What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
you are a typical indian person, how can LOC become IB???
Even Kashmiries dont want this they want Kashmir to be a part of Pakistan.

Pakistan need to make sure Kashmir is its main policy towards india and india needs to resolve kashmir issue b4 becoming part of Un security Council.... so its in everyone interest to solve this issue but mind that its cannot be on what india only wants... its what kashmir and Pakistani wants.

:pakistan::pakistan:

You sure are a funny (and a delusional if I may add) person...my friend.:)

The role is to enforce the rights and promises made to the Kashmiri people and help them decide their own future. The aspirations of a brutal occupying force are never going to be considered (by any nation). There is nothing unreasonable about this and India will have to come to terms with this sooner or later.

The sooner you (you ,as in Pakistanis) realise Pakistan is in NO position - diplomatically or militarily - to do that,the better for the peace in the region and more importantly for Pakistan itself.

I am not hyping,but that is the ground reality.

EDIT:..I forgot to add - another role of Pakistan is to discuss the issue of PaK with India as it also comes under the dispute.

Last edited:
If he is talking about the the whole of Kashmir including P O K, then he should be aware of India's stance that India is ready to discuss that given there is absolute cease of cross-border terrorism and infiltration. I think that is what Obama has also said, and not what Mr Abdullah has heard. I O K alone is not an issue of Pakistan or any outsider, it is an internal issue.

The sooner you (you ,as in Pakistanis) realise Pakistan is in NO position,be it diplomatically nor militarily to do that,the better for the peace in the region and more importantly for Pakistan itself.

I am not hyping,but that is the ground reality.

At least you admit that the struggle is between enforcing the rights and promises made to the Kashmiri people and not enforcing the rights and promises made to the Kashmiri people.

Regardless of military might, which struggle sounds morally plausible? Diplomatically this is a vertical battle for India and a roadblock for any serious global position. Its no wonder Indian politicians blow a fuse when the topic is mentioned by others.

At least you admit that the struggle is between enforcing the rights and promises made to the Kashmiri people and not enforcing the rights and promises made to the Kashmiri people.

Please dont twist my words,I have never said so.:disagree:

Why should I when thats not the truth.India did not invade Kashmir in 1948,rather it was the Triblas from NWFP abetted by the Pakistan Army which sowed the seed for this crisis.

It was Pakistan Army that undertook Op.Gibralter.

It was Pakistan Army that undertook Kargil.

And the "supposed" promises made by a naive,utopian politician six decades ago means squat today.

India is in such a diplomatic/military/economic position to easily say - My way or the highway.

Regardless of military might, which struggle sounds morally plausible? Diplomatically this is a vertical battle for India and a roadblock for any serious global position.

"Defending India's territorial integrity" sounds more plausible to me.

Also regarding Road block to any UN/Global position issue :

• First the stated position of India is that we dont need any global position if it is at the cost of our territorial integrity.Period.
  • Second I guess you have not heard that India got elected near unanimously in two key posts in the recent UN sessions and BHO gave US' support for our Permament membership candidacy,without as much as saying a single word on Kashmir.
  • Thirdly Even Core Muslim nations like Saudi,Oman and orgs like GCC dont give **** about kashmir and are signing economic and defence co-operation deals with India.What makes you think that the Western Countries that are becoming increasingly Islamo-phobic will care about kashmir and that too at the risk of dis-pleasing India.

Last edited:
And the "supposed" promises made by a naive,utopian politician six decades ago means squat today.
Kashmiris would disagree with that and it seems they have every reason to not trust Indian politicians if this is the main stream belief. Independence is what Ghandi and Jinnah fought hard for. It still means a lot more than squat.

"Defending India's territorial integrity" sounds more plausible to me.
Considered a disputed region by the whole world. Please dont waste time arguing against this.
  • First the stated position of India is that we dont need any global position if it is at the cost of our territorial integrity.Period.

• Disputed region. Period.
    [*]Second I guess you have not heard that India got elected near unanimously in two key posts in the recent UN sessions and BHO gave US' support for our Permament membership candidacy.
    We dont know the full terms yet or who will support who for the actual UN seat. There are better candidates with more respect for UN resolutions.
    [*]Thirdly Even Core Muslim nations like Saudi,Oman dont give **** about kashmir and are signing economic and defence co-operation deals with India.What makes you think that the Western Countries that are becoming increasingly Islamo-phobic will care about kashmir and that too at the risk of dis-pleasing India.

"Islamophobia" is not a state policy of any Western country and neither is it a deal breaker for Human rights activists. OIC recently made a statement supporting Kashmiris and Kashmir black day was observed in plenty of Muslim countries including Saudi.

While, no country supports Indian occupation and treatment of Kashmiris. Silence will only work for so long.

Kashmiris would disagree with that and it seems they have every reason to not trust Indian politicians if this is the main stream belief. Independence is what Ghandi and Jinnah fought hard for. It still means a lot more than squat.

Welcome to the world where might is right !!

Moreover the Shimal Agreement signed beween Indira and Bhutto supersedes the UN resolutions.

So either way it has gone past its expiry date.

Considered a disputed region by the whole world. Please dont waste time arguing against this.

Disputed region. Period.

No I am not going to argue,because what Pakistan and the rest of the world consider matters nilch to India.

you are free to think otherwise.

We dont know the full terms yet or who will support who for the actual UN seat. There are better candidates with more respect for UN resolutions.

Oh is it. ?? But the world thinks otherwise.

Infact even among the G-4 - recognised aspirants for the UNSC seat - the least opposed is India.

Maybe this Link will help clear some mis-conceptions.

And when our economic and military power increases,more will be added in the list.

"Islamophobia" is not a state policy of any Western country and neither is it a deal breaker for Human rights activists. OIC recently made a statement supporting Kashmiris and Kashmir black day was observed in plenty of Muslim countries including Saudi.

While, no country supports Indian occupation and treatment of Kashmiris. Silence will only work for so long.

Lol demonstrations against Iraq war were held in every city in India back in 2004.But did it change anything nor did it stop India from signing the nuke deals with US.

You sadly dont know how the world works today or you pretend that you dont know.

Hint : Its not based on some notions that are mis-construed as morals.

Last edited:
Omer says Pak has role to resolve Kashmir issue

omarstory_afp.jpg

JAMMU, (SANA): Chief Minister of Indian Held Kashmir Omar Abdullah reiterated that Pakistan has a very important role in the solution of Jammu and Kashmir and if it does so it would be a great achievement for both the nations.

“Pakistan has an important role to play in resolving the Kashmir issue. But, it should play its role in right perspective and if Pakistan does this, it would be a big achievement for both the nations,” Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function in Jammu, adding that he saw a role for Pakistan in Kashmir.

He, however, suggested that the neighboring country should play its role in right perspective.

Omar said; “When our interlocutors talk about role of Pakistan, media gets worried that why they discussed Pakistan, but when Obama makes a reference to it, you say he does the right thing.” “This dual policy is wrong,” he remarked.

Omer says Pak has role to resolve Kashmir issue

Just three words gave the real message.
But here on PDF someone is allowed to digest the way he like.:lol:

Lol demonstrations against Iraq war were held in every city in India back in 2004.But did it change anything nor did it stop India from signing the nuke deals with US.

You sadly dont know how the world works today or you pretend that you dont know.

Hint : Its not based on some notions that are mis-construed as morals.

Now you are just cherry picking. You felt the need to claim that nobody cares about Kashmiris and that "Islamophobia" among some westerners will help your cause.
The fact of the matter is that Kashmiris have world wide support while Indian occupation policy has no international support. I dont feel the need to explain why world wide support is a good thing.

Just three words gave the real message.
But here on PDF someone is allowed to digest the way he like.:lol:

Here on PDF he is called as Indian Puppet (Check old threads)
so how this puppets talk so Important now ?????:rofl:

Now you are just cherry picking. You felt the need to claim that nobody cares about Kashmiris and that "Islamophobia" among some westerners will help your cause.
The fact of the matter is that Kashmiris have world wide support while Indian occupation policy has no international support. I dont feel the need to explain why world wide support is a good thing.

Common on sir, its not comedy circus:lol::lol:
any source for your claim of world wide Support.

Cherry picking....Me ?? :no:

it is you who is cherry picking seeing some isolated "black day" observations in some Mulsim countries and taking that as wide-spread international support for kashmir.

How many Heads of state visiting India nowadays dare say the K-Word. ?? Think about it.

Also for arguments sake,lets assume they have a world wide international support....Then Best of Luck to the world for "liberating" them.

The role is to enforce the rights and promises made to the Kashmiri people and help them decide their own future.
For a country which doesn't even give the Kashmiri's their right to freely canvas and propagate anything in P0K, that the GoP thinks is "prejudicial or detrimental to, the ideology of the State’s accession to Pakistan." [section 7(2) of Interim Constitution of Azad Kashmir] these are hollow words.
The aspirations of a brutal occupying force are never going to be considered by any country. There is nothing unreasonable or unrealistic about this and India will have to come to terms with this sooner or later.
May be it is Pakistan and Pakistanis who will have to come to terms to the fact that no country considers India is 'occupying' Kashmir and that they are more than willing to let it be settled in a manner which India has been advocating since mid '50s, i.e. LoC be converted into IB.

Don't ignore our policy. There is no justification to use these terms for either of them.

Back
Top Bottom