What's new

LCA Tejas fires R-73 missile

So there ya go.......it was probably a test of electrical systems or a structural test.

So there ya go.......it was probably a test of electrical systems or a structural test.

main objectives of test firing were to validate:

•Safe separation of the missile from the parent aircraft.
•Effect of missile plume on engine air-intake
•Functionality of store management system (SMS) including safety interlocks
•Effect of missile plume on composites structures
•Handling quality assessment during missile launch

do you guys have made this site your home or something ?? don't seems to visit other sites :partay::partay:

Whatever happened to the "indigenous" LCA? I looked up for the LCA and it showed Indian radar. I am confused. LCA with an Indian radar firing Russian missile, that will be something to check on, unless that Indian radar really is some Russian/Israeli radar.

New Delhi, Oct 25 (IANS) India's indigenously developed Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA) Thursday achieved its 'most significant milestone yet' with a 'copy-book' test firing of a close combat missile to mark the beginning of the jet's weaponisation programme.

'The historic event marks the beginning of weaponisation, which is the focus of the current initial operational clearance (IOC) phase of the (Tejas) programme,' a defence ministry statement said.

'The test was conducted from a mobile telemetry vehicle where all the aircraft, systems and weapon data were closely monitored.

'Quick analysis of the data revealed that it was a 'text book' launch where the systems' performance matched the predictions well,' the statement said.

The test firing of the R-73 missile was conducted at an altitude of 7 km at an air-to-air range off the Goa coast, with the aircraft flying at a speed of Mach 0.6.

'Air-to-air missile integration and testing, especially on a fly-by-wire aircraft is a very complex task involving interfaces with aerodynamics, engine air intake, control laws, flight control systems, avionics systems, and electrical and other general systems of an aircraft,' the statement said.

The test firing was meant to validate five parameters:

* Safe separation of the missile from the parent aircraft,

* Effect of the missile plume on the aircraft's engine air-intake,

* Functionality of the aircraft's store management system (SMS), including its safety interlocks,

* Effect of the missile plume on the aircraft's composites structures, and

* Assessment of the aircraft's handling qualities during the missile launch.

The test firing was conducted from a Tejas prototype vehicle PV-1 flown by Gp. Capt. N. Harish, chief test pilot of the National Flight Test Centre of the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) that has designed the aircraft.

A photo-chase Sea Harrier aircraft flown by the Indian Navy's Capt. Yatish Saxena and Cdr. Dalip Singh monitored the test from the air.

'The (test) has proven the capability of the composite team comprising designers, and production, certification, flight test and user (Indian Air Force) agencies to integrate and flight test an advanced missile on the Tejas,' the statement said.

The Indian Navy's INS Hansa station in Goa 'provided all support for this important flight trial,' the statement added.

D. Banerjee, chief controller (R&D) at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO); P.S. Subramaniam, programme director at ADA; and Air Vice Marshal B. C. Nanjapa, director (LCA) in the IAF, were among those who witnessed the test firing.

Tejas combat jet fires close combat missile - India

Actually the more interesting question has to be in regards to the radar used in the launch.......or was it a simple electrical test of the firing mechanism? Or a test of the pylon structure of the wing.

It was just to test the plane's structure and launc mechanism, it was blind shot.

Whatever happened to the "indigenous" LCA? I looked up for the LCA and it showed Indian radar. I am confused. LCA with an Indian radar firing Russian missile, that will be something to check on, unless that Indian radar really is some Russian/Israeli radar.

There was no radar involved, who said there was?

It was just to test the plane's structure and launc mechanism, it was blind shot.

Actually, if the composites being used in the LCA are really something to be proud of, then i must say, this test was a milestone for Indian aviation industry. We need to send someone to check out its composites. :smokin:

Who said? :what:

I just said there will be a Russian/Israeli radar developed by India.

no Russian involvement here only Israelis supplying few A2G nodes to complete the MMR RADAR SOON other wise it could have taken more time and drdo didn't wanted to waste more time and round it up ,atleast 15 MMR have been made and 20 more will be made by 2010

NO Radar yet , we only have indigenous ASTRA AAM which is still in testing so we used a Russian AAM ,Second round will see Israeli AAM ,and then may be French AAM and last Indian AAM , now don't assume it is a Russian/Israeli/French/Indian Radar :lol: just because it fired a AAM from this country ,by the way Russian didn't provide any Help in even integrating it with Tejas

Mr. Subramanyam Programme Director of the LCA programme, said (after Tejas AAM launch)

“Three years ago we were told by the (missile’s) vendor that we will not be able to do it on our own and that only they could demonstrate it for us. They were also not prepared to share information on it. The knowledge that we have now gained will give us the confidence to integrate any missile on any fighter aircraft.”

link

The Hindu : National : Tejas crosses milestone, test-fires combat missile

Back
Top Bottom