What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Considered a disputed region by the whole world. Please dont waste time arguing against this.

Disputed region. Period.
So. What difference does it make. The 'world' is not in possession of Kashmir. Is it now?

One more thing. Can you show us which UN document (any document would do) rejects India's sovereignty over Kashmir.

OIC recently made a statement supporting Kashmiris...
An organisation where Pakistan is the big brother made a statement supporting Kashmir and that means what, exactly?
...and Kashmir black day was observed in plenty of Muslim countries including Saudi.
By expat Kashmiris and Pakistanis. Ho hum.

While, no country supports Indian occupation and treatment of Kashmiris.
And you for evidence, what?

Pak must stop training, funding militants for Jammu and Kashmir 'jihad': Editorial

Pakistan must abandon its active involvement in the training and funding of militants in Jammu and Kashmir for cordial relations with India, an editorial in a leading Pakistan newspaper has said.

The editorial in the Daily Times comes after a BBC report revealed that Pakistani intelligence agencies are "fully supporting and financing" terrorist groups in Jammu and Kashmir, and that the Pakistan government "is completely aware" about the involvement.

"We must abandon this militant adventurism we have embarked upon on many fronts and work hard on the process of dialogue leading to regional peace," the editorial said.

The editorial further said that the intelligence establishment has to learn to prioritize, and put the country first.

"Pakistan is in a state of increasing state failure. No institution seems salvageable and we are having trouble managing what little resources we have. To stake everything on a claim on Kashmir when we are hard put to it to manage our domestic affairs is increasingly too high risk to be continued with equanimity," the editorial said.

"India is progressing globally at breakneck speed and could eventually trigger an internal collapse in this country without firing a single shot, a la the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War," it added.

Earlier, in the BBC report, Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) leader Zahid Habib Sheikh had revealed Pakistan's Kashmir strategy.

Sheikh had said that Pakistan was supporting militancy in Jammu and Kashmir not for the sake of Kashmiris, but to keep India engaged in conflict, and to use the militants as a bargaining chip in negotiations.

"Pakistan has also turned what should be a nationalist cause, about human rights abuses by India, into a religious cause," Sheikh had said.

Sheikh's candid confession clearly indicates that Pakistani authorities are directly supporting militancy in the Kashmir region, something which the country vehemently denies.

The paper also quoted a 25-year-old engineering student-turned-militant as saying, "While I was at university, I started going to sermons given by preachers and, thank God, I joined a jihadi group. I went to a training camp with hundreds of others for three months. Now I'm ready to do whatever they ask me, to win all of Kashmir for Pakistan."

His mother told that she had thought that her son was going for Quranic teaching, but was horrified to find that he had, in fact, had militant training.

"He is a different person since he went to the training camp; the way he talks and dresses. They have brainwashed him," revealed the man's brother.

"If Pakistan wants to fight India, why doesn't it do it through its army, why does it have to use boys like my brother?" he added.

Pakistan's Foreign Affairs Ministry had however termed the report as baseless and malicious. (ANI)

Source: :smokin:

Pak must stop training, funding militants for Jammu and Kashmir 'jihad': Editorial

Pakistan must abandon its active involvement in the training and funding of militants in Jammu and Kashmir for cordial relations with India, an editorial in a leading Pakistan newspaper has said.

The editorial in the Daily Times comes after a BBC report revealed that Pakistani intelligence agencies are "fully supporting and financing" terrorist groups in Jammu and Kashmir, and that the Pakistan government "is completely aware" about the involvement.

"We must abandon this militant adventurism we have embarked upon on many fronts and work hard on the process of dialogue leading to regional peace," the editorial said.

The editorial further said that the intelligence establishment has to learn to prioritize, and put the country first.

"Pakistan is in a state of increasing state failure. No institution seems salvageable and we are having trouble managing what little resources we have. To stake everything on a claim on Kashmir when we are hard put to it to manage our domestic affairs is increasingly too high risk to be continued with equanimity," the editorial said.

"India is progressing globally at breakneck speed and could eventually trigger an internal collapse in this country without firing a single shot, a la the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War," it added.

Earlier, in the BBC report, Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) leader Zahid Habib Sheikh had revealed Pakistan's Kashmir strategy.

Sheikh had said that Pakistan was supporting militancy in Jammu and Kashmir not for the sake of Kashmiris, but to keep India engaged in conflict, and to use the militants as a bargaining chip in negotiations.

"Pakistan has also turned what should be a nationalist cause, about human rights abuses by India, into a religious cause," Sheikh had said.

Sheikh's candid confession clearly indicates that Pakistani authorities are directly supporting militancy in the Kashmir region, something which the country vehemently denies.

The paper also quoted a 25-year-old engineering student-turned-militant as saying, "While I was at university, I started going to sermons given by preachers and, thank God, I joined a jihadi group. I went to a training camp with hundreds of others for three months. Now I'm ready to do whatever they ask me, to win all of Kashmir for Pakistan."

His mother told that she had thought that her son was going for Quranic teaching, but was horrified to find that he had, in fact, had militant training.

"He is a different person since he went to the training camp; the way he talks and dresses. They have brainwashed him," revealed the man's brother.

"If Pakistan wants to fight India, why doesn't it do it through its army, why does it have to use boys like my brother?" he added.

Pakistan's Foreign Affairs Ministry had however termed the report as baseless and malicious. (ANI)

This all based on unrealistic facts

:blah::blah::blah::hitwall::hitwall::coffee::disagree::bunny:

Last edited:

:sniper::sniper::sniper::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Kashmir is our essential part and we will take it at every cost

Last edited:
This is a new low to Pakistan's image. The Pakistani public can deny all they want but the truth is the country has been seen as a menace to the world and such reports justify it. I hope the public come to term with the reality and show the world that they are not with the government on this. Otherwise Pakistan may face further international isolation.

SECOND EDITORIAL: Abandoning project jihad

According to a report by the BBC, the Pakistani state is allegedly still involved in the training and funding of militants in Kashmir. Not that this allegation is new, but it has managed to stir up some vehement denials by the government. The foreign ministry terms the report “baseless” and “malicious”. The report claims that the radicalisation of militants to fight in Kashmir and the arms and money being funnelled to them for their Kashmir jihad are being supplied by the country’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI). Some Kashmiri fighters claim this ISI intervention has had the effect over the years of changing this largest regional nationalist cause into a religious one. Others claim the ISI is saving these militants for a rainy day so that they may be used as bargaining chips in any negotiations with India while keeping India tied up in conflict.

To gain strategic depth in Afghanistan, the Pakistani establishment has been nurturing the Afghan faction of the Taliban militants, much like this report suggests it has been doing for the Kashmiri militants. Pakistan has been saving the Afghan Taliban as a trump card for a centre-stage seat in Afghanistan after the US/Nato troops withdrawal. Such allegations are hardly a secret by now for the country, the region and the world at large. Therefore, whilst the BBC report is old news, it has ignited some fresh thought and recommendations on the topic.

The intelligence establishment has to learn to prioritise and put the country first. Enough of dual policies, war games and the sponsoring of militants which, although the government is denying, it seems at the very least to be tolerating. The Pakistani militants we were using for Afghanistan have turned on the state and engulfed it in the flames of terrorism. This report, if true, confirms that we have not learnt from past mistakes and could suffer similar consequences if and when these insurgents decide to turn on Pakistan as well.

Pakistan is in a state of increasing state failure. No institution seems salvageable and we are having trouble managing what little resources we have. To stake everything on a claim on Kashmir when we are hard put to it to manage our domestic affairs is increasingly too high risk to be continued with equanimity. India is progressing globally at breakneck speed and could eventually trigger an internal collapse in this country without firing a single shot, a la the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War. We must abandon this militant adventurism we have embarked upon on many fronts and work hard on the process of dialogue leading to regional peace. *

three-wise-monkeys-c117656571.jpg

Way to live !! :cheers:

:sniper::sniper::sniper::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Kashmir is our essential part and we will take it at every cost

Well, the down payment itself is seeming to be too expensive to handle for Pakistan. Dont know how it will handle installments. And you know what, you will still not get it :rofl:

Well ok. But it's still a good script for a bollywood movie. Man do these conspiracy theories ever end, yet they have the nerve to call others conspiracy theorists.

yes dude, just keep waiting for its release or watch it over internet, whatever that makes u happy.

The later part .. well ask the script writers on ur side..

Cool story bro. I am going to send it to bollywood directors.

Or you can send to to directors in your country, those people may get a chance to make some money. I promise, to try and watch this pakistani movie without turning the tv off within first 5 mins .. :P.

The later part .. well ask the script writers on ur side..

I am talking about the place where nearly all the fans of these conspiracy theory come from, not the authors of the conspiracy theories, who may or may not also came from the same place.

I am talking about the place where nearly all the fans of these conspiracy theory come from, not the authors of the conspiracy theories, who may or may not also came from the same place.

Talk about that by opening another thread.. the movies.. script .. etc are unrelated in here.

Infact it seems 'conspiracy " is the favorite word of urs from English.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom