What's new

Kudankulam Nuclear plant safe: Kalam

I WANT A NUCLEAR PLANT AND I WANT IT IN KUDANKULAM HONESTLY SWEAR ON MY GOD

BUT NOT AT THE COST OF LIVELIHOOD OF MY PEOPLE. PERIOD.

GOVT. SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE OR IT WILL SPIRAL OUT INTO A DISASTER FOR BOTH THE PEOPLE AND GOVERNMENT

Why should we try ?

The Govt will do it once you guys cross a line and I am waiting for that day.

Now you are clearly bullshitting me.

The organizers have made it crystal clear that their only demand is permanen closure of the Kudankulam plant.

Either you know nothing about the protests or you are deliberately lying to me.

BTW again where were these concern all these years ? the Kudankulam plant has been in construction for a minimum of 5 years and why suddenly these protests ? Something is not adding up.

THE GOVT. IS WELCOMED TO TRY OTHERWISE.
YOU CAN SIT COMFORTABLY AND COMMENT FROM KONGUNAD BUT NO SH!T GONNA HAPPEN.

as far as the call for closure of the plant that is because govt. is adamant and not really being honest enough to help these people. Occasional lip service by Govt. won't help them. Hence this stand otherwise no one there honestly want the plant to go. Remember they are also Indians and they know how important electricity is to them and nation.
but they have to choose livelihood or electricity guess what they will choose.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

still being delusional.

Dream on and more than welcome to try change the reality there.

I WANT A NUCLEAR PLANT AND I WANT IT IN KUDANKULAM HONESTLY SWEAR ON MY GOD

BUT NOT AT THE COST OF LIVELIHOOD OF MY PEOPLE. PERIOD.

GOVT. SHOULD DO SOMETHING TO SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE OR IT WILL SPIRAL OUT INTO A DISASTER FOR BOTH THE PEOPLE AND GOVERNMENT

then you should NOT be supporting the current protests as the sole motive of the protest is to permanently close the KNPP , waste billions of dollars already spent on the plant and make Tamil Nadu suffer 3/4 hours of power cut everyday with industries not coming to set shop

then you should NOT be supporting the current protests as the sole motive of the protest is to permanently close the KNPP , waste billions of dollars already spent on the plant and make Tamil Nadu suffer 3/4 hours of power cut everyday with industries not coming to set shop

I don't want closure and also those people don't want it. but they have to choose livelihood or electricity guess what they will choose.

The govt. is not being very responsible here.

as far as the call for closure of the plant that is because govt. is adamant and not really being honest enough to help these people. Occasional lip service by Govt. won't help them. Hence this stand otherwise no one there honestly want the plant to go. Remember they are also Indians and they know how important electricity is to them and nation.
but they have to choose livelihood or electricity guess what they will choose.

Yes you clearly are bullshitting and lying.

As already reported extensive measures have already been taken to rehabilitate the people and still the only demand of the protestors is to close the plant.

Well let them pay the billions spent from their tax money and then close it. Where were they all these years when the plant was being built ?

BTW even I concur on your last point..let you people keep the livelihood and give the electricity to us..We dont want to suffer 4 hrs of powercut due to the actions of certain vested anti-national interests.

I don't want closure and also those people don't want it. but they have to choose livelihood or electricity guess what they will choose.

The govt. is not being very responsible here.

Sorry you are lying.

the People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE), which is spearheading the ongoing peoples’ stir against the nuclear plant, vowed to continue its struggle till the plant was permanently closed by
the Centre

Link

Yes you clearly are bullshitting and lying.

As already reported extensive measures have already been taken to rehabilitate the people and still the only demand of the protestors is to close the plant.

Well let them pay the billions spent from their tax money and then close it. Where were they all these years when the plant was being built ?

BTW even I concur on your last point..let you people keep the livelihood and give the electricity to us..We dont want to suffer 4 hrs of powercut due to the actions of certain vested anti-national interests.

what measures have already been taken to rehabilitate the people and still the only demand of the protestors is to close the plant.
don't be dumb.
Mention those measures here and let me and everyone here know about it!!!!!!!

what measures have already been taken to rehabilitate the people and still the only demand of the protestors is to close the plant.
don't be dumb.

You failed to answer a simple question all along.

Why the protests suddenly now given that the KNPP has been in construction for about 6 years now ?

Didnt the people know that it was a nuclear plant ?

don't be dumb.

Rehabilitation needs agreement on talks..

Govt cant just build buildings and say " you go and stay".

It seems all the talks have been falling on deaf ears, or maybe the local church sponsored, mining gang backed people have been playing with people's lives and make them believe that Japanese like tragedy awaits you.

As regards to acquisition of land for the projects presently under construction, the

Department, in a note, have stated that land has already been acquired in the case of

Kaiga–3&4 Project at the time of setting up of Kaiga-1&2. The land acquisition at

Kudankulam is also completed. In the case of TAPP-3&4 Project, land for locating the

plant buildings and structures is already in possession since it was acquired as part of

TAPS-1&2. In regard to establishing the exclusion zone for TAPP-3&4 Project, land to

the extent of about 206 ha: is being acquired. Notification and most of the awards have

been declared by the State Government. However, rehabilitation plan and compensation

for land is under discussion between State Government and project affected persons

(PAPs). Land required for setting up of the nuclear power plants is acquired through the

concerned State Governments. They are generally co-operating in this regard. The State

Government decides the compensation for land and rehabilitation package as per its

guidelines to acquisition and implementation of the rehabilitation package are carried out by the

respective State Governments. NPCIL only provides the funds as agreed to with the State

Government.

NPCIL has a corporate policy of undertaking welfare measures in the surrounding areas of Nuclear Power Plants.

As per this policy, NPCIL supports and actively participates in a variety of activities mainly in the area of education, health care, medical

assistance and awareness, hygiene, repair of roads and furniture for schools, medical camps, etc.

Though basic responsibility of area development mainly rests with the respective State

Governments, assistance is extended for community welfare activities around the Plant

site. This is being done basically with the objective of integrating NPCIL activities with local population.

the different projects that are being executed in the State. The land

Such facilities have been extended at all power stations and project sites.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...n98AYF6g&pli=1

Once the rehab plans are made clear to the locals , the project will move on.

as i said you have no idea about ground reality there.
Trader community are protesting because they will lose land and business.(they are in kudankulam and nearby area also)
Fishing community people are protesting because the will lose livelihood due to no fishing in and around those sea due to security issues.

now tell me what govt. has done?????

You failed to answer a simple question all along.

Why the protests suddenly now given that the KNPP has been in construction for about 6 years now ?

Didnt the people know that it was a nuclear plant ?

it was started during soviet era and stopped in between as i explained in my earlier post protest was carried out by fishing folks but no one payed attention even the trading community people stayed away because of good business.
But now after the govt. asked the TRADING COMMUNITY PEOPLE TO VACATE THEY HAVE JOINED THE PROTEST.
The trading community/ annachi's are majority there whereas the fishing folks are minorities hence no importance was given.

now tell me did you understand otherwise i am sorry i can't argue with your adamant and stubborn perception.

Once the rehab plans are made clear to the locals , the project will move on. [/B]

Trader community are protesting because they will lose land and business.(they are in kudankulam and nearby area also)
Fishing community people are protesting because the will lose livelihood due to no fishing in and around those sea due to security issues.

So lets assume Traders can be negotiated and their "big" business can be relocated.

yes no fishing in and around the plant.

They can start from the rehab areas which will be far.

For that first they need to hear and agree to the rehab plans.

As regards to acquisition of land for the projects presently under construction, the

Department, in a note, have stated that land has already been acquired in the case of

Kaiga–3&4 Project at the time of setting up of Kaiga-1&2. The land acquisition at

Kudankulam is also completed. In the case of TAPP-3&4 Project, land for locating the

plant buildings and structures is already in possession since it was acquired as part of

TAPS-1&2. In regard to establishing the exclusion zone for TAPP-3&4 Project, land to

the extent of about 206 ha: is being acquired. Notification and most of the awards have

been declared by the State Government. However, rehabilitation plan and compensation

for land is under discussion between State Government and project affected persons

(PAPs). Land required for setting up of the nuclear power plants is acquired through the

concerned State Governments. They are generally co-operating in this regard. The State

Government decides the compensation for land and rehabilitation package as per its

guidelines to acquisition and implementation of the rehabilitation package are carried out by the

respective State Governments. NPCIL only provides the funds as agreed to with the State

Government.

NPCIL has a corporate policy of undertaking welfare measures in the surrounding areas of Nuclear Power Plants.

As per this policy, NPCIL supports and actively participates in a variety of activities mainly in the area of education, health care, medical

assistance and awareness, hygiene, repair of roads and furniture for schools, medical camps, etc.

Though basic responsibility of area development mainly rests with the respective State

Governments, assistance is extended for community welfare activities around the Plant

site. This is being done basically with the objective of integrating NPCIL activities with local population.

the different projects that are being executed in the State. The land

Such facilities have been extended at all power stations and project sites.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...n98AYF6g&pli=1

Once the rehab plans are made clear to the locals , the project will move on.

Again I'm asking the KNPP has been in construction for about 6 years now...there was no protests all these years..why suddenly ?

Something is not definitely adding up. The church is the main culprit now and slowly reports are coming out about its role.

Again I'm asking the KNPP has been in construction for about 6 years now...there was no protests all these years..why suddenly ?

Something is not definitely adding up. The church is the main culprit now and slowly reports are coming out about its role.

Church, MDMK and the local mining gang are playing with them for their own good.

They wont be liking any negotiations.

The issue is nationalised and even Russia has voiced its concern.

To believe that no rehab scheme has been proposed on a project of this scale is a very weird argument.

Rehabilitation needs agreement on talks..

Govt cant just build buildings and say " you go and stay".

It seems all the talks have been falling on deaf ears, or maybe the local church sponsored, mining gang backed people have been playing with people's lives and make them believe that Japanese like tragedy awaits you.

so now Christians are conspiring huh!!!!!
Why not have a riot and massacre those damn Christians that way you can have your plant.
But what about the Hindu trading community protesting against the plant???????

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Church, MDMK and the local mining gang are playing with them for their own good.

They wont be liking any negotiations.

The issue is nationalised and even Russia has voiced its concern.

To believe that no rehab scheme has been proposed on a project of this scale is a very weird argument.

and still you couldn't come up with anything using Google regarding the rehab scheme of govt:disagree:

it was started during soviet era and stopped in between as i explained in my earlier post protest was carried out by fishing folks but no one payed attention even the trading community people stayed away because of good business.
But now after the govt. asked the TRADING COMMUNITY PEOPLE TO VACATE THEY HAVE JOINED THE PROTEST.
The trading community/ annachi's are majority there whereas the fishing folks are minorities hence no importance was given.

now tell me did you understand otherwise i am sorry i can't argue with your adamant and stubborn perception.

Sorry I don't buy that.

Slowly the skeletons are tumbling out from the closet about the vested interests, primarily the church, and as a result the development of entire TN is held at stake.

Back
Top Bottom