What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Yes, you keep saying that and the Kashmiris keep getting angrier. I am sure its is comforting to live in a world of delusions.

May be. I think otherwise.

Nonsense. The Soviets have that blood on their hands, not Pakistan. If you wish to blame Pakistan for the post Soviet violence and chaos, then you also have to blame the Americans. Cherry picking history and concocting numbers to make fantastic claims does not make your arguments any more valid, it only illustrates how desperate you are to resort to such rhetorical tactics.

I think I should have avoided this. But anyway, now does it mean that you share twice the blame. After all you are a Pakistani and also an American Muslim! ;)

Why not? People can multi-task, and at the moment the Kashmiris are physically expressing their disgust and anger with the Indian occupation and invaders, and therefore Pakistanis should do their bit to support them in that endeavor.

OK. Good to know.

Commentators say many things, they are not seers - but what is true is the depravity of many Indians in cheering the occupation and oppression of people and the blatant violation of the promise to those people of self-determination. Puts the whole 'tolerant, secular India BS' in complete perspective doesn't it? Bigots, hate-mongers and people stuck in a time warp seeking to avenge the 'Muslim invader' from hundreds of years ago. :disagree:

Not really. Making sure that those bigots and their followers (actually victims of Stockholm syndrome, victims assuming they were perpetrators) don't repeat the fine deeds of their heroes.

Ever again!

The terrorism in Pakistan is primarily the result of the Afghan conflict, and the US invasion of Afghanistan, and not the Kashmir conflict.

And I fail to see how any Indian can morally and ethically not support the right to self-determination promised to Kashmiris by India herself.

Many of your generals and politicians blame it all on Kashmir. Musharraf did that, your Gul said so just yesterday in an interview to CNN.

In fact, he claimed that even Afghanistan was the result of Pakistan's Kashmir obsession.

india knows what to do ?.who cares 4 un(unable).btw un is in u.sa.

So you're suggesting that UN has no say and should have no say in the issues at global level? Don't bring UN-has-no-teeth arguments to justify your statement.

I'm not sure if this would have been the response if the UN were to hypothetically rule tomorrow that Kashmir is a part of India.

Double standards.

How long did the British invade and occupy the sub-continent for?

India's aukat is no different.

Actually it is the reverse.

We have expelled the invader, be it British or the more barbaric one before them (that invader had been completely defeated in the 17th and 18th century before the British invader came).

No question of giving something to those who think they are inheritors of the invaders.

In fact, the supposed inheritors of invaders don't have time on their side now. They will likely lose everything if they can't reconcile to what they have. It was all a bonus and they should treasure that. ;)

no sir,u will c result in future.

seems your country is trying to push hard to gain the chair on the security council of this ''un(able)'' as you so dub it :)

will your presence suddenly make it ''able'' :lol:

are your troops so unable to quell existentialists that they like to wear the helmets?

it's unfortunate that you choose to turn a blind eye to the atrocities being committed in Kashmir while concurrently claiming that it is an ''integral part'' of hindustan next door...

for that to be the case, the people would have to support your presence there; which clearly, they aren't as we are seeing firsthand on the news

Also check out the NYT interactive, with some very touching pictures:

India Faces Broader Revolt in Kashmir - Slide Show - NYTimes.com

thanks for sharing....

RIP to Fida Nabi, and all the other Kashmiri victims of unwarranted, uncalled for suppression and violence by the occupying forces of the increasingly troublesome neighbour country.

best way to avenge their losses is to continue to spread the word about the grave injustices being committed.

Pakistan Nation, even during these difficult and testing times, must continue it's diplomatic and moral support to our Kashmiri bretheren.

:pakistan:

So you're suggesting that UN has no say and should have no say in the issues at global level? Don't bring UN-has-no-teeth arguments to justify your statement.

I'm not sure if this would have been the response if the UN were to hypothetically rule tomorrow that Kashmir is a part of India.

Double standards.

no sir this was not my meaning.u can c the policies of the un.un seems to be a big failure.i think un is ruled by some powerful countries.

seems your country is trying to push hard to gain the chair on the security council of this ''un(able)'' as you so dub it :)

will your presence suddenly make it ''able'' :lol:

are your troops so unable to quell existentialists that they like to wear the helmets?

it's unfortunate that you choose to turn a blind eye to the atrocities being committed in Kashmir while concurrently claiming that it is an ''integral part'' of hindustan next door...

for that to be the case, the people would have to support your presence there; which clearly, they aren't as we are seeing firsthand on the news

i dont know wat indian presence will do in un.on next point,sir no country allows it's part to be broken at any cost.i dont know abt pk,but india and indian considers as our state rather than even a disputed territory.

trying for 60+ years, and the time hasnt come yet??? Well Once the kashmiris will Learn from there mistakes and Find out who the Real culprits are... Lol... Lets wait and see...:D

one would have to be blind and autistic to not realize that they already have learned.....who are Kashmiri existentialists confronting right now :wave:

no sir this was not my meaning.u can c the policies of the un.un seems to be a big failure.i think un is ruled by some powerful countries.

And that is exactly the UN-has-no-teeth argument.

Indian troops, regardless of their institutional affiliation have been found using UN marked helmets and equipment. They were not peacekeepers or from UNPROFOR.

Nothing to defend here.

India has consistently rebuffed any attempt at outside mediation or diplomatic entreaties, including efforts by the United States. The intransigence has left Kashmiris empty-handed.

72212070.jpg

"I used to cover the protests," said Mr. Nabi, a news photographer. "But now I will join them."

52762337.jpg

Indian officials have tried to portray Kashmir's stone-throwing youths as illiterate pawns of jihadist forces across the Pakistan border, but many of the protesters are well educated. One young man who regularly joins protests and goes by the nom de guerre Khalid Khan, left, has an M.B.A. and a well-paying job.

55309968.png

Last edited:
i dont know wat indian presence will do in un.on next point,sir no country allows it's part to be broken at any cost.i dont know abt pk,but india and indian considers as our state rather than even a disputed territory.

how has that helped?

Back
Top Bottom