What's new

Kuwait and visas for Pakistanis

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ the 6 years visa renewal was only for the companies which are in yellow category- the companies in red category will not have any visa renewal of its expats- The companies in green categories are safe their expats and can stay in Kingdom as much as they like-

The categories are devised on the basis how the company follows the law of saudization- this labor minister Fakieh is becoming a pain in the a55 for expats-

The news is true, and yes Kuwait has banned visas for 5 some even says 10 countries all together. And yes that includes Pakistanis, and yes my own brother has been effected by this who has just come back form the US after finishing his school there, and had 5 job opportunities pass him by because of this issue. The latest one just recently. The main reason that we are getting is that there is a general amnesty going on where they have granted fine free and clean exit to any illegal living here and which will expire on the 30th of this month. And then they will remove this visa ban. Well it dont make much sense as many indians and bengalis live here illegally as well. Me along with many others are just clueless to what is going on, but I would lay the blame to an extend on our government. They and our embassy here had practically done nothing, and also when zardari came here, the ban came into effect literally with in a week from his visit. Our officials are non existent, they dont care, and looks like that the situation is going to last for a while.

Thank you friend So the news that they will lift it on the 30th is final.

The Embassy of Kuwait in Islamabad has confirmed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the news item published in some Kuwaiti newspapers, claiming that entry visas and work permit visas for Pakistani nationals have been stopped, is baseless and incorrect. The Embassy has further assured that no instructions in this regard have been issued by the Government of Kuwait.

But visit on-line forums where Pakistanis are actually experiencing extra ordinary delays in getting their Visas. Kuwait is not willing to acknowledge but there is some reality that Pakistanis are not given Kuwaiti Visas easily.

This is not new. Since last year Kuwait has had the policy of keeping Pakistanis out.

I happened to visit Kuwait last April as Middle East Petroleum and Gas Conference was being held there. Despite having a British Passport, which requires no entry visa, I was help up for 2 hours until they got the clearance from their Interior Ministry.

I complained to the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation who had invited me to attend. I was subsequently informed that Air Port immigration staff had been asked to get clearance from the security agencies before they allow anyone of Pakistani origin regardless of the Passport they carry. It took so long because Kuwaiti Interior Ministry also asked clearance from the US before granting me an entry visa. Regret to say that with recent revelation that Osama had been living in Pakistan, it would be become even more difficult for Pakistanis to visit foreign countries.

On reflection, I don’t blame the Kuwaitis, when foreigners, including our supposedly Middle Eastern brethren, see burqa clad lathi wielding women and bearded youth singing praises of known terrorists such as Osama bin Laden, how can you expect them not to suspect each and every Pakistani

So they will stereotype a hundred million plus Pakistanis based on what a handful have done. Isn't Kuwait one of the largest doners of international terrorism, after all the Al Kuwaiti brother's, who were helping Osama in Pakistan, had been influenced by an extremist variation in their so called country.

It's high time Pakistan utilizes its military might over these satellite states and put them where they belong. A group whose only contribution to the modern world is extremism and a coward wizard called Osama does not deserve any respect or even a courteous greeting.

This was already declined by the Kuwait embassy so why not closed this thread?

Thank you friend So the news that they will lift it on the 30th is final.

Not a confirmed news but a rumor, just like the reason that we keep getting for the ban at the first place. At this point of time its anyones guess.

This was already declined by the Kuwait embassy so why not closed this thread?

Zaki it was declined by the embassy but the fact is that there is a ban, it was already impossible for us to get relatives over for visits. Now it has crossed the impossible line. And "T" all this talk of what our gov should do to put these guys in their place, as I had mentioned earlier, this is a complete diplomatic faliour on our gov's part to do anything abt it. As the ban its self came into effect a weeks time after Zardaris visit. And the embassy only if they would get some time off from ripping off their own then they might think of doing anything.

^^ The Pakistani embassies in gulf countries are just useless--

^^ The Pakistani embassies in gulf countries are just useless--

It is not just Pakistani embassies/consulates but also the embassies/consulates of south Asian countries in general

I will give you the example of Pakistani embassy/consulate UAE: The number of Pakistanis in UAE is 1 million+ all these 1 million use the embassy/consulate and pay for the services they acquire from the embassy/consulate. Where does all that revenue go?

November 14, 2006

Officials at the Pakistan Consulate General in Dubai have unearthed a case of embezzlement at the mission. The fraud took place in the collection of fees for passports and other consular services.

Consulate officials have termed it one of the biggest cases of financial embezzlement unearthed at any Pakistani mission abroad.

gulfnews : Pakistan mission unearths siphoning of funds

April 16, 2011

Lahore High Court Chief Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry on Friday disposed of a petition challenging sale of Pakistan embassies’ land in Japan and Indonesia in 2002 allegedly at throwaway prices and directed the National Accountability Bureau, Punjab, to probe the allegation and file a reference if proved true.

NAB asked to probe embassies

Scandal of Pakistan’s embassy in Japan - Pakistani Scandals

If you visit the Pakistani consulate in Dubai and see the condition of it you will feel as if the consulate does not generate any revenue and is run on government aid. In fact the Pakistani government is running on foreign aid and all that aid is going to the pockets of the dirty politicians.

We cannot compare the services provided by our embassies/consulates with the services provided by the other embassy/consulates of non south Asian countries. I am not pointing at western embassies, as we cannot even think to compare our embassies/consulates with theirs. They do not have such a huge number of their citizens in UAE but they provide good services if not excellent to their country men residing in UAE.

It is not just Pakistani embassies/consulates but also the embassies/consulates of south Asian countries in general

I will give you the example of Pakistani embassy/consulate UAE: The number of Pakistanis in UAE is 1 million+ all these 1 million use the embassy/consulate and pay for the services they acquire from the embassy/consulate. Where does all that revenue go?

If you visit the Pakistani consulate in Dubai and see the condition of it you will feel as if the consulate does not generate any revenue and is run on government aid. In fact the Pakistani government is running on foreign aid and all that aid is going to the pockets of the dirty politicians.

We cannot compare the services provided by our embassies/consulates with the services provided by the other embassy/consulates of non south Asian countries. I am not pointing at western embassies, as we cannot even think to compare our embassies/consulates with theirs. They do not have such a huge number of their citizens in UAE but they provide good services if not excellent to their country men residing in UAE.

Not all South Asian embassies .
Indian embassies are very good in Gulf countries .

My brother just went to Kuwait 3 days back without facing any problem

banning of visa is there from last 2 years and this time they offically claimed it and its all because of our fkng poor foreign policy.

Thank you friends for your info on this issue.
regards
MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom