal imager, day TV camera and laser range finder and automatic tracking capability.

The new fire control system includes the gun elevation system, turret azimuth sensor, military automatic weather sensor, muzzle reference collimator, gun/turret inertial measurement units, ammunition and the temperature sensor. The battlefield management suite includes the digital intercom system, digital displays units, software defined tactical radio systems, command and control computer and command and control software.

The Turkish company could be in talks with the Finish authorities to upgrade the country´s army Leopard 2A4 vehicles to the Leopard 2NG standard.

171 of the TLFC´s Leopard 1 main battle tanks were upgraded with the Volkan fire control system from Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret.

Back
Top Bottom