What's new

Leio's PLA military photos (kinds of military equipments)

How is Su 34 different from other Chinese jets like J11, J10 etc.

Like what ability does it produce. Please help me here, I am not such an expert.
Add China version 'Su-34' CGI, it's a parallel two-seater heavy bomber/fighter.

Can anyone give a summary of how likely are these J-18-rumours are ???
china needs bomber with similar capabilities to that of the su-34. so a j-18 being similar to that of the su-34 would be very likely.
su-34-1.jpg

china needs bomber with similar capabilities to that of the su-34. so a j-18 being similar to that of the su-34 would be very likely.

YES, and I do not question that a Su-34-alike would fit nicely but given the latest and for me very surprising rising of too many rumours I simply question their reliability.

IMO there are right now a few too many projects under discussion (H-X = H-20, H-18, JH-18, JH-XX and JH-7B, J-16 ...) Not that I would complain but IMO it's not really realistic... and as such do we even have confirmation that it is at least real ?

Deino

PS ... this is said the be the original image ! ... I still have a strange feeling but at least this one looks much more reliably than anything else we've seen so far !

J-18 PS-job but said to be flown on 27.10.15 - 1 xs.jpg

YES, and I do not question that a Su-34-alike would fit nicely but given the latest and for me very surprising rising of too many rumours I simply question their reliability.

IMO there are right now a few too many projects under discussion (H-X = H-20, H-18, JH-18, JH-XX and JH-7B, J-16 ...) Not that I would complain but IMO it's not really realistic... and as such do we even have confirmation that it is at least real ?

Deino
you of all people should understand that firstly china does not talk about its defence developments.

i have not looked into the Chinese defence procurements . i only know about the z-10 and j31 to an extent.

personally i think the j18 is a hoax. the j11/[family] would be able to fill the void of a light bomber and the jh-7b would cater the j11 too.

but china is in desperate need of a strategic bomber like the b-1, b-2, tu-22m, and the tu-160

as for the image i would suspect the are trying to develop a blended canards for use on further j11 jets. the design is very premature and inefficient so i would expect it to be a prototype on a test bed.

How is it different from J11, J10, and other aircrafts already operated?
Heavy anti-ship / ground-attack platform ... as far as i knew J-11 and J-10 designed for air-combat & dogfight like F-15/Su-27 & F-16, JH-7 and new J-18 'Su-34 alike' designed for anti-ship / frontline bomb like Su-24 & Su-34, J-16 designed for multi-role mission like Su-30 ... J-20 for stealth air-combat like F-22, J-31/FC-31 for stealth multi-role like F-35.

Above is the difference between China fighters.

Deino

PS ... this is said the be the original image ! ... I still have a strange feeling but at least this one looks much more reliably than anything else we've seen so far !

View attachment 268496
J-18, China version Su-34 looks like true ... at least photo is real.
327B392056C30E7B770EF35FD26039DE.jpeg
234225p8nxw6knk8eqfnok.jpg

you of all people should understand that firstly china does not talk about its defence developments.

i have not looked into the Chinese defence procurements . i only know about the z-10 and j31 to an extent.

personally i think the j18 is a hoax. the j11/[family] would be able to fill the void of a light bomber and the jh-7b would cater the j11 too.

but china is in desperate need of a strategic bomber like the b-1, b-2, tu-22m, and the tu-160

as for the image i would suspect the are trying to develop a blended canards for use on further j11 jets. the design is very premature and inefficient so i would expect it to be a prototype on a test bed.
Yes ... now China only lack powerful strategic bomber, H-6 fleet is old latest H-6K still weaker & shorter than B-1,Tu-160 and B-2 flight range. The only solution is to design a new bomber, better stealth. I heard we have a H-20 stealth bomber project under progress in North-West China.

Heavy anti-ship / ground-attack platform ... as far as i knew J-11 and J-10 designed for air-combat & dogfight like F-15/Su-27 & F-16, JH-7 and new J-18 'Su-34 alike' designed for anti-ship / frontline bomb like Su-24 & Su-34, J-16 designed for multi-role mission like Su-30 ... J-20 for stealth air-combat like F-22, J-31/FC-31 for stealth multi-role like F-35.

Above is the difference between China fighters.

J-18, China version Su-34 looks like true ... at least photo is real.
View attachment 268504 View attachment 268505

Yes ... now China only lack powerful strategic bomber, H-6 fleet is old latest H-6K still weaker & shorter than B-1,Tu-160 and B-2 flight range. The only solution is to design a new bomber, better stealth. I heard we have a H-20 stealth bomber project under progress in North-West China.
in my personal opinion you have mastered the ability the build airplanes. but the things you have not mastered is engine technology, sensors, avionics and stealth. obviously the engine are the most important.

do you have pictures of cruise missile engines. i was wondering if they share similarities with the al-222 or the al-55

in my personal opinion you have mastered the ability the build airplanes. but the things you have not mastered is engine technology, sensors, avionics and stealth. obviously the engine are the most important.

do you have pictures of cruise missile engines. i was wondering if they share similarities with the al-222 or the al-55

Engines are a bottleneck but avionics is one of the strengths of the PLAAF, as is stealth.

I wish China can buy Eurojet EJ200 jet engine techs from Britain ... anyways as u see domestic WS-10A engines have used on J-11B and J-10B fighters, although now still behind U.S/Russia/Britain/France engines China keep working hard to develop domestic jet engines, AVIC can get achievement step by step in the future.

China CJ-10 cruise missile's WS-500 turbojet engine:
CJ-10's WS500 engine.jpg
6597198409518224153.jpg
9722_10220686_5.jpg
4a4197973e3f10f040560.jpg

Engines are a bottleneck but avionics is one of the strengths of the PLAAF, as is stealth.
do you have proof that Chinese avionics and stealth coating are one of plaaf's strengths?
also plaaf does not even have stealth fighters inducted so how can it be a strength? do they still bake the stealth coatings on the jets or do they use electrostatic methods to apply the coatings on the jet?

I wish China can buy Eurojet EJ200 jet engine techs from Britain ... anyways as u see domestic WS-10A engines have used on J-11B and J-10B fighters, although now still behind U.S/Russia/Britain/France engines China still working hard to develop domestic jet engines, AVIC can get achievement step by step in the future.

China CJ-10 cruise missile's WS-500 turbojet engine:
View attachment 268560View attachment 268561View attachment 268562View attachment 268563
it would be a great addition to china.did you hear about someone from the US got arrested for trying to ship f22 and f35 engines to china?

do you have proof that Chinese avionics and stealth coating are one of plaaf's strengths?
also plaaf does not even have stealth fighters inducted so how can it be a strength? do they still bake the stealth coatings on the jets or do they use electrostatic methods to apply the coatings on the jet?
The Western Europe don't even have a working stealth prototype. So who is ahead apart from US.

it would be a great addition to china.did you hear about someone from the US got arrested for trying to ship f22 and f35 engines to china?
Well i read the news ... don't know whether true coz many West media good at defaming China.
Even we get a real F119 jet engine, also can't copy it ... coz lacking necessary material & manufacturing technique.

Back
Top Bottom