What's new

Kerala Corner

@takeiteasy @Marxist @gslv mk3

You guys might want to watch your posts a little bit.

I think religious discussions are not allowed here. I don't want this thread closed and don't want animosity among you guys :-)

I am an Atheist, so I don't know what you guys are arguing about, as I am ignorant :D

Don't like when our Christian, Muslim and Hindu brothers/sisters fight :(
027-Religion-Trolling-HUmanity-650x545.jpeg

@telugodu I became an Atheist when I was 10-11 years old. I tried to hold onto my religion to please my parents when I was in my teens.

I always thought that a belief in god/gods would ring me happiness. It didn't. My lack of belief for a strange reason had brought a stability in my emotions.

Maybe the doubt had been finally erased.

@telugodu Are you new to the forums?

Welcome bro:enjoy:

Last edited:
New Yearil Adikkan pattiya brand suggest cheyyooooo.....@SpArK and others

enikku Xmas gift-aayittu aliyan kondu vannathu oru maathiri oru sambhavam aanu "Anthon berg" liquor chocolate:
Liqueurs
41zcWX2nB7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

@takeiteasy It is interesting you bring up chocolate liqueurs. One of my assignment in Management this year was doing a presentation regarding Chocolate Liqueurs.

There is a Belgian chocolate company that also makes liqueurs. Godiva Chocolatiers are a chocolate boutique company.

Do you know the pricing of Anthony Berg?

its was just a myth ,not histroy .... than parjna historians parayunthe prestor john indiayile rajavaannenanu historically ange oru rajavum india il illa ....x'ianty flourished after 1498 and some guys used st thomas ,bhramin connversion story to distance from low caste converts thats the truth ... pinne sarah thomas ine pollulavar surani annenu parjnal vishwasikan thonum she looks diffrent from others ,but cant say about others who claim as syrians isrealis ...etc

For our Convenience we ridicule the Aryan-Dravidian Theory of White Man.............Similarly White Cannot digest the Fact that Christianity was followed in another part of world when they were Barbarians..............You cannot deny the fact that Kerala had Trade relation with Greece, Israel and Middle East even before Portuguese came to India.....So why cannot they bring their religion........Where did the Mantancheri Synagogue come from (Jews in Kerala)..................Was that a Myth................

For our Convenience we ridicule the Aryan-Dravidian Theory of White Man.............Similarly White Cannot digest the Fact that Christianity was followed in another part of world when they were Barbarians..............You cannot deny the fact that Kerala had Trade relation with Greece, Israel and Middle East even before Portuguese came to India.....So why cannot they bring their religion........Where did the Mantancheri Synagogue come from (Jews in Kerala)..................Was that a Myth................

absolutely true :tup:

I think religious discussions are not allowed here. I don't want this thread closed and don't want animosity among you guys :-)

I am an Atheist, so I don't know what you guys are arguing about, as I am ignorant :D

Me too................I was not fighting Marxist is my old Comrade................

Did I said it was?You were saying that there are no historical reference to existence of Christians before Portuguese,didnt you?

And again,do you have any proof that we didn't have a sizable population?There were 130 churches in Malabar,when Synod of Udayamperoor took place.

It proves about the existence of a Church,which contains people of Persian & Syrian origin.
And that was issued because of the help Persian merchants gave out in establishment of Kollam port.No one would give out 'freebies'.

No proof of major x'ian population i stick to that ,you dont have any historic proof to prove it

no am not denying it ,my doubts are on st thomas converting bhramins and most of the kerala x'ian s are of syrian orgin and there was lot of x'ians before portugese arrival ,there is no archelogical or historical proof to clear my doubts .... I agree with Thomas of CAna story but thats not te reason for major x'ian population in kerala ....yes trade relation was there then why there is no greek or roman temples here? .... and why there is no Greek or Romans Descent in kerala ,only group i found is some syrians

Not religious one ,its a cultural one

Last edited:
No proof of major x'ian population i stick to that ,you dont have any historic proof to prove it

1.Existence of ~130 (120 syrian,10 latin ) christian churches at the time of Synod of Udayamperoor.
2.Sizable population of non catholic churches like Orthodox,Jacobite,Marthoma ( who do not indulge in evangelism /7 has no connection with Catholic church or Portuguese)

then there are historical references-

In 1504 Chaldean Bishop Yakob ( a Chaldean,from Iraq/Iran ) who was posted to Malabar Church by Chaldean Church (Iraq,Iran) send a send a letter to the Patriarch, and it is mentioned that there were some 30,000 families under their care.

According to Antonio de Gouvea,a portuguese missionary there were some 75,000 warriors in the community.

According to the letters send by Archdeacon George of Cross ( a Keralite ), to Rome in 1629, there were 250,000 Syrians in Malabar with 100 priests and clerics divided among 120 churches. ( Letter dated 1st Jan 1629. Another letter of 4th Jan 1534).
Archdeacon Thomas Parampil (Keralite) in his letters to Pope and to the Cardinals of Propaganda, claimed that the Thomas Christians were more than 200,000.

Bishop Sebastiani ( portuguese first Latin Vicar Apostolic of Malabar), also in his report to Propaganda, gave the same number as given by the Archdeacon Thomas Parampil.

Fr. Franics Barreto SJ, wrote in 1645, that the Thomas Christians were about 150,000.

Pinne iniyum Confusion aakaruthu,Nasrani=Syrian Christian-Members of Syro Malabar,Orthodox,Jacobite,Marthoma,Syro Malankara & Chaldean Church in Kerala.

Those converted by Portuguese (Latin) & by British CMS (CSI) doesnt count.

Last edited:
1.Existence of ~130 (120 syrian,10 latin ) christian churches at the time of Synod of Udayamperoor.
2.Sizable population of non catholic churches like Orthodox,Jacobite,Marthoma ( who do not indulge in evangelism /7 has no connection with Catholic church or Portuguese)

then there are historical references-

Pinne iniyum Confusion aakaruthu,Nasrani=Syrian Christian-Members of Syro Malabar,Orthodox,Jacobite,Marthoma,Syro Malankara & Chaldean Church in Kerala.

Those converted by Portuguese (Latin) & by British CMS (CSI) doesnt count.

Agian all data you show are from post Portuguese arrival ,ie after 1498 ....and its not answers for my questions

that's 150 years after Portuguese arrival ....150 years is not a small time for religious conversion

I've said it once,Before Synod of Udayamperoor,Portuguese had no rights over Nasranis.

Dont confuse latins for Syrians.

Guys, anyone has got gun license here? procedure ariyaamo aarkengilum?

Back
Top Bottom