What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Indian army is doing a great job in Kashmir by killing these terrorists.....Go Indian army...:sniper:

Freedom fighters are doing a great job killing occupying, terrorizing Indian soldiers - Go Freedom Fighters!

See how easy it is to flame.

Now refrain from this nonsense and if you don't have anything constructive to post then don't post.

So your saying that he majority of the indian occupation army in kashmir is muslim.

Well more then 70% of Police in Kashmir is Kashmiris . And a majority of them are Muslims.

Moreover: CRPF hires young men from the same area and trains them as they know the terrain very well, this helps in identifying and killing terrorists faster. (There are about 70 Battalion of CRPF in Kashmir that means around 90000 men) and majority of them Drawn from state of Jammu and Kashmir.

India Army comes to action only if called for. Majority of the work is Done by CRPF(Central reserve Police Force). So now tell me if a terrorist is killing a CRPF jawan. the chances are that he is killing a Kashmiri and most probably a Muslim. So there goes the support for terrorists put of the window.

Nice strategy deployed by Indian security forces.

Time for some news: http://www.dailyindia.com/show/374164.php

Army undertakes recruitment drive in Kashmir Valley

Kupwara (Jammu and Kashmir), May 9: The Indian Army is conducting a recruitment rally in the Kupwara District of Jammu and Kashmir to provide an opportunity to unemployed youth to join.

The rally is being conducted in phases. Currently, it is being held at the headquarters of 28 Infantry Division in Kupwara.

"We started the recruitment rally on April 30. The phase one of the rally was conducted in Tangdhar and Vajra Shakti Bridage (It involves exercising an infantry division and an independent mechanized brigade of 11 Corps). They requested us and you know that it is a difficult and remote region of the country. The second phase is being conducted here in Trigram, as you can see. This is the Vajra Division; the rally is being conducted here on their request," said Brigadier K D Malhotra, 28 Infantry Division, Kupwara.

He also said that several candidates have turned up in spite of bad weather. Passion for joining the army could be seen in every candidate, he added.

"Sir, I would love to join the army. I had a brother who was in the army. One day we went to a forest just like that, where he was shot dead in front of me. That day, I took a pledge to join the army. I feel that even if I have to sacrifice my life, I would do that because I have seen so much," said Ghulam Qadir, a candidate.

Unemployment is a major problem in the border and militancy prone areas of the Kashmir Valley. Such rallies are seen as a good opportunity for the unemployed young generation of the region.

Such rallies are held more in the backward and underdeveloped areas of Kashmir like Tangdhar, Gurez, Keran, Machil.

Last edited:
Hi,
I met a mujahid how fought indian occupiers in indian occupied Kashmir and soviets in afghanistan..........God bless them ameen.
The mujaheed now a buisnessman working in charbahar or some iranian city.........told us how animals raped young kashmiri sisters in occupied kashmir....and how they (occupiers) used to cry and soil there pants after being captured.
I felt sorry for our brethern kashmiris......and pain for the attrocities they suffer.

\
My father was in GHQ i used to see pics of martyred kahmiri children,women and men brutaly killed by indian terrorists in occupied kashmir.
Im not a so called phony intelectual watever..........But i just want to tell indians on there face tht instead of rejected truth and ground realities........I ask u guys to just support the truth the justice shall prevail.
Give kashmiris a right to decide wat they want ......... u will get ur answer.

Kashmiris are exercising their right to vote on lok sabha,legislative,local and municipal body election so they don't need other elections
How will u feel if somebody comes and occupies ur country?kill ur children and rape ur mothers and sisters? and cry of being the saviour of ur land?
SUPPORT KASHMIRI PEOPLE AND THERE WILLS AND DESIRES.
Thts just wat i want to say....
Apologize if i hurt someones feelings
Thanks

no comment..plz read histroy who first occupied kashmir ?

Last edited:
Mods should i now reply in same manner used by these indians?
i hope u wont ban be on this one will ya agnostic or webie?or other frnds?
should i??

Why should we celebrate their achievements when they top Indian civil service ?? It means they or he or she wants to be an Indian and play a part in its bureaucratic establishment and doesn't support freedom of Kashmir from the occupiers, they become traitors, don't they ??
Interesting observation.

Did it occur to you that joining India is also an option. That makes the so called 'freedom fighters' traitor to those who wish to remain with India.

Just curious...Was Mukti Bahini ever designated as a terrorist organization by UN?
Did the 'UN Al-Qaida and Taliban Sanctions Committee' exist in 1971? You know quite well that the spotlight on insurgent groups fighting today did not exist back then, nor, as TK explained, was there really enough time during the hight of the conflict in 1971 to be lobbying and pushing for these sorts of moves.

In any case, regardless of a 'UN terrorist designation, I fail to see how, even as Indian, you do not see that the EP rebels that were carrying out massacres of West Pakistani civilians (cutting off the breasts of women and killing babies even) and killed tens of thousands of West Pakistani civilians and left the bodies to rot in just a handful of cities alone, do not qualify as terrorists?

The actions of the rebels, and continued Indian support for them that prolonged the conflict, was directly responsible for Operation Searchlight and the breakdown in discipline in the PA when confronted with rebel atrocities - ultimately the open support by India for the rebels was a declaration of war on Pakistan - much as Indians argue that any terrorist attack against Indian supported by the Pakistani State will be an act of war against India.

Almost every Pakistani here has been unequivocal in condemning insurgent violence against civilians. Yet Indians continue to weasel around in not condemning Indian support for the terrorists/rebels in East Pakistan, that committed documented atrocities, while in the same breath arguing that Pakistanis are supporting terrorists in supporting insurgents. Some Indians are in fact justifying present day terrorism and atrocities by somehow arguing that the killing of school teachers, principals, laborers and other civilians is 'justified! I have seen no word of condemnation from any Indian on this thread for those people blatantly supporting the killings of innocent civilians in Balochistan.

The hypocrisy is plain, and of all people, you were one of the Indians I though would see why the Indian position on EP is wrong, and condemn IG and India for supporting terrorists in 1971.

Indians need to stop making the 'good terrorist vs bad terrorist' distinction regarding their support for terrorists in East Pakistan.

Last edited:
Mods should i now reply in same manner used by these indians?
i hope u wont ban be on this one will ya agnostic or webie?or other frnds?
should i??

Don't reply in the same manner.

The moderation team has made clear what it expects in terms of post content and what is off limits, and those who refuse to follow guidelines will be banned.

In the same breath sir, would you mind if a few Indians on this forum start supporting the TTP's and Balochi's calling them the freedom fighters who are fighting Pakistani forces illegal occupation of their lands.

The TTP and Balch groups have openly accepted attacks on civilians and their murders, and they openly advocate them - supporting them would be open support for terrorism, and if you wish to do so go ahead (and we will go ahead and act as we see fit). On the TTP count at least Uncle Sam will be quite interested in your 'support for them'.

Last edited:
The thread title change is embarrassing. Here we have moderators who profess liberalism, however when it comes to Kashmir, freedom of speech goes out of the window. We have no problems if you call them freedom fighters or call it Azad Kashmir and Indian Occupied Kashmir, but why are you editing thread titles made by Indians? No matter how many times thread titles are changed, they shall remain terrorists for us and Azad Kashmir shall remain Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.

I would also like to state that Pakistan's continuing insistence on calling terrorists in Kashmir as freedom fighters - people who target civilians more than security forces no matter what Pakistanis have been fed - is one of the reasons why Pakistan is under the grip of terrorism themselves. Hasn't the GOP heard of the saying - if you play with fire, you're gonna get burned?
The reasons for the title change have been provided in previous posts and they are sound.

Please read through them if you have any questions.

OK - end of discussion on the title change.

The thread shall continue as the sole thread for posting news about encounters in J&K

Any more posts that are off topic are gone since enough has been said and the discussion is starting to go around in circles with the same points being made again.

...nor, as TK explained, was there really enough time during the hight of the conflict in 1971 to be lobbying and pushing for these sorts of moves.
...and yet during the same time period India managed to clinch a ground breaking deal with USSR and lobby extensively against Pakistan in Europe.

The actions of the rebels, and continued Indian support for them that prolonged the conflict, was directly responsible for Operation Searchlight...

Thats batpi$$ that you are peddling. India's support came long after 25/26th March and there wasn't any significant violence that would warrant a crackdown of 25/26 March.

Even Pakistan's White Paper, which attempted to provide day by day account from 1st March to 25th March, couldn't provide any evidence of 'actions of the rebels' prior to Operation Searchlight, let alone Indian support.

Even if we assume that there was violence, why was PA withdrawn to the barracks on 3rd March (IIRC) and was only let loose on 25th March?

I think the india members including yourself now understand.......start calling the freedom fighters insulting names then expect the same back and we end up nowhere.
I dont expect you as an indian to call the kashmiris freedom fighters, so i except the phrase "militants" but when you start to call the freedom fighters "terrorist" then i will respond with "indian terror forces" and so forth untill we end up at pigs and rats.

They r terrorists mate. and no amount of sugar-coating can change it.
And if u call them freedom fighters then TTP,BLA are all freedom fighter to Indians.

Internal differences always happen just like civil wars but that was not the point........the point was that if its non kashmiris fighting that are in kashmir then there the proof of the ummah helping out there fellow brothers.

Oh u use chemical weapons and kill lakhs jus for the sake of some petty internal diferences.Now now i ll leav this and spare u the difficulty of convincing me abt ur Ummah.

Well to put it correctly the pandits are refugees.
Bring all the kashmiris back to kashmir from india-pakistan and let them vote on the issue of kashmir.......what you scared off? According to you indians the kashmiris love india and hate pakistan so you will the vote and thats the end of the matter.

Pandits are refugees who are Kashmiri and were hounded out of Kashmir by terrorists.
The simple reason we r not holding the plebiscite is Pakistan has not moved out its settlers from P-O-K and more importantly we dont have to prove to anyone that Kashmir is with India by holding a referendum.
We cant hold referendum jus for the sake the "UN"ABLE or Pakistan asks us to do..It is our wish whether to hold or not.

So the majority of the indian army fighting in kashmir are muslims?

The army has long given its duties to the RR and the native Kashmiri police.So the many in RR and almost the whole Kashmiri police is Muslim.

When you do the same in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura,Punjab,Karnataka,Andhra Pradesh ect then i will take your advice.

The last time i heard Arunachal is said that they r proud Indians and will fight against China in case of Invasion.and there is no militant group in Meghalaya,.As for the rest of the NE militant groups almost all of them ahve been done away with except one ot two and they too are on their death beds.
nd Mate where did Karnataka and Andhra come from..?do u even know their location on an India map..? :rofl::rofl:

Hi,
I met a mujahid how fought indian occupiers in indian occupied Kashmir and soviets in afghanistan..........God bless them ameen.
The mujaheed now a buisnessman working in charbahar or some iranian city.........told us how animals raped young kashmiri sisters in occupied kashmir....and how they (occupiers) used to cry and soil there pants after being captured.
I felt sorry for our brethern kashmiris......and pain for the attrocities they suffer.
My father was in GHQ i used to see pics of martyred kahmiri children,women and men brutaly killed by indian terrorists in occupied kashmir.
Im not a so called phony intelectual watever..........But i just want to tell indians on there face tht instead of rejected truth and ground realities........I ask u guys to just support the truth the justice shall prevail.
Give kashmiris a right to decide wat they want ......... u will get ur answer.
How will u feel if somebody comes and occupies ur country?kill ur children and rape ur mothers and sisters? and cry of being the saviour of ur land?
SUPPORT KASHMIRI PEOPLE AND THERE WILLS AND DESIRES.
Thts just wat i want to say....
Apologize if i hurt someones feelings
Thanks

Its funny how you apologize after copy pasting a spam from the internet. I would accept your apology, but the last time I did that, my post got deleted. I can very well find a similar post from the net about Pakistan too... but whats the point.. what are you trying to say that this different from the last 20 + pages....??

Did the 'UN Al-Qaida and Taliban Sanctions Committee' exist in 1971? You know quite well that the spotlight on insurgent groups fighting today did not exist back then, nor, as TK explained, was there really enough time during the hight of the conflict in 1971 to be lobbying and pushing for these sorts of moves.

I am not refering to the terroris org label that came into being in 2001. But apart from Pakistan, who labels Mukti Bahini as a terrorist organization. Did any major world power support this contention in 1971. I dont think the Mukti Bahini phenomenon lasted just for weeks that it did not give enough time to Pakistan to push for these moves. I think Pakistan was too busy and too secure in the Operation Searchlight to think of that. The thought of branding MB as a terror org is primarily an after thought after losing the war Pakistan never expected to fight, let alone lose..

In any case, regardless of a 'UN terrorist designation, I fail to see how, even as Indian, you do not see that the EP rebels that were carrying out massacres of West Pakistani civilians (cutting off the breasts of women and killing babies even) and killed tens of thousands of West Pakistani civilians and left the bodies to rot in just a handful of cities alone, do not qualify as terrorists?

The actions of the rebels, and continued Indian support for them that prolonged the conflict, was directly responsible for Operation Searchlight and the breakdown in discipline in the PA when confronted with rebel atrocities - ultimately the open support by India for the rebels was a declaration of war on Pakistan - much as Indians argue that any terrorist attack against Indian supported by the Pakistani State will be an act of war against India.
I dont claim to know much about this war but I think the sequencing is wrong. You have the cause and effect mixed up.. Also you are leaving out the genocide committed by PA in Bangladesh the size of which is estimated by some in millions.

In my view, the closest event you can compare that time is with the partition of India and Pakistan. The atrocities on both sides were no better at that time as well..

Almost every Pakistani here has been unequivocal in condemning insurgent violence against civilians. Yet Indians continue to weasel around in not condemning Indian support for the terrorists/rebels in East Pakistan, that committed documented atrocities, while in the same breath arguing that Pakistanis are supporting terrorists in supporting insurgents.
I dont agree to this statement. There are a bunch on this forum as well who actually take pride in the events of Mumbai and make veiled threats to that happeneing again. But then idiots know no national boundaries and are truly global.

That aside, I wonder why whenever I read about Bangladesh, I see the words Pakistani genocide and sexual abuse of women.. But hardly any talk of India supported terrorism.

But as I said.. I dont know about that war much (from a Bangladesh angle). Will however do some research on that and come back with my views if anyone would be interested..

Some Indians are in fact justifying present day terrorism and atrocities by somehow arguing that the killing of school teachers, principals, laborers and other civilians is 'justified! I have seen no word of condemnation from any Indian on this thread for those people blatantly supporting the killings of innocent civilians in Balochistan.
And I find that as deplorable as people justifying deaths in Kashmir as collateral damage of a war against Indian Army...Both stands are misguided but unfortunately, one feeds the other..

The hypocrisy is plain, and of all people, you were one of the Indians I though would see why the Indian position on EP is wrong, and condemn IG and India for supporting terrorists in 1971.

Indians need to stop making the 'good terrorist vs bad terrorist' distinction regarding their support for terrorists in East Pakistan.

As I said.. dont have a researched stand on this and will come back with one.

btw if MB does turn out to be like a terror organization, is Pakistan now justifying support for terrorists in India based on that??

On a different note.. I remember the 1st war of independence (common for our 2 countries) where Indian soldiers while revolting against their leaders committed atrocities in response to the atrocities of English rule. In your view was that terrorism??

The reasons for the title change have been provided in previous posts and they are sound.

Please read through them if you have any questions.

Agno..How do you expect Indian members to post in a thread the title of which is against their views...

Is this your way of telling us that we can not post news of encounters in J&K on this forum???

Back
Top Bottom