What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
AhmadQureshi.com......Need I go any further....

The above is to prevent those naive readers from wasting 5 minutes of their precious life....unfortunately for me....They arent coming back...

PS: I especially like the kindergarten art on the pic....I recommend "Ugly monster" would have been a more appropriate title....

Utter Hypocrisy !!!!!!!!!!

India refused to recognize the accession of Junagadh to Pakistan and Hyderabad's independence, on the grounds that those two states had Hindu majorities (in fact, India occupied and forcibly integrated those two territories).

And by the way, why is it that to this day india never showed the documents signed by the hindu maharaja, who fled and left the Kashmiri people suffering under bharat rule.

Junagadh was land locked and a plebiscite was held and 99% people voted in favour of India. Same was with Hyderabad. There was no genocide of Muslims in these two places unlike in Kashmir were Hindus were killed/murdered and forced to leave.

As for kashmir and Maharaja, listen to what you own first Chief of PAF of independent pakistan has to say.

Secondly if you really care so much about muslims of Kashmir then you are free to ask them to come and stay in Pakistan. Kashmir was part of India and will remain that way

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheer stupidity.

AJK is not a part of Pakistan according to the Pakistan government. It has its own constitution, President and all that.

And according to Indian constitution it is in India.

Get your facts right before you come and start spouting garbage here.

Careful there,

AJK are two different entities.

As i said, your post was about Gilgit-Baltistan....formerly known as Northern Areas, part of the larger Disputed Kashmir region.

Now you and your schizophrenic government considers it part of India, but the truth is, can you walk in there just like that?
I can.

Go and take a look at Atlas, where Gilgit is.

ISLAMABAD, Sep 21 (APP): Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani on Tuesday underlined importance of Kashmir issue and condemned human rights violations in held Kashmir. “We condemn violations of human rights in held Kashmir. It is an important issue and Monday’s resolution has sensitized international community on these violations,” he said in National Assembly in response to a point raised by Chairman Parliamentary Kashmir Committee, Maulana Fazlur Rehman.

He said it is for the first time that Chair kashmir Committee is going to United Nation on this issue.

The Prime Minister also expressed concerns on reporting regarding arrest of Maulana Fazlur Rehman. “What concern Maulana has raised is painful. He is honorable member of the House and Chair as custodian of the House should also take notice of it and protect rights of the members.”

He said Maulana Fazlur Rehman has been elected Chairman of Kashmir Committee unanimously by the House and he is a respectable member.
Gilani also asked Ministries of Interior and Foreign Affairs to take notice of this report and inform the House.

He also requested media to show responsibility in reporting on sensitive issues and said, we shall appreciate responsible reporting.

Deputy Speaker National Assembly Faisal Karim Kundi also included Ministry of Information and Broadcasting with other two ministries to investigate the report.

Earlier, Maulana Fazlur Rehman had informed the House about a report on a private channel regarding his arrest in Doha on way to United States saying, this report was baseless and concocted. “I have not yet been issued visa. I am here and the report is baseless and meant to tarnish my image.”

Fazl said he was going abroad as Chairman Kashmir Committee on an official visit and sought ruling from the Chair on this report.

India refused to recognize the accession of Junagadh to Pakistan and Hyderabad's independence, on the grounds that those two states had Hindu majorities (in fact, India occupied and forcibly integrated those two territories).

:hitwall: Another Pakistani Uber-intellectual, talking about Hyderabad. I have replied about the whole thing in other thread.

I would recommend Mr.Uber Intellectual to read about Telangana Rebellion, Razakkars in Hyderabad, Operation Polo/ Hyderabad Police Action.

You may also want to read about demographics and Hyderabad state.

In summary except for a few people in the Nizam royalty, every one including poor muslim farmers suffering from the tyranny of Nizam wanted to be part of India. You can see that example in Telengana rebellion where poor muslims were picking chilli powder and running after police forces of Nizam. Nizam and his Arab General, wanted to be Independent, but with matter of days they have surrendered with a total of 4 people dying in the entire police action.

India took the cleanest route to integration. With a wink and nod, if India provided the rebels of State Congress and Communist party workers, with weapons, they would have hanged him in King Koti (a place where Nizam resided) upside down.

condemnation dont affect any thing.pak have to accept their and our realities.

:hitwall: Another Pakistani Uber-intellectual, talking about Hyderabad. I have replied about the whole thing in other thread.

I would recommend Mr.Uber Intellectual to read about Telangana Rebellion, Razakkars in Hyderabad, Operation Polo/ Hyderabad Police Action.

You may also want to read about demographics and Hyderabad state.

In summary except for a few people in the Nizam royalty, every one including poor muslim farmers suffering from the tyranny of Nizam wanted to be part of India. You can see that example in Telengana rebellion where poor muslims were picking chilli powder and running after police forces of Nizam. Nizam and his Arab General, wanted to be Independent, but with matter of days they have surrendered with a total of 4 people dying in the entire police action.

India took the cleanest route to integration. With a wink and nod, if India provided the rebels of State Congress and Communist party workers, with weapons, they would have hanged him in King Koti (a place where Nizam resided) upside down.

The first sentence pretty much sums your post up. We can say the same about you.

Careful there,

AJK are two different entities.

As i said, your post was about Gilgit-Baltistan....formerly known as Northern Areas, part of the larger Disputed Kashmir region.

Now you and your schizophrenic government considers it part of India, but the truth is, can you walk in there just like that?
I can.

Go and take a look at Atlas, where Gilgit is.

Me and my schizophrenic govt have a legal right to that, pending the plebiscite.

You just have your occupation there, but no legal right. And just before you start off about the plebiscite; there are preconditions to that.

NEW YORK — Pakistan on Tuesday urged the United States to pressure India over Kashmir, saying recent unrest showed that New Delhi and not Islamabad was to blame for trouble in the Himalayan territory.

On a visit to New York for a UN session on Pakistan's devastating floods, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi insisted his government wanted peace with India but tore into its rule of Kashmir which he called "oppression."

"The occupation cannot continue. The rights of the Kashmiri people cannot continue to be denied," Qureshi said at the Council on Foreign Relations, a think-tank.

"We call upon the United States particularly, which is pressing so responsibly for peace in the Middle East, to also invest its political capital in trying to help seek an accommodation on Kashmir," he said.

"Such an accommodation would not only be just for the people of Kashmir but would be critical for peace in the region," he said, warning that "terrorism... has fueled and thrived on blatant examples of social and political injustice."

President Barack Obama's administration is seeking a broader relationship with India but also friendlier ties with Pakistan, a key battleground in the fight against Islamic extremism.

India considers Kashmir a domestic issue and rejects any foreign involvement. The Obama administration has steered clear of Kashmir after early statements triggered a backlash in India.

Kashmir, a Himalayan territory with a Muslim majority but a sizeable Hindu minority, has been disputed between India and Pakistan since independence and triggered two full-fledged wars between them.

An insurgency erupted on the Indian side in 1989 but had subsided in recent years. Indian authorities, along with some outside experts, say that Pakistan actively supported Islamic guerrillas who sneaked across the frontier.

But in recent weeks, waves of protesters have turned to the streets to rally against Indian rule in Kashmir. Security forces have shot dead more than 100 demonstrators.

"At times it's easy for the Indians to look toward Pakistan and blame Pakistan for everything that's going wrong in Indian-occupied Kashmir," Qureshi said.

But he said "no one any longer can seriously believe this."

"Can Pakistan orchestrate thousands of people? Can Pakistan plan, sitting in Islamabad, a shutdown all over Kashmir?" he said

I am really afraid Pakistan may succeed in getting Obama to intervene in Kashmir. The day he does that, I hope the Indian lobby in USA will write their Fat Checks to Republican party. He already pissed of Jewish lobby with anti-israel talk.

Obama ==Bad for India

FE_DA_090409publicopinion.jpg

bowing to islamic autocrats is speciality of obama

I am really afraid Pakistan may succeed in getting Obama to intervene in Kashmir. The day he does that, I hope the Indian lobby in USA will write their Fat Checks to Republican party. He already pissed of Jewish lobby with anti-israel talk.

Obama ==Bad for India

FE_DA_090409publicopinion.jpg

bowing to islamic autocrats is speciality of obama

Why is Sarkozy laughing in the background? :what:

let the ppl shout and ask others.btw obama has to sign 3.5 billion deal and may be mrca with 200 billion dollar nuclear market.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom