What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Now you have hit the crux of the problem, now the question is, who seeks military confrontation, they are the ones fuelling the violence.

One policeman was run over by peaceful protesters in a lorry today, who is fuelling this? Look no further than the beneficiary.

Are you saying US policies and anti-Muslim sensitivities and events in the US have resulted in rioting and the shooting death of 13 captive kashmiri by occupation forces?

Indian friends imagine they will find comfort in pointing fingers at Pakistan -- and it's no secret that freedom for the captive Kashmiri has widespread support in Pakistan - but those Indian military planner who imagine that India today enjoy superiority and can deliver a punch that will once and for all put an end to freedom for the captives, are mistaken.

Yes, it's true that Pakistani forces are focused on fighting terror and offering relief operations in the aftermath of the floods, but that does not mean they are not keeping an eye on Indian troop movements.

So, it would be tragic if there is a miscalculation in some Indian military circles. The US mission in ASIA will be threatened with failure if it should once again, come out against Muslims. That must not happen again.

If its about HUman Rights Violation I will be the 1st one to condemn the killings but if its about freedom based on religion then I will be the first one to support its suppression!

Maybe the Indian will move this Yatra thing, given the sensitivity of the people. Perhaps move it to south India or something.

I guess Yatra should be done at hazrat bal, new place for Shiv ji..

We know who is fueling all this unrest in Kashmir, it has been made quite obvious. Dont worry, we will pay back handsomely. Two can play this game.

These protests were about the rumours of Quran burning and burning missonary schools and churches is condemnable since they have nothing to do with the act itself. These acts are unIslamic and are tantamount of punishing someone for the crime of someone else. The slogans were anti-US not anti-Indian in this bout of violence.

i think more foreign media should be allowed in to cover the event

i think the hindustanys are exaggerating the extent to which it was an anti-US (as opposed to anti-hindustany occupation) focused protest

HAve you been following the Indian media or just making your opinions based on forum comments.

People from all over India have condemened HR violations. Chidambaram himself said that there are atleast 18 deaths that are undergoing investigations that were uncalled for.
And it is almost unanimous that Pakistan is now irrerelavant in the dispute. Unless you have not follwed the Indian media you woudlnt know that.

I think in this forum itself there are links to various talks shows that had the locals youths participating and expressing their opinions and you will see what I mean.

I can't beheld accountable if Pakistani media is not showing the true picture of what the Indian media is showing.

If your civil society and media coverage can bring back the lives of those who have departed, then I am all for it! :tup:

to all Pakistani comrades:

click here

India forces battle Kashmiri protesters; 15 killed - Yahoo! News

and comment on it; a lot of the commenters have a distorted view of Islam; and of Pakistan's stance on Kashmir. Even small measures like this can make a difference. I saw many interesting comments on there actually.

Dont bother. You cannot win over us in the west with the fanatical Islamic version. We like to deal with only moderate Islamic parties and Islamic intellectuals. I saw videos of Kashmir protests and they look right out of some fanatical Islamic country with uneducated, rag tag people hurling stones. No one will support a movement like that, just to let you know.

i think more foreign media should be allowed in to cover the event

i think the hindustanys are exaggerating the extent to which it was an anti-US (as opposed to anti-hindustany occupation) focused protest

They tried to burn a Church, anybody who's trying to burn a place of worship will be met with live bullets regardless of them protesting against India, USA or Pakistan for that matter.

Hindus who burnt churches seemed not to have been greeted with bullets - in secular India - curious that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom